IGNORED

Night Stalker hack

7 minutes ago, mr_me said:

You'll have to drop it on the .bat file if you want to use its settings.  The path to jzintv.exe has to match correctly, you should move/rename the jzintv folder set to something more convenient.

i just dropped it on the batch text file and nothing happened. that batch file dose not do anything.

2 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

i just dropped it on the batch text file and nothing happened. that batch file dose not do anything.

That's because it doesn't have the correct path to jzintv.exe.

1 minute ago, kinseliplier said:

no it says windows batch file but on the name it just says jzintvrun no matter what i set it as

Windows usually hides some of the three letter file extensions by default.  You can turn that off.  You can also right click on the file and use properties to see the actual filename.

Just now, mr_me said:

That's because it doesn't have the correct path to jzintv.exe.

Windows usually hides some of the three letter file extensions by default.  You can turn that off.  You can also right click on the file and use properties to see the actual filename.

no i clearly put the exact correct path to my jzintv.exe and its not doing anything.

9 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I see a space in the folder "intellivision emulator"

1 how do you know my file has that name?

2 i did not put any spaces.

3 i got it to work after highlighting the path with "  "

4 i fixed the recording problem by changing settings in my game capture on my obs.

5 how do i change the game controlls?

1 hour ago, kinseliplier said:

5 how do i change the game controlls?

You'll have to create a mapping file aka keyboard hack file and add the option to the startup. E.g.:

c:\jzintv\bin\jzintv.exe -z3 -v1 "--kbdhackfile=c:\jzintv\hackfile.khf" %1

The instructions for the mappings are here.

http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/jzintv/doc/jzintv/kbdhackfile.txt

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

You'll have to create a mapping file aka keyboard hack file and add the option to the startup. E.g.:

do i need to make it a batch file?

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

i got a hack file and changed some keybinds on map 0 and put the path command in it and made both a text and a bach file of it and pressed F5 while in game and it didnt change anything.

39 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

do i need to make it a batch file?

Just modify the .bat file you already have.

28 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

i got a hack file and changed some keybinds on map 0 and put the path command in it and made both a text and a bach file of it and pressed F5 while in game and it didnt change anything.

There shouldn't be any command paths  in the hack file, only mappings.

3 hours ago, kinseliplier said:

Map 0 should be enabled by default.  Pressing F5 will take you back to Map 0 if you change it to Map 1 or Map 2 using the F6 or F7 keys.

If jzIntv is giving you a hard time, I have a front-end I developed called PIDEjL (Portable Intellivision Development Environment jzIntv Launcher), which lets you select a game with various parameters, generates the appropriate batch file on the fly, and executes it.  Obviously, it takes some time to set it up with your ROM collection, but once it's working, you don't have to deal with all those command-line switches.

• Like 1

As an alternative, there is a very nice program called THE LTO Flash! User Interface Software , which was created by Steve Orth of the intvfinhouse.com

I have been using this software and it is pretty cool. It has the jzINTV emulator built-in

And like the author says: 

"Even if you do not yet own a LTO Flash! cartridge, the LTO Flash! User Interface Software (LUI) still offers useful tools to keep track of your ROMs and run them in the jzIntv emulator. Because it is expandable, LUI's capabilities will grow. At this time, the high-level features provided by LUI include:

ROM library management
Full support for LTO Flash!
Intellicart! download support
Integration with the jzIntv emulator - it's never been easier to use!"

It's a free download at:

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/intvfunhouse/ltoflash/

-Tim

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 5:02 PM, Zendocon said:

Map 0 should be enabled by default.  Pressing F5 will take you back to Map 0 if you change it to Map 1 or Map 2 using the F6 or F7 keys.

If jzIntv is giving you a hard time, I have a front-end I developed called PIDEjL (Portable Intellivision Development Environment jzIntv Launcher), which lets you select a game with various parameters, generates the appropriate batch file on the fly, and executes it.  Obviously, it takes some time to set it up with your ROM collection, but once it's working, you don't have to deal with all those command-line switches.

well i heard that pressing F5 changes to your custom map 0 and pressing that should have changed it to what i changed map 0 to.

• Like 1