IGNORED

Atari 7800XM - 3.5 years later - Where is it?

Lendorien

ORCHARD one? I shouldn't have to say this, but XMs really DON'T grow on trees!

I believe that's an example of an "autocorrect typo" (unless the cool kids already have another cute name for it). I get them all the time when I post from my iPad, which is one of the reasons I dislike virtual keyboards on mobile devices.

I'm sure it will come eventually. If not this year, then the end of next year. It'll be like a 32x done right. Not only will it allow you to play both regular 7800 and 2600 VCS games, there will be a set of XM exclusive games that won't work with the 7800 alone.

Why a 32X done right? Eventhough it met a sad end, the 32X also had the same things going for it. And whether the XM will get even more games that require it than th 32X, even disregarding better versions of games available on Mega Drive, only time will tell. It is a big goal for a system relying on homebrews only.

• Like 1

Why a 32X done right? Eventhough it met a sad end, the 32X also had the same things going for it. And whether the XM will get even more games that require it than th 32X, even disregarding better versions of games available on Mega Drive, only time will tell. It is a big goal for a system relying on homebrews only.

Basic 7800 might change everything in time.

Why do they??

because it's nearly 5 years now since all the pre-orderers paid full price for it, and it hasn't been delivered yet, and there still isn't a release date. There are some people who are very angry about that being the current situation, and some people who are very defensive about it taking that long being "normal" for a project like this.

When these two kinds of posters meet, arguments start.

It's ugly any way you look at it.

Edited by ColecoGemini
  • Like 3

Best case somehow the XM gets more than a second run and developers continue to make XM compatible games.

Reality being what it is Curt will stop at the second run and CPUWIZ will make carts that can run XM compatible games. Developers continue to make XM games.

Worst case no XM and CPUWIZ will make XM compatible carts for existing XM games and developers start using those features in the future.

In any case we've got games that use XM features and will continue to see games made with those same sound and RAM upgrades.