IGNORED

Work in Progress: Sky Scraper 2115

Synthpopalooza

Now, we have a fully expanded title screen:

post-23798-0-73176000-1507665916.png

This is in 320B mode interlaced, with 10 colors. A diagonal gradient exists on the letters, going from Grey, Blue, Purple, Red, Orange, to Yellow. The other three colors which make up the display are Dark Blue, Dark Red, and a Dark Green/Yellow.

This used up some cart space so I had to delete level 10 off this release. I would like to have this entire title screen sequence on a seperate bank to save some room on the cart using bankswitching.

The interlacing on the letters can be improved using checkerboarding, right now the interlaced colors are full frame.

I had thought about trying this in the alternate color palette too so we could have an extra 9 colors.

Trebor: Screenshot please, again. :)

ramcharmap6d.bas.a78

ramcharmap6d.bas.bin

And an alternate version:

post-23798-0-44351400-1507668265.png

I used the alternate palette and placed all the colors into a sort of blue-based monochrome setting. When used like this, you get basically a 9-step luminosity on your letters. I thought this one gave it a more cold futuristic steel look to everything.

Now for a challenge to any NES programmers: I triple-dog dare the NES to come up with a title screen display at even half this resolution with this many colors in it. ;)

ramcharmap6e.bas.a78

ramcharmap6e.bas.bin

• Like 2

Update:

Game Over screen has been added ... when you lose the last life, the message displays on the screen, and the game resets to the title screen.

A "Get Ready" message also displays when you lose a life, and the missile and player are reset to their start positions.

There are only 9 levels still ... I am still waiting on help with bankswitching.

Also fixed a previous bug: If you fell off the bottom of the screen with your invincibility active, it didn't reset to zero when your next man came out. Now it does. :)

ramcharmap6f.bas.a78

ramcharmap6f.bas.bin

• Like 1

Which ext does this need for the Mateos 16 in 1? Been trying but not having much luck getting it to run. Tried 48k and even ran your .a78 file through Juan's header cleaner and tried the rom it kicked back. No dice. Is the ROM signed for 7800 encryption?

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Does that cart care? I know mine doesn't.

BTW, OT, is that a Nixie Tube clock in one of the pics you posted?

Does the cart care about what? The ext? Yes...you have to rename the file you load onto the memory bank with the ext of the type of rom it is. Like .32k or .48k.. or in the case of Bently Bear you use .S9P.

And which pic? But yes, I do own a Nixie Tube clock. One of the most expensive items I've purchased that sits in my game room honestly. Ordered it from this place online though they have several models to choose from and added functions to them that mine doesn't have since it was a first generation version. I paid about $100 more for it as well back then.

https://www.nuvitron.com/?mc_cid=20d637d5f4&mc_eid=1986068093

Well I ran it through the encryption program and it already contains a valid signature. Hmm..guess it doesn't work on the Mateos 16 in 1 cart then. I just get a few lines on the screen. I know the cart is good as I just tested it and that memory slot on it by burning the Ms. Pac 320 mode rom on it and that works just fine. So something about this rom the Mateos cart doesn't like. Unless I'm using the wrong ext for the file.

Yeap...that is what I currently have it set with as the ext. Also tried 48P without luck as well. Wonder if it could be padded out 128k to see if it makes a difference. I seem to recall the same had to be done with the DK XM/PK rom to make it work?

This is a single wide mode cart with the title screen in 320B and the main game in 160A. 48K rom. I don't know if this helps.

Not really. The Ext of the file is how the cart knows to load it up for the 7800 to read it. The files work fine in emulation, but just produce a scramble screen on my 7800 through the Mateos flash cart. So I'm curious if anyone has managed to get this rom working on one of these and what ext did they use or rom revision last worked?

Latest ROM and prior images work fine loaded to the MCPDev cart and plays without any issue on my consoles.

Standard 48K image no bankswitching, it should be straight forward for the game to load and run on the Mateos cart without a problem. Noticed here though...

...Tried 48k...

...the "k" is lowercase. Not sure if the above is just a typo; however, per this post it is required to have the "k" uppercase [Quote: "...please, notice that all the letters in the extension file names must be uppercased..."]

Last check, in case the wrong image is being grabbed and converted, it should be the bin file being utilized and not the *.a78 file for conversion to *.48K, such as the one contained in the zip file attached below:

Sky Scraper 2115 (6f) (20171010).zip

• Like 1

Latest ROM and prior images work fine loaded to the MCPDev cart and plays without any issue on my consoles.

Standard 48K image no bankswitching, it should be straight forward for the game to load and run on the Mateos cart without a problem. Noticed here though...

...the "k" is lowercase. Not sure if the above is just a typo; however, per this post it is required to have the "k" uppercase [Quote: "...please, notice that all the letters in the extension file names must be uppercased..."]

Last check, in case the wrong image is being grabbed and converted, it should be the bin file being utilized and not the *.a78 file for conversion to *.48K, such as the one contained in the zip file attached below:

attachicon.gifSky Scraper 2115 (6f) (20171010).zip

I will check your ROM you've posted later. But I do have the uppercase form of the 'K' I just didn't type it that way. Still would be curious to see if yours works and mine does not. I downloaded it several times and ran it through Juan's header stripper program on his website to make sure. Will post my results later.

...the "k" is lowercase. Not sure if the above is just a typo; however, per this post it is required to have the "k" uppercase [quote: "...please, notice that all the letters in the extension file names must be uppercased..."]

attachicon.gifSky Scraper 2115 (6f) (20171010).zip

I can confirm that the ROM Trebor supplied works on my Mateos. Thank you Trebor. :thumbsup:

This is the first time I've actually tried this game. Looking good Synthpopalooza. :)

post-21941-0-24819600-1507759987.jpg post-21941-0-11724200-1507760004.jpg

• Like 1

Sramierz2008 did you use the 48K ext for it? Still curious why it was failing to load up on mine initially. Unless this requires one of the later model Mateos carts? I think I have a ver3 that doesn't support 48P properly or something like that. Will check the rom Trebor has sent now. This started by the way because Synthpopalooza was curious how it would look through the UAV mod.

• Like 1

Sramierz2008 did you use the 48K ext for it?

:ponder:

I can confirm that the ROM Trebor supplied works on my Mateos. Thank you Trebor. :thumbsup:

;)

The ROM I posted contains the *.48K extension. :)

I downloaded it several times and ran it through Juan's header stripper program on his website to make sure. Will post my results later.

Perhaps you ran the *.bin file through the header stripper program, instead of the *.a78 file.

The header stripper program is not necessary though, just take the posted *.bin file and rename to *.48K.

:ponder:

;)

The ROM I posted contains the *.48K extension. :)

Perhaps you ran the *.bin file through the header stripper program, instead of the *.a78 file.

The header stripper program is not necessary though, just take the posted *.bin file and rename to *.48K.

No go... just get the exact same two yellow lines vertically across the screen. Hmmm....

Wow..okay so I tried a different USB cable that is only like 1' long instead of the 2' cable I usually use and that time it worked copying it over. So I guess like Inky, it would appear that my USB cable is to blame. Strange that other roms copy over okay with it. Unless I happen to get lucky when I copied over Ms. Pac 320 to it?

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-