IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

15 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

~SNK社内のご紹介~ 本社ショールームです。こちらでは商談をしたり、インタビュー動画の撮影が行われます。 今ではなかなかお目にかかれないMVS筐体や、クレーンゲームのネオミニも活躍中?です。 無料のコーヒーマシンもあるので、SNKのゲームの世界に浸りながら一息もいいですね♪ #新卒 #中途
Translated from Japanese by

~ Introduction of SNK company ~ This is the head office showroom. Here you can have business talks and shoot interview videos. Are the MVS chassis and the crane game Neo Mini, which are hard to see now, also active? is. There is also a free coffee machine, so you can take a break while immersing yourself in the world of SNK games.♪ #新卒#中途

Anthony..

Now this is showroom wow could spend days never mind hours in here ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheBeatMeetsMan said:

My personal favorite is KOF '98. Next is actually 99.  thought the character animation was pretty nice. The background themes and pixels looked really cool, and the garden scene went it's raining was amazing for it's time with it's graphics. Still stuns me to this day. WRCN. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with NeoHomeBrew. ere we have the kind sir continuing with more from the soundtrack from Hypernoid. The name of  this one is called, "Deafeat Darkness" Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Defeat Darkness is the 3rd Electronic Music track composed for my Hypernoid Neo Geo game project which will be played in every x9th stage. The song has influences from Deep House, Goa and Breakbeat genres and features a combination of contrasting threatening and uplifting tunes to create a suspense atmosphere. I hope you will enjoy it!"

Anthony..

• Like 1

So yeah I think I said I'd do this, finally got around to it an hour or two ago.  This is what makes up my current little world of NGPC stuff.  I miss the original setup, everything was complete, and I had Rockman and Cotton, and my NGPC while the same, was the Sonic pack-in version.  By the time I tried getting these back like 4 years ago, shit hit the fan and idiots were running people off with pie in the sky prices on the paper parts which was unfortunate.  How I ended up paying the loose cost on Biomotor Unitron shocked me then, still does now remembering that.

neo-geo-pocket-color-collection.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

So yeah I think I said I'd do this, finally got around to it an hour or two ago.  This is what makes up my current little world of NGPC stuff.  I miss the original setup, everything was complete, and I had Rockman and Cotton, and my NGPC while the same, was the Sonic pack-in version.  By the time I tried getting these back like 4 years ago, shit hit the fan and idiots were running people off with pie in the sky prices on the paper parts which was unfortunate.  How I ended up paying the loose cost on Biomotor Unitron shocked me then, still does now remembering that.

WOW! :-o They look great Tanooki. You even have James (RetroHQ) NeoGeoPocket SD card in the collection. Have to say that I don't have a collection of games like you have with the plastic cases like yours bro. Very nice to say the least. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

緊急告知

明日3/23(火)~4/11(日) TOKYO VIDEO GAMERSにて「八神庵BAR」 の開催が決定

新商品の一部は #SNKオンラインショップ での事後通販も決定

メニューやグッズ等の最新情報はTVG公式アカウント( )からお知らせします

#八神庵BAR #SNK #akibaTVG #INDOR #八神庵生誕祭2021

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■メニュー情報■ #八神庵BAR の情報を発信していきます! コラボメニューとノベルティはこちらです

また、公式サイトもオープンしたのでグッズ情報もチェックしてくださいね

グッズの一部は #SNKオンラインショップ でも販売予定! http://indor.jp/neogeo/iori_bar.html

#八神庵生誕祭2021 #SNK #akibaTVG

■ Menu information ■ #八神庵BAR We will send you information! Click here for collaboration menus and novelties

Also, the official website has opened, so please check the goods information as well.

Some of the goods #SNKオンラインショップ But it will be on sale! http://indor.jp/neogeo/iori_bar.html

#八神庵生誕祭2021 #SNK#akibaTVG

Anthony..

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I think you and the rest of our members and guest will enjoy this as well from Madlittlepixel as well. Tanooki

From the description,

"The NeoPocket GameDrive from Retro HQ is a NGPC and Neo Geo Pocket flash cart! Load up the entire library on a small micro sd card and play on the original handheld! "

Anthony...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

I think you and the rest of our members and guest will enjoy this as well from Madlittlepixel as well. Tanooki

From the description,

"The NeoPocket GameDrive from Retro HQ is a NGPC and Neo Geo Pocket flash cart! Load up the entire library on a small micro sd card and play on the original handheld! "

Anthony...

Definitely I think the original hardware with this SD multicart solution here is a good route to go.

Hi guys,

「SNK ONLINE ART GALLERY」が開催! SNKブランド誕生40周年記念イラストを始め、30点以上の作品を外出することなく、いつでもオンライン上で楽しむことができます♪ さらに!公開しているイラストの複製原画は期間限定で購入可能! 是非ご覧くださいね

★詳しくはコチラ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=336

"SNK ONLINE ART GALLERY" will be held! You can enjoy more than 30 works online at any time, including illustrations commemorating the 40th anniversary of the SNK brand.♪ further! The original reproduction of the published illustration can be purchased for a limited time! Please take a look

★ Click here for details ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=336

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

/ 近日アップデート実装決定!

\ 次回のアップデートをお楽しみに! 気になるアップデート情報は コミュニティにて公開予定

#KOFAS #KOF

/ Update implementation decision coming soon!

\ Stay tuned for the next update! Update information you care about will be released to the community

#KOFAS#KOF

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 新規ユニット「歴戦ノーヴァ」を追加しました! 3月29日まで先行獲得を実施中です! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210322_01fe1y4.html

[MSA update information] A new unit "Various Battle Nova" has been added! Advance acquisition is in progress until March 29th! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210322_01fe1y4.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

This morning, we are with PastBlaster. Here we see you discussing about his Neo-Geo MVS Goldie unit. Always love these particular units and wanted one in the pad of mine. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"

In this episode we check out a beautiful Neo-Geo Goldie arcade cabinet I picked up a few months back. Although it is in great shape, it needed a little cosmetic love. In this video we install a Szabo's Arcade CPO and a NeoGeo LED Marquee kit! - Now's it's even more better! "

Anthony..

• Like 1

SmartSelect_20210323-094509_Firefox

1 hour ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

「SNK ONLINE ART GALLERY」が開催! SNKブランド誕生40周年記念イラストを始め、30点以上の作品を外出することなく、いつでもオンライン上で楽しむことができます♪ さらに!公開しているイラストの複製原画は期間限定で購入可能! 是非ご覧くださいね

★詳しくはコチラ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=336

"SNK ONLINE ART GALLERY" will be held! You can enjoy more than 30 works online at any time, including illustrations commemorating the 40th anniversary of the SNK brand.♪ further! The original reproduction of the published illustration can be purchased for a limited time! Please take a look

★ Click here for details ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=336

Anthony..

Some lovely illustrations! I would love to get some, specially the Mai one ?... but it's a bit on the expensive side ?

SmartSelect_20210323-094509_Firefox

Edited by NeoPancho

So I think it's Neo Geo Pocket Color time. I might go to Akiba tomorrow/this weekend to see what I can find. Is there anything specific that I should be looking for for hardware or software? There is a cart + manual copy of Big Tournament Golf (Neo Turf Masters) in BEEP, but they are closed on Wednesdays, so I can't get that tomorrow, so it would have to wait until the weekend. I have not seen Sonic Pocket Adventure anywhere, but it's definitely something that I want to get.

Few things,

1. Don't get a "slim" version as no after market screen available atm. Slim ones have a keyring/strap hole on the back in the top corner

2. Take the battery cover off and look for any signs of rust or corrosion. A common failure is people leaving batteries in, they leak and the board is wrecked. Even if it turns on I would avoid it if there is evidence of leakage

3. Check it with a cartridge in to make sure it all starts fine. If you power it up without one in then it should go to the calendar etc. If there is no cr2032 backup battery it will flash a warning but this goes after 10 secs

4. Buy one of Saint's SD/GD Gamedrive carts, seriously....the price of games has gone mad. OK there are still quite a few "cheap" ones but if you want to experience it all then the cart is well worth it

5. Backlit screen, SO much better. The original screen is ok but you need to sit under a light, get one of the new screens. The first ones were slightly smaller and you needed a bezel to take up the gap, these are still 100% worth doing as it transforms them. The newest screen is actually larger than the original and you need to trim part of the case slightly, also they are a bit more fussy on battery voltage etc

Neo Turf Masters is great, price going up. Puzzle bobble cheap and great fun. Metal Slug 1 quite good but 2 is better as the option button fires grenades instead of simply swapping weapons. Sonic also good.

They are region free and if you only want loose carts (get the GD cart!) then you could buy Euro/US ones

• Like 1

1 minute ago, str0m said:

Few things,

1. Don't get a "slim" version as no after market screen available atm. Slim ones have a keyring/strap hole on the back in the top corner

2. Take the battery cover off and look for any signs of rust or corrosion. A common failure is people leaving batteries in, they leak and the board is wrecked. Even if it turns on I would avoid it if there is evidence of leakage

3. Check it with a cartridge in to make sure it all starts fine. If you power it up without one in then it should go to the calendar etc. If there is no cr2032 backup battery it will flash a warning but this goes after 10 secs

4. Buy one of Saint's SD/GD Gamedrive carts, seriously....the price of games has gone mad. OK there are still quite a few "cheap" ones but if you want to experience it all then the cart is well worth it

5. Backlit screen, SO much better. The original screen is ok but you need to sit under a light, get one of the new screens. The first ones were slightly smaller and you needed a bezel to take up the gap, these are still 100% worth doing as it transforms them. The newest screen is actually larger than the original and you need to trim part of the case slightly, also they are a bit more fussy on battery voltage etc

Neo Turf Masters is great, price going up. Puzzle bobble cheap and great fun. Metal Slug 1 quite good but 2 is better as the option button fires grenades instead of simply swapping weapons. Sonic also good.

They are region free and if you only want loose carts (get the GD cart!) then you could buy Euro/US ones

Great, thanks. I don't believe in modding systems, so the slim version is the one I am getting if I can find one. Everything I find, if I find anything, will be in good condition, as the old game stores here are very good about that sort of thing, as they won't sell anything that does not work unless it's in the junk bin.

• Like 1

It's only 1-2mm slimmer or something so not a big difference..... The smaller backlit screen requires no modifications to the NGPC so is 100% reversible and it means you can actually play it without sitting under a desk light. Was just a pointer to the battery issues as they are common so still worth a look, take the batteries out if they pass it to you working.

• Like 1