IGNORED

HSC11 Round 5: Platform"E"rs

Platform"E"rs

Well you guys keep suprising me in the polls! First DK was slain and now only 1 vote for the superb Encounter! What are you like :D So for round 5 we have various falling and frying of little guys who for some reason decide to go jumping around and collecting stuff rather than taking it easy. Several of these games are new to me so we'll see how they play and score things later, but have fun, check them out and post any thoughts. Think they're all new to the HSC so a chance to get your names in the coveted record books :P

Hope everyone is enjoying things so far, it's going to be a long season but there will be chances for catching up missed games, plus some special rounds. The new scoring is keeping the points tighter as planned and I'm liking having a few games to play in a session. EVERYONE WELCOME TO JOIN IN :thumbsup:

More info welcome for these games!

Download links below to Fandal, other download sites: atarionlin.pl , Vjetnam , Homesoft

Electro Maniac!

Play for level reached

Collect the white thingys and then you can eliminate the baddies to complete the level :)

Just pipped from winning the abbuc software contest 2009, a quality classic platformer perhaps only let down by being slightly too difficult - luckily it also comes with a construction set so If anyone wants to tweak any of the existing levels we could improve the game or produce some new levels and create a disk between us?!

NEW: Dual language Level Editor & Game disk Bonus Points for any new levels :thumbsup:

Fandal & atarionline.pl have both original disks.

Perhaps the author Stefan Müller will be up for making some changes too; checkout his EM site (paste the text into a translator). I thought there was an English version too? The MAC/65 assembler code is available too programmers :thumbsup:

electro_maniac!.png

Easy Money

Play for $

looks nice but not seriously played this one... we might need some Polish translation for this one perhaps someone can help out? See Post #9 for english text. Thanks Sikor :thumbsup: Possibly the best game here folks with adjustable jumps too ;)

easy_money.png

Escape from Doomworld

Play for score

looks like torture?! Fandal XEX atarimania Info

More Instructions thanks NIKON :thumbsup:

confirmed! right from pressing space to start; Fire=Jump up a level, UP=jump forward, Down=pick up items. Go to bottom right to finish level. P=Pause. Reminds me of that other Daleky game we played a while ago :-o

escape_from_doomworld.png

Egon

Atarionline.pl ATR Fandal XEX

Gotta be good with a name like that :grin:

Turns out it's Crazy Egon and it's a BASIC game - the ATR may be better, the EXE needs RUN typing after each go. Play for level reached

egon.png

Game Egon!

EVERYONE WELCOME to PLAY :)

Round closes Sunday erm that's in 2 weeks... 30th

:) I'll give it a couple of goes then, probably will end up being a complete waste of time. Time that would be better spent on the other games!

Perhaps you could leave a couple of challanges open for the season like you did a couple of years ago. Particularly for games that we didn't get chance to play

OK as a bonus if anyone does beat Electrician post for 5 bonus HSC points - otherwise don't post for this game ;)

:) I'll give it a couple of goes then, probably will end up being a complete waste of time. Time that would be better spent on the other games!

Perhaps you could leave a couple of challanges open for the season like you did a couple of years ago. Particularly for games that we didn't get chance to play

Consider this the first one :thumbsup:

Anyone have a version of Easy Money that will work on an Atarimax Flashcart (8mbit)?

I tried moving the loader (via 'edit title and settings' in Atarimax Cartridge Studio) as well as some of the other options but no luck.

-SteveS

the Poles' have several XEX (and ATR) versions http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=katalog&sub=E&tg=Easy+Money#Easy_Money

I've added some more download links to the first post :)

Season 11 Current Standings & Stats Updated!

Easy Money

looks nice but not seriously played this one... we might need some Polish translation for this one perhaps someone can help out?

O.K.

Shop:

+ Pozbycie się Benego = Beny's out

+ Nieograniczony czas = Time stop

+ Moneta jako dwie = double score coins

+ Dodatkowe życie = extra life

+ Następna komnata = next localization

+ Wyjście = exit

+ Stan twojego konta - your actual account

That's all ;)

Edited by Sikor
  • Like 1

Well damn, these are not the games I was expecting to play!!!

This isn't going to help me get out of 18th place!!!

well it might... so warm up the seat for that 19th spot :D

Thanks Sikor for the Easy Money translation (above) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: now we need to get the sector editor out and do some good old hacking the text

the Poles' have several XEX (and ATR) versions http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=katalog&sub=E&tg=Easy+Money#Easy_Money

I've added some more download links to the first post :)

Season 11 Current Standings & Stats Updated!

I found that version V4 of Easy Money from that site works. Wish I found one sans the crack notice.

Here's my Atarimax 8mbit Flashcart workbook, image, flasher ATR and game files.

Enjoy.

-SteveS

HSC-11.5.E.zip

• Like 2

Electric Maniac 163665 Level 7

There's a minor fault on level 6 (perhaps elsewhere too?) in that as long as you clear the top section of the board you get enough score to gain an extra life. So you could stay on this board forever just bagging the points on the top half of the screen. Otherwise enjoying this one.

Do we know how many levels there are?

I'll answer my own question! Having read the instructions it looks like 37 :-o

Edited by McKong

I do not see how Egon is scored but at game over continually get this screen..happens on PAL and NTSC

Using Atari winn800plus and the file from the link in post #1

Electric Maniac 163665 Level 7

There's a minor fault on level 6 (perhaps elsewhere too?) in that as long as you clear the top section of the board you get enough score to gain an extra life. So you could stay on this board forever just bagging the points on the top half of the screen. Otherwise enjoying this one.

Do we know how many levels there are?

I'll answer my own question! Having read the instructions it looks like 37 :-o

OK I've just played all the games :-o

This rounds going to be a battle of will :!:

We'll play for level reached on Electro Maniac! and Egon.

Egon is a BASIC game, type RUN to play again (and wait for the initialisation). The "psuedo" XEX file is trying to run menu.bas after each go. You could try the ATR version or download the BAS file and stick it on a DOS menu and amend the line 2270 to just RUN :)

Elecro Manic! Hard, as I suspected, but good. Level 3 nearly beaten. Thankfully the construction set is fairly easy to use! [test screen pic below]

post-19705-0-00167600-1395159144_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-70671300-1395159145_thumb.jpg

Egon fun and gets tactical, Level 5. Turns out it's Crazy Egon!

post-19705-0-46071400-1395159139_thumb.jpg

Escape from Doomworld 8,410 ouch!

post-19705-0-20107100-1395159147_thumb.jpg

Easy Money $52 :thumbsup: (no purchases made)

post-19705-0-90090700-1395159140_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-43842100-1395159142_thumb.jpg

Powersoft what do you know about Enrico I & II? do we want any more punishement folks?!!

post-19705-0-38874700-1395159137_thumb.png

You know when you see Atari things everywhere...

post-19705-0-84858300-1395159148_thumb.jpg

I'll stick some more comments on the first post for the games :)

Well, I liked the look of Easy Money.

That said, there's no scoring system for the game. So far I've reached only level 4 but I don't remember how much money I had (after one purchase).

Also is there a way to complete Level 3 without losing a life first?

-SteveS

Well, I liked the look of Easy Money.

That said, there's no scoring system for the game. So far I've reached only level 4 but I don't remember how much money I had (after one purchase).

Also is there a way to complete Level 3 without losing a life first?

-SteveS

YES!!! I played it again to check ;)

Escape from Doom World turns into a kind of Choplifter after 3 or 4 levels. Think you need to fly to the left, land near the building, and wait for some people to leave the building and enter your ship. Not sure after that cuz I died from running out of fuel.

sounds interesting

this round is really wide open - graft for the win folks :P

Hey Jason...

Enrico 1 & 2 is not coded by me. It was someone different :)

How we do it here with these plattformers?

Some post Levels some post Scores...

EGON

I played those times back very often...

So we got here after three turns a walk-through :)

(see screenshot)

ELECTRO MINER

Reached out to Level 7

Hard Game but as soon you know how to solve a level it is a wolk through :)

usually...

EASY MONEY

reached out 47 bucks

ESCAPE FROM DOOMWORLD

Nothing on Atarimania how to play this game.

I connt find a good game play in this one...

Cheers

Markus

post-38004-0-31372700-1395268266_thumb.png

Edited by powersoft

Hey Jason...

Enrico 1 & 2 is not coded by me. It was someone different :)

How we do it here with these plattformers?

Some post Levels some post Scores...

EGON

I played those times back very often...

So we got here after three turns a walk-through :)

ELECTRO MINER

Reached out to Level 7

Hard Game but as soon you know how to solve a level it is a wolk through :)

usually...

EASY MONEY

reached out 47 bucks

ESCAPE FROM DOOMWORLD

Nothing on Atarimania how to play this game.

I connt find a good game play in this one...

Cheers

Markus

:thumbsup:

Keep an eyeball on the first post as I update this with changes/info - sometimes we get rounds where I don't know the games!!

For Electro Maniac and Egon it's levels

For Easy Money it's $ and for Dooworld it's points

I'm creating an English Version of the Electro Maniac! Editor - will post it tomorrow hopefully ;)