IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

9 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

Honestly, if you wanna buy bootlegs there's an AliExpress shop that does good work and you can get any title you want made.  I picked up an MVS copy of Samurai Showdown 5 Perfect in a translucent red cart shell with a soft case and printed insert for like $80 shipped to the US.  (He makes AES carts too).  I'm not advocating piracy in any way, shape or form but those "licensed" fakes are highway robbery.  SNK didn't even charge that much.  And SSV Perfect never had a Neo Geo release anyway so I don't feel bad about buying it.

I'm very tempted by that. Like you say it didn't come out officially so this is the closest you can get.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

No matter how i look at it, the new releases of Visco games are a positive thing, sure these are not from SNK (and it's not like if they were thinking of releasing new cadtridges, let alone third party ones!), but they are the next best thing, licensed Visco games... just a bit too expensive... but still way cheaper than the original releases nowadays (when there's actually a release!)

About Mark of the Wolves, i can't really give you an explanation, but i can tell you that in fighting games, often, the order in which you fight another fighters is preset instead of random, so each fighter has a few sets of adversaries and ideally these sets would be picked randomly (or who you pick as your first adversary if given the option)  but it wouldn't surptise me that under the same conditions (same character, same options, etc), the first time you play you fight a set of characters, the second time another set of fighters, the third time a third set of characters and once you turn off the console, you go back to the first set, second set, etc.  This might have something to do with what you are commenting... or it's just a different ROM (like maybe SNK changed something between the MVS and AES releases) or some wonky behaviour from the Darksoft cartridge! ?

I do wonder how much it costs to make a Neo Geo AES cart currently. From what I understand, they are quite expensive to manufacture the actual carts, which might be why these rereleases are so expensive. Still, go find AES versions of any of the games that actually have AES versions and they are probably considerably more expensive than these are. As long as the cart quality is good and won't potentially damage my hardware, and that's for any system, not just the Neo Geo, I'll buy any official reissues that I feel are worth it. See what I got just yesterday?

Pic_0331_629.thumb.jpg.89f569888df3d498c325d9f28e6d0686.jpg

Pic_0331_628.thumb.jpg.7dcb83e44e2250f32fa07015f3a94e2b.jpg

Toaplan Shooters Collector's Edition for the Genesis and PAL MD (they will work in your Japanese Mega Drive as long as the cart lock is removed or on models that don't have the cart lock at all, though). Officially licensed reissues of Truxton, Hellfire, Fire Shark, and Zero Wing, complete with the legendary terrible translation from the PAL version of Zero Wing, notes from one of the dudes who worked on these games from interviews done specifically for this release, fixed audio in Hellfire that actually works properly on Genesis and MD systems that have the YM3438 sound chip, making this unquestionably the best release of this version of the game, and with high-quality carts and PCBs designed by db Electronics. Worth it.

Anyway, I did my research about the stuff in Garou: Mark of the Wolves and I didn't see anything about this. I also played the ACA NEOGEO release to see what happens and it's the same as the Darksoft cart. The real AES cart doesn't actually cycle through the various fighters, either; the first time I played the real cart, it gave me Dong Hwan first and then someone else next (Jenet, I think), but then the next day I plugged it in and got Hotaru first that time. No idea what's up with this, as like you said, it wouldn't be strange for it to cycle through several presets without turning the power off, but it seems to give me some variation on what each set is every time I turn the power on. I actually really like it this way! Hopefully it's not a bootleg, but I got it from Super Potato and I'm assuming that Super Potato should easily be able to identify a bootleg, so I have good reason to believe that it's real. Does anyone here have an AES copy of this game to verify? It wouldn't surprise me if I have a separate later AES-specific revision of the game that is not included in the Darksoft cart's ROM pack, as it specifically says "MVS/AES early revision" on one ROM and just "MVS" on the other, but it also wouldn't surprise me if the Darksoft cart was being stupid again since it does still have a few problems, most notably the graphical artifacts in basically every game.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, aduffy1976 said:

Sorry guys I could not resist getting this awesome Terry figure I don’t even own a Switch ??

Oh wow! :-o

We can see why Allan. Terry looks great next to the rest of your Fatal Fury goodies bro. They all look fantastic. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

First of 11 Samurai Shodown 64 beta gameplay videos is live! Help me spot differences on this rare find :) https://youtu.be/6pixjsEceYQ

#RETROGAMING #retrogamer #SNK #NeoGeo #SamuraiShodown #samuraispirits #fightinggames #fightinggamecommunity #arcadegame #videogames #gaming

And the video.

From the description,

"Now what do we have here? A rusty hulk of a door stop? A pretty paperweight? An extremely rare prototype? Or a retail rom on a strange cartridge? Well...it's a prototype / beta of the retail release of Samurai Shodown 64. Presumably it's from the AOU 1997 show / location test phase of the game. It has a lot of differences in the colors, art, camera and heads up display. But it's still an awesome 3D fighting game...that's for sure! and it's not every day you find a Neo Geo prototype. This is gameplay from Haohmaru. The other ten characters will come in the next ten Thursdays

Anthony..

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Windjammers is on sale on the US Switch eshop. Not sure about other regions or how good the emulation is, but if you want handheld Windjammers, it's cheap now.

Good to know Steve. I'll take a look at it right now on the eshop.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【本日より配布開始!】 2021年4月中にSNKオンラインショップでご購入をされた方に、先着1,000名様限定で「4月カレンダー付きオリジナルビジュアルカード」をプレゼント

今月は、#ワールドヒーローズ シリーズのステージ画像です♪ ★詳しくはコチラ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=339

#SNK #ワーヒー
Translated from Japanese by

[Distribution starts today! ] Customers who purchase at the SNK online shop during April 2021 will receive an "original visual card with an April calendar" for the first 1,000 people only.

This month is,#ワールドヒーローズ It is a stage image of the series ♪ ★ Click here for details ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=339

#SNK#ワーヒー

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

\4月 #SNK キャラ誕生祭を開催

/ このアカウントをフォロー&「#4月SNKキャラ誕生祭」を入れてツイート or リツイート!(両方でもOK♪) 抽選で6名様に、豪華賞品が当たります

▼詳しくはコチラ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=338

更にSNKオンラインショップでは、4月の特別ノベルティを配布中

\ April #SNK Held a character birthday festival

/ Follow this account & "#4月SNKキャラ誕生祭 Tweet or retweet! (Both are OK ♪ ) 6 people will win a luxurious prize by lottery

▼ Click here for details https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=338

In addition, the SNK online shop is distributing special novelties for April.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

早いもので、今日から4月ですね。 4月の初日は、江坂の満開の桜でスタートです

#SNK #江坂 #桜

#マーピー

It's early, and it's April from today. The first day of April starts with the cherry blossoms in full bloom in Esaka

#SNK#江坂#桜

#マーピー

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

FUN FACT: "Band of Fighters" was an actual event held at #NeoGeo World in Japan in 1996. The show featured audio-animatronic versions of all 5 characters singing and performing songs. In addition to the robots, live actors also performed at several occasions and events. #snk

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

ウィキさんより↓ 『バンド・オブ・ファイターズ (Band of Fighters) - SNKプレイモアの対戦型格闘ゲーム『ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ』のキャラクターによるバンド。』 懐かしい

From Wiki ↓ "Band of Fighters-A band of characters from SNK Playmore's fighting game" The King of Fighters ". 』\ Nostalgic

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 SNK dev for [KOF XV] shares their thoughts on KING. The character designer for KING goes a bit in-depth on his design process! >Character Trailer #12 (4K) https://youtu.be/Lqtjq0Pr1-4

#SNK #KOF #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■ノベルティ情報■ お待たせしました

8,800円(税込み)以上お買い物・ご飲食でプレゼント中のミニパブミラーが少量ですが再入荷致しました

3,300円以上でもらえるコースターも、ちょっと少なくなってきました

お近くにお腰の際は、休憩ついでに是非お越しください

#八神庵BAR #akibaTVG #INDOR

■ Novelty information ■ Sorry I made you wait

A small amount of mini pub mirrors as gifts for shopping, eating and drinking over 8,800 yen (tax included) are back in stock.

The number of coasters that can be obtained for 3,300 yen or more has decreased a little.

If you are near your waist, please come along with a break.

#八神庵BAR#akibaTVG#INDOR

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

■商品情報■ 新商品の「レコードコースター」が遂に入荷しました

盤面のギザギザがコースターを忠実に再現しているこだわりアイテムです

店頭見本もありますのでお近くでご覧下さい

#八神庵BAR #akibaTVG #八神庵 #SNK #INDOR

■ Product information ■ The new product "Record Coaster" has finally arrived

It is a discerning item that faithfully reproduces the coaster with the jagged surface of the board

There is also a store sample, so please have a look near you.

#八神庵BAR#akibaTVG#八神庵#SNK#INDOR

Anthony..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, retrorussell said:

New Neo shirt next to my cabinet.

Oh wow! Nice looking shirt to match your excellent Big Red MVS cabinet Russ. They match perfectly. Now this shirt looks even better. Styling and profiling as usual bro. Thank you for sharing tis with us. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Here' the latest newsletter from NGDEVTEAM.

https://www.facebook.com/ngdevteam

Dear customers,
welcome to the official opening of our new online sales shop.
A few hundred Gunlord X RE and LE for Nintendo Switch are left.
We also have a few "used" Condition B LE in stock. We make them available after the new ones are sold through.
Limited to 2 units per order until 6. April. Multiple orders are allowed.
Shipping to the USA seems to be faster again with 2-4 weeks.
For UK we unfortunately still have a minimum order value of ~135 GBP.
Details can be found in the shipping policy.
------------------- old shop -------------------
This is one of the last times we use this newsletter for Switch related news.
The last time will be for the announcement of our next Switch game.
After that the old newsletter will be only for NEOGEO until we shipped all open NEOGEO orders.
Then this newsletter will be retired for good. The new shop has it's own newsletter and a news blog.
For open NEOGEO orders we made the old shop available here:
It will stay open until we shipped all open orders.
Best regards,
NGDEV
May be an anime-style image of text that says 'Welcome Search store Login openin Sign cick NG-DẸV direct Home Cart Catalog Welcome to our new store News NGDEV-direct This the official direct sales shop for all NGDEV gamos and merchandise, We develop games for both logacy platforms lke NEOGEO and modem platfors Nintendo Switch nd PS4. Featured collection LIMITED EDITION Gunlord X (NSW) [used] CUNLETOX Gunlord x Limited Edition (NSW)'

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member NeoTurboManic continuing with part 6 of his Neo-Geo instruction manuals. AWESOME!!  Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Here is the 6th edition of the Neo Geo instruction manuals viewing. We will look at manuals for 5 Neo Geo AES titles. Enjoy! Click below for the previous videos in this series."

Anthony..

• Like 1