IGNORED

Atari 7800XM - 3.5 years later - Where is it?

Lendorien

You stupid bastards. All this trash talk and belittling, and "I" get my status update privileges revoked. what the fuck is wrong with some of you? I've been waiting for a long time for the 25th anniversary 7800, and XM both paid for, and I've never cried one bit. So if you don't want to wait...then ask for a refund and shut up! I've been a member here since 2008, and I had to be (to everyones expectations) good and civil, or a whole certain bunch of you, will gang up and try to get rid of someone cause they're not "behaving" to their liking! Kiss my ass! No more! Don't like it? too bad. Go cry to a Mod, or go cry to Albert.. maybe he will answer you cause that goof won't answer any of my emails concerning my status updating.

I'm NOT going any where!

But I wouldn't be surprised if curt does finish up the XM and then tells you all to shove it up your asses, and leaves.

Posts like this certainly don't help your cause.

..Al

• Like 9

If he's having heart issues, the last thing he probably wants to do is deal with an issue that will get him upset and angry. He needs to remain calm and not deal with this. Not making excuses and I don't have a dog in the fight, just an observation.

I would have thought this too. But then looking at his Facebook profile, it appears he's a gym rat who works out frequently, and has plenty of time on his hands for that and other strenuous physical activity. I'm not trying to lessen the importance of his health issues, but they don't seem to be affecting him physically. It's clearly a conscious choice he's making not to work on the XM.
  • Like 2

I am saddened by the level of jerk shown here.

Are you supporters? certainly doesn't seem like you are very appreciative of the work involved or the human story behind the development. Perhaps your time would be better spent reading the hardware docs and putting some time in developing some new titles ?

Wishing well for the developer and development

Kind regards

• Like 3

I don't think it's fair to make assumptions based on his facebook page. One can have a personal life right?

The point of the discussion, or so I thought, was that people are upset with the lack of progress on the project, but more accurately the lack up updates/new information, or at least a reasonable explanation of the delays.

When someone comes on to this board where they advertised their upcoming product, and where they took in thousands in pre-order monies for said product, and then several YEARS pass, and many missed deadlines later, that person decides they are going to outright STOP updating the people on the board without explanation, - yet this same person has all the time in the world to make 15 Facebook posts a day about how awesome their summer is going, well - it's pretty easy to see why someone would be upset about it.

Everyone here wishes Curt better health and success in his surgery. that's not the issue.

it's the lack of updates vs. him posting up a storm on Facebook and essentially completely ignoring his obligations re: XM. and that's the real problem here, the second he took money from people for it, it ceased to be a "fun project" and became an obligation. Most people don't like it when you don't live up to your obligations. In the case of money, you can be sued for it.

• Like 3

You stupid bastards. All this trash talk and belittling, and "I" get my status update privileges revoked. what the fuck is wrong with some of you? I've been waiting for a long time for the 25th anniversary 7800, and XM both paid for, and I've never cried one bit. So if you don't want to wait...then ask for a refund and shut up! I've been a member here since 2008, and I had to be (to everyones expectations) good and civil, or a whole certain bunch of you, will gang up and try to get rid of someone cause they're not "behaving" to their liking! Kiss my ass! No more! Don't like it? too bad. Go cry to a Mod, or go cry to Albert.. maybe he will answer you cause that goof won't answer any of my emails concerning my status updating.

I'm NOT going any where!

But I wouldn't be surprised if curt does finish up the XM and then tells you all to shove it up your asses, and leaves.

This post is distinctly Un-Canadian. I though you people were all supposed to be polite and friendly.

The point of the discussion, or so I thought, was that people are upset with the lack of progress on the project, but more accurately the lack up updates/new information, or at least a reasonable explanation of the delays.

When someone comes on to this board where they advertised their upcoming product, and where they took in thousands in pre-order monies for said product, and then several YEARS pass, and many missed deadlines later, that person decides they are going to outright STOP updating the people on the board without explanation, - yet this same person has all the time in the world to make 15 Facebook posts a day about how awesome their summer is going, well - it's pretty easy to see why someone would be upset about it.

Everyone here wishes Curt better health and success in his surgery. that's not the issue.

it's the lack of updates vs. him posting up a storm on Facebook and essentially completely ignoring his obligations re: XM. and that's the real problem here, the second he took money from people for it, it ceased to be a "fun project" and became an obligation. Most people don't like it when you don't live up to your obligations. In the case of money, you can be sued for it.

What in the world is motivating your large number of posts in this thread? You have no vested interest in this product yet you are making one rude comment after another about the developer. It's almost like you have a vendetta against him.

I find it very peculiar that someone with such a short history on these boards has so much disdain for this project.

• Like 1

I would have thought this too. But then looking at his Facebook profile, it appears he's a gym rat who works out frequently, and has plenty of time on his hands for that and other strenuous physical activity. I'm not trying to lessen the importance of his health issues, but they don't seem to be affecting him physically. It's clearly a conscious choice he's making not to work on the XM.

Considering Curt has a heart problems, I think working out is part of the therapy that he has to do to keep the health problems from getting worse.

• Like 6

I think we all understand that especially NOW, with Curt having personal issues... that any further development of the XM is likely on hold. However, I think the biggest problem people are having is simply the lack of "courtesy" being shown here. Just a little common courtesy of making a post once a week, even if just to say, "nothing yet"... goes a long way. If Curt is pissed by all the trolls and negative comments, he needs to just ignore that and press on... not alienate the entire XM fan base.

• Like 2

(Lack of courtesy all the way around, including letting some trolling go by while other trolling is called out....just saying...don't quote me on this, but I think I heard that once Curt is done with this surgery and can function again, he'll chime in with an update. if this is true, then I hope someone locks this thread immediately afterwards. The Facebook versus AA wars are just getting embarrassing, if not douchey.)

(Lack of courtesy all the way around, including letting some trolling go by while other trolling is called out....just saying...don't quote me on this, but I think I heard that once Curt is done with this surgery and can function again, he'll chime in with an update. if this is true, then I hope someone locks this thread immediately afterwards. The Facebook versus AA wars are just getting embarrassing, if not douchey.)

All we missin now is some crazy Tweets!

• Like 1

oh - there's an XM fan base?

Well, how about AA members who are part of the XM discussions, people who threw down money for the project, and potential consumers who want to buy the thing after the funders get theirs. Better? ;)

Just Pathetic!

What's pathetic??? Is it the fact that we are 4 years on, and it is too much to ask for an update here and there? Or is it the fact that yet another announced delivery date has come and gone? Or maybe that you are trying so hard to turn this into an argument? Read the majority of the posts in this thread...the people who paid are just asking for a bit of news. If you think that is too much to ask for, then you are the one who is delusional. It's been 4 years...patience, on our part is not the issue here. The only ones who are not being 100% civil, are some of the people who never pre-ordered one to begin with.

Kiss my ass!

Sorry...I'm not into that whole "human centipede" thing. When you get your lips removed from Curt's ass, maybe we can talk. Till then, have a nice day! ;)

• Like 6

I don't own a facebook account and I hope he has a complete recovery.

I don't know outside of Cpuwiz who could take over Curt's project.

Curt had a partner in Groovybee, but he left the project. Groovybee did the bios the Atari 7800 XM and didn't give Curt the latest version of the bios he did. The thing is having Groovybee taking over the Atari 7800 XM from Curt isn't a good idea because of Goovybee's history of not completing stuff including a couple intellivision games that were pre-order, but are not completed as I am aware of.

Of course there is always two sides to a story. It's not my place or yours to discuss what is between Groovy and Curt, since we only know part of it. Groovy had his discuss reasons, Curt knows that, and they decided to part ways. Details are up to them to tell if they decide so.

The only ones who are not being 100% civil, are SOME people who never pre-ordered one to begin with.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Edited by 7800
  • Like 4

I am locking this thread as I don't want to see it continue to be a "Let's pile on Curt" thread. Yes, the XM is late, yes it's still being worked on, and I'm sure it will be released as Curt has time to work on it. I don't blame him for not posting here when many people are hostile towards him. Curt has done a great deal for the classic gaming community over the years, and I'm sure it was never his intention to let the project drag on this long. And you can bet your ass that he wants to get it done as quickly as possible. But as others have stated, Curt has more important matters to deal with at the moment, and I wish him the best of luck with his upcoming surgery.

So, I'm sure we will see an update soon from Curt after he's had time to recover from his latest surgery. Until then, I ask that people be respectful and patient.

Thanks,

..Al

• Like 13