IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

We will begin taking orders for @avramce
. It will be a product on our site with several color choices. These have been modified for printing without supports they have some slight differences namely two tone tops. They will work with no user postprocessing.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにてNintendo Switchによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ #週末大会 https://twitter.com/vsnetinfo/status/1422453257603977216 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6607

Translated from Japanese by

Quote Tweet

icon_normal.gif

週末大会INFO

@vsnetinfo
· Aug 3
週末大会情報局: 第50回 サムスピ週末大会 on Switch 開催告知 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6607 #サムスピ #サムライスピリッツ #NintendoSwitch #週末大会

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにてXbox Series X | Sによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ #週末大会 https://twitter.com/vsnetinfo/status/1422460845204721670 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6610

Quote Tweet

icon_normal.gif

週末大会INFO

@vsnetinfo
· Aug 3
週末大会情報局: 第20回 サムスピ週末大会 on Xbox 開催告知 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6610 #サムスピ #サムライスピリッツ #XboxSeriesX #XboxSeriesS #週末大会

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにて大会が開催されます。ぜひご観戦ください! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ #週末大会 https://twitter.com/vsnetinfo/status/1422758603912409089 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6618

Quote Tweet

icon_normal.gif

週末大会INFO

@vsnetinfo
· Aug 3
週末大会情報局: 第103回 サムスピ週末大会 開催告知 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6618 #サムスピ #サムライスピリッツ #週末大会

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにてパーティープレイの大会が開催されます。ぜひご観戦ください! #SNK #KOF14

[Notice] A party play tournament will be held online. Please watch the game! #SNK#KOF14

Anthony..

• Quick question. If I were to buy an official USA Neo Geo MVS bios and put it into my AES console would the games run in home console mode, or would they still be stuck in arcade mode with a credit button?

I'm looking to revert one of my two AES systems back to stock so I can play games with the exact home console dip switch settings for a challenge. Unibios 2.3 often handles the credits wrong and gives you more by default than the real home system did.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheGameCollector said:
  • Quick question. If I were to buy an official USA Neo Geo MVS bios and put it into my AES console would the games run in home console mode, or would they still be stuck in arcade mode with a credit button?

I'm looking to revert one of my two AES systems back to stock so I can play games with the exact home console dip switch settings for a challenge. Unibios 2.3 often handles the credits wrong and gives you more by default than the real home system did.

Hi TGC,

Glad to have you on with us and stopping by to post bro. I found the official Homepage of the Unibios that I think this will be helpful for you with your question. Since Razoola did this, he's the main fella that knows it all bro.

http://unibios.free.fr/index.html

Let us know if you need further assistance. Our Neo-Geo tech guys and help you and I can ask them to come by to answer your concerns further. :)

Anthony..

7 hours ago, evilevoix said:

Alright!!! evile is back! What's new with you bro? Hope all is well with family and friends during these hectic times. Great to see you back. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

WOW!!!:-o

What an amazing and extensive collection of Neo-Geo goodies you have in these pics evile. Thank you for sharing your uptodate photos of it and still have fun playing the Neo-Geo after all these years. I love that "Big Red" MVS unit that you have looks so perfect for its age and your MVS games to play in the boxes bro.

Now I'm also loving your beautiful AES collection. A boxed Gold System and just look at that shelf full of AES just waiting to be played. Looks so nice and organized to see them in order to easily select a game to be played. 

Oh! The NGGD top loader, and the CDZ in the collection as well. A superb choice to have in the collection and great choices of games for it as well.

NICE!! You have the cushioned Neo-Geo traveling case, I always wanted that in the collection and have it as a game room piece. Wonderful to see this evile. I want that. :D

I'm going in the forum status update section and tell the others to stop by to see your collection. They will be glad to see this from you evile. Thank you for posting your beautiful collection with us bro. This made my day, and we look forward to see you again soon. :)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Dale of Evil Gods Stage 1 is just so amazingly done. I use to use my imagination growing up as a boy pretending to be Elta from Magician Lord and saving the land with the satage theme Leeroy. :)

Also Leeroy, one of our Neo-Geo thread contributors was kind to take a music request for me regarding it. His name is CelestiC. Just so cool. :)

Anthony..

it's good, but loses the tension and caution/horror tone with the heavy guitar but that is done well.

A remake would be interesting but SNKs output has been lifted for the last...20 years so so dont expect them to move far from KOF.

• Like 1

But the best ost I've heard from Neogeo is the lyrical funky song for the beach court in the basketball game DunkDream 94.

I've looked at many Neogeo games but never heard a game ever produce anything near as good and consistent. Closest would be the select theme in Zed Blade but that's a 7 second loop.

What's crazy is it's not far off from the NeogeoCD version, so it was really well done:

Shame not too many later games took advantage of the audio capabilities. Some are even worse than Magician lord and that was a launch game.

The sequel DunkDream 95 was a lone CD title but there was a cart version, but it's very rare. I'd be curious to see what they could get out of the Neo Geo for the sequel but until someone finds the game and tips the audio we may never know.

Edited by Leeroy ST

3 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi TGC,

Glad to have you on with us and stopping by to post bro. I found the official Homepage of the Unibios that I think this will be helpful for you with your question. Since Razoola did this, he's the main fella that knows it all bro.

http://unibios.free.fr/index.html

Let us know if you need further assistance. Our Neo-Geo tech guys and help you and I can ask them to come by to answer your concerns further. :)

Anthony..

Yeah this website seems to only be about the Universe Bios and how it works. It doesn't say anything about how original bios chips work.

So what I want to know is if an arcade bios will work on an AES that has a socket, and whether if it will play in console mode. If it only plays in arcade mode, then I don't want it. In this case I will need to find a burned AES bios EEPROM instead. I am trying to turn my CIB USA Gold system back into an unmodded console performance-wise. Any mods I'll just use on my loose component video/stereo audio modded system.

Edited by TheGameCollector

30 minutes ago, TheGameCollector said:

Yeah this website seems to only be about the Universe Bios and how it works. It doesn't say anything about how original bios chips work.

So what I want to know is if an arcade bios will work on an AES that has a socket, and whether if it will play in console mode. If it only plays in arcade mode, then I don't want it. In this case I will need to find a burned AES bios EEPROM instead. I am trying to turn my CIB USA Gold system back into an unmodded console performance-wise. Any mods I'll just use on my loose component video/stereo audio modded system.

Let me ask @CZroe and @mobiusstriptech to see if they can help you TGC. Those guys are pros and would be more of a helping hand for you. I'll contact them right now :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

夏季休業期間に伴う、商品発送およびサポート対応に関するお知らせを掲載いたしました。 詳細は下記URLよりご確認くださいませ。 https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=373

We have posted a notice regarding product shipping and support support due to the summer vacation period. Please check the URL below for details. https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=373

Anthony..

Hi guys,

しかし暑いと言っていたら、余計に体温が上がりそうなので… 今日はプールサイドにいると思って過ごそう、そうしよう。 #SNK #餓狼伝説 #夏

However, if you say it's hot, your body temperature is likely to rise more ... Let's spend our time thinking we're by the pool today. #SNK#餓狼伝説#夏

Anthony..

Hi guys,

みなさん、そろそろマーピーがいる生活を楽しみたくはありませんか? おうちにマーピーがいると、一緒に遊んだり、遊んだり、遊んだり… …今思えば遊んでばっかりな気はしますが、一緒にいると楽しいことは間違いなし! https://snk-onlineshop.com/category/SNK/4580015694563.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=0806_mars

#SNK #メタルスラッグ #マーピー #ぬいぐるみ

Do you want to enjoy life with Marpy soon? When I have Marpy in my house, I play with him, play with him, play with him ... ... I think I'm just playing around now, but I'm sure it's fun to be with you! https://snk-onlineshop.com/category/SNK/4580015694563.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=0806_mars

#SNK#メタルスラッグ#マーピー#ぬいぐるみ

Anthony..

8 hours ago, Leeroy ST said:

Oh wow! That's awesome you like Dunk Dream for the Neo-Geo Leeroy. Here's a little fun fact about me with this game. Back in 2001 the first CD that I ever burned was with Dunk Dream. I use to play the CD in my car on my way to school during the very end of my final year in H.S. after I received my drivers license. I still have the CD and had to have it repaired a few times because of the many scratches on it. But that CD with the soundtrack from the game is a personal treasure for me. The CD that I burned with the Dunk Dream soundtrack was by TDK. :)

Anthony..

16 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

Get the latest BIOS I have 4.0 I believe.  It does eveything. Well as far as I can tell and even helps run Slug 5 and SSV without errors.

I even sent out my MVS copy of Slug 2 to have the bios updated to reduce slowdown.  I am such a nerd!

15 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Alright!!! evile is back! What's new with you bro? Hope all is well with family and friends during these hectic times. Great to see you back. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

WOW!!!:-o

What an amazing and extensive collection of Neo-Geo goodies you have in these pics evile. Thank you for sharing your uptodate photos of it and still have fun playing the Neo-Geo after all these years. I love that "Big Red" MVS unit that you have looks so perfect for its age and your MVS games to play in the boxes bro.

Now I'm also loving your beautiful AES collection. A boxed Gold System and just look at that shelf full of AES just waiting to be played. Looks so nice and organized to see them in order to easily select a game to be played. 

Oh! The NGGD top loader, and the CDZ in the collection as well. A superb choice to have in the collection and great choices of games for it as well.

NICE!! You have the cushioned Neo-Geo traveling case, I always wanted that in the collection and have it as a game room piece. Wonderful to see this evile. I want that. :D

I'm going in the forum status update section and tell the others to stop by to see your collection. They will be glad to see this from you evile. Thank you for posting your beautiful collection with us bro. This made my day, and we look forward to see you again soon. :)

Thank you yes it has been hectic but my collection has been protected and works great.  Family is great I work from home and always on the hunt for neo.  I love this stuff.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 5:37 AM, Leeroy ST said:

Alternatively you can get cheaper Neo Geo CD games, but there's loading in some very odd or inconvenient places in many games.

Yeah, I've made the jump from CD to AES, obviously still have the CD games (running JAP disks on PAL console) but using a JAP AES now. One of the things that made me make the jump is the loading times, I tried a few games I have on CD on the AES and the lack of loading just smooths the experience out - I swear its easier to complete games too without the loading, I often 'wore out' and had to stop on the CD games after completing a few levels, where as now I can (sometimes!) go from start to finish in one sitting with the AES.

16 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

It would run in arcade mode. You'll need an official AES bios if you want console mode without the Universe Bios.

• Like 1