IGNORED

Atari 7800XM - 3.5 years later - Where is it?

Lendorien

Now that smooth scrolling assist was dropped there are no XM features. It is all tech that can be included in the game cart, and the high score saving thru a high score open ended cart.

The great thing is buying RAM, POKEY sound and Yamaha sound once, instead of adding that cost to each and every cart.

Also great is carts without a POKEY, programmed with POKEY data, can work stand-alone with TIA sound, and on the XM with POKEY sound.

I'll be in Vegas at this project's 3 year 46 month time, and I'll get those odds for you Brian O ;)

My guess is 100% it will be released, and continue to be available because so much parts stock has already been bought.

• Like 3

Now that smooth scrolling assist was dropped there are no XM features. It is all tech that can be included in the game cart, and the high score saving thru a high score open ended cart.

The great thing is buying RAM, POKEY sound and Yamaha sound once, instead of adding that cost to each and every cart.

Also great is carts without a POKEY, programmed with POKEY data, can work stand-alone with TIA sound, and on the XM with POKEY sound.

I'll be in Vegas at this project's 3 year 46 month time, and I'll get those odds for you Brian O ;)

My guess is 100% it will be released, and continue to be available because so much parts stock has already been bought.

Sounds good :) Just don't make us wait 3.5 years for DK!!!

• Like 1

Sounds good :) Just don't make us wait 3.5 years for DK!!!

I'd call DK nearly finished (except for some difficulty increases), but that also is waiting on delayed hardware - Melody boards based off Harmony Encore.

• Like 2

I'd call DK nearly finished (except for some difficulty increases), but that also is waiting on delayed hardware - Melody boards based off Harmony Encore.

Awesome. Let me know if you need me to do any additional play testing.

• Like 1

How am I a drooling moron, :? :? :? Just by your damn petty words??

You stated a fact about Curt's 7800 XM hardware, while quoting a post about batari's Encore tech, which is funny because it does not make sense - The Harmony doesn't have a Yamaha sound chip.

So you chose reply, instead of just a blank post. Let the jokesters joke!

All of us here are quite sad to have this project take so long, if we didn't joke we would probably riot.

• Like 3

Weekly status reports on the XM would probably go a long way towards keeping people from getting angry and speculating. Also, setting target release dates and not delivering doesn't help instill confidence. People paid money and have the right to know where things stand.

Just my two cents.

• Like 6