IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Pre-orders have started for PS5, PS4, and Xbox Series X|S digital versions! The Deluxe Edition is also available for pre-order, and contains 6 future DLC characters (2 Teams)! https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xv/index.html#products

#SNK #KOF #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Here's a rundown of special KOF XV bonuses! ●Early Purchase Bonus DLC Costume "GAROU: MotW TERRY" ●Digital Edition:Exclusive Bonus DLC Costume "CLASSIC LEONA" ●Pre-order Bonus (PS4 Digital Version only) ORIGINAL THEME https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xv/index.html#products

#SNK #KOF #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

5タイトル賞金総額3,000万円をかけて開催される「日本・サウジアラビアeスポーツマッチ」、KOF XIV部門日本代表選抜大会のエントリー締め切りは8月31日(火) 23:59です。 締切にご注意の上、ぜひご参加下さい! エントリーサイト:https://smash.gg/tournament/e-kof-xiv-jpn-sau-esports-match-qualifying/

Translated from Japanese by

The entry deadline for the KOF XIV category Japan National Team selection tournament for the "Japan-Saudi Arabia eSports Match", which will be held with a total prize of 30 million yen for 5 titles, is 23:59 on Tuesday, August 31st. Please pay attention to the deadline and join us! Entry site:https://smash.gg/tournament/e-kof-xiv-jpn-sau-esports-match-qualifying/

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 描き下ろし複製イラスト色紙を描いた、イラストレーターを紹介! SNK or KOFのロゴの写真は、お気に入りのグッズやゲーム画面など、なんでもOK! (※ただし公式のものに限ります) 皆様のご応募、お待ちしております! #SNK #KOF #KOF15

[KOF XV] Introducing an illustrator who drew a duplicate illustration of Shikishi! The SNK or KOF logo photo can be anything, such as your favorite goods or game screens! (※ However, it is limited to the official one) We will wait for the application of everybody! #SNK#KOF#KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 「KOF XV 予約開始キャンペーン」を開催! ・このアカウントをフォロー&RTで、Quoカードを20名様 ・身近にあるSNK or KOFのロゴの写真を「#KOF15予約開始!」を付けて投稿で、描き下ろし複製イラスト色紙を7名様 にプレゼント! キャンペーンは9/30(木)まで! #SNK #KOF #KOF15

[KOF XV] "KOF XV Reservation Start Campaign" will be held! ・ Follow this account & RT, 20 Quo cards ・ SNK or KOF logo photo near you #KOF15予約開始 !! By posting with "", 7 people will receive a specially drawn duplicate illustration Shikishi! Campaign until 9/30 (Thursday)! #SNK#KOF#KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @NeonPeon. Here we see Mark in action having fun playing NAM-1975. Awesome. Let's see how he does. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Let's practice at... Nam 1975! I'm attempting to compete in the high score challenge for this classic Neo Geo game on neogeoforever.com. Continuing with the style of my "Let's Practice At" streams, I'll quite possibly play this repeatedly to improve my score. The rules are: one credit only; all default settings except difficulty level must be 4 (for the MVS version). Let's see how I do!"

Anthony..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @NeonPeon. Here we see Mark in action having fun playing NAM-1975. Awesome. Let's see how he does. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Let's practice at... Nam 1975! I'm attempting to compete in the high score challenge for this classic Neo Geo game on neogeoforever.com. Continuing with the style of my "Let's Practice At" streams, I'll quite possibly play this repeatedly to improve my score. The rules are: one credit only; all default settings except difficulty level must be 4 (for the MVS version). Let's see how I do!"

Thanks for the plug Anthony! What a game Nam 1975 is - it's intense and high pressure from the get-go and rarely lets up. ?

Edited by NeonPeon
fixed typo
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 11:45 PM, TheGameCollector said:

Actually it looks like the difficulty settings in the bios do work in AES mode. In Blue's Journey non difficulty menu version with unlimited continues, you can both affect the difficulty and amount of continues to a point. Difficulty 4 has 2 hearts. Difficulty 1 still only has 2 hearts but gives you 300 seconds to clear a level. Difficulty 2 gives you 280 seconds to clear a level. Difficulty 8 only gives you 1 heart and even less than 200 seconds to clear a level.

In the other version with the difficulty menu, selecting hard mode is the only one that gives you just 1 heart to start with. That means you can't get hit and survive!

In the unlimited continues version, I was also able to decrease the amount of continues you have. While the counter that shows remaining amount of continues never appears, setting it to 3 continues made it so I got a game over after my 3rd attempt of using a continue.

Hopefully people aren't too confused, because it's actually not too complicated...

Some of the earlier games had more than one revision: Roms that are meant for the AES mode (difficulty select, limited continues) but then later revisions are basically the MVS rom in an AES cart (no in-game options, unlimited continues).

Whether or not dip settings impact the AES mode depends on the game; For most games the soft dips don't affect AES mode, but there are a few exceptions. A well-known example is the Metal Slug games (except for the first one). In the MS games, turning on the blood display in the soft dips will turn on the blood in AES mode. I always do this, and I cringe whenever I watch people's videos where they didn't.

One more thing... The default settings should be dependent on the game, not your bios. If you are getting weird settings, your game may be dirty, something was already saved to the backup ram, or you're using a bootleg multicart.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Player One Start continuing with part II on the history of the Neo-Geo. Here we see him discussing about the Neo-Geo family. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"In this video, take a look at the development of the Neo Geo MVS (Mutli-Video System) in the arcade. The look at the Neo Geo AES (Advanced Entertainment System) for the home. The Neo Geo CD was a late addition to the Neo Geo lineup. Neo Geo is actually a family of systems that share common hardware, which is something that has not been seen before or since. Let's take a look!"

Anthony..

• Like 1

What are your guys opinions on "The Super Spy" and "Crossed Swords"? Heard mixed opinions on both, these are the only major First Person action games on the system not sports as far as I am aware.

I heard Crossed Swords tries to be an rpg in arcade style, but it's more of an action game with rpg skin.

Heard very little about Super Spy other than part of it can be somewhat like an FPS, but that it's mostly a brawler.

• Like 1

They're both solid enough, but limited, they're very very well crafted to bleed your quarters dry.  It would take a LOT of practice to figure out every enemy types tell to not take a hit while doing some combat.  That problem aside, they're good, but because of it they also get kind of repetitive and tiresome credit feeding the games.  CS2 which only hit the CD unit has some character choices and leveling up/buying RPG mechanics that works far far better.  That too got converted by Razoola to MVS format using the CS1 music tracks and I have that, it's superior to both (as I have CS1 on the 161 and I own The Super Spy.)

Think of Super Spy as a first person brawler/knife fight in a confined space as you rarely shoot as ammo/guns are more of a bonus so they're scarce.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Leeroy ST said:

What are your guys opinions on "The Super Spy" and "Crossed Swords"? Heard mixed opinions on both, these are the only major First Person action games on the system not sports as far as I am aware.

I heard Crossed Swords tries to be an rpg in arcade style, but it's more of an action game with rpg skin.

Heard very little about Super Spy other than part of it can be somewhat like an FPS, but that it's mostly a brawler.

Hi Leeroy.

@Tanooki said it best on Crossed Swords and I can vouch on it though. :)

As for The Super Spy. I do have fond memories playing it all the time as a boy. It was really amazing as a 7 year old  growing up playing a game that give you that first person perspective. I never saw anything like it before. But it does play like a brawler in which the vast majority of time you'll be punching, kicking, or stabbing your enemies. It does get repetitive, and somewhat irritating. I do have to admit as I gotten older, I use to sigh sometimes after doing the same actions constantly, but never to the point of purposely losing because of frustration.  Overall, it's a fun game that's worth trying out. I think you'll enjoy it considering what it offers. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Details behind TEAM HERO's story have now been revealed! Find out how SHUN’EI, MEITENKUN, BENIMARU teamed up to take on this KOF! https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xv/teams/

#SNK #KOF #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

ネオジオポケットカラーの傑作タイトルを10作品収録! Nintendo Switchパッケージ版『NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1』好評発売中! 全国のゲームショップや家電量販店、SNKオンラインショップでお買い求めください! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ngpcs-vol1/

#SNK #NEOGEO #ネオポケ

Includes 10 masterpiece titles of Neo Geo Pocket Color! Nintendo Switch package version "NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1" is now on sale! Please purchase at game shops, consumer electronics mass retailers, and SNK online shops nationwide! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ngpcs-vol1/

#SNK#NEOGEO#ネオポケ

Anthony..

Hi guys,

幻の作品『サムライスピリッツ零SPECIAL 完全版』が2022年に全国のゲームセンターで稼働開始。 当時はリリースするまで至らなかった幻の名作が、18年の歳月を経て蘇る! #サムスピ https://famitsu.com/news/202108/27231695.html

The phantom work "Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL Complete Edition" will start operation at game centers nationwide in 2022. A phantom masterpiece that wasn't released at that time will be revived after 18 years! #サムスピ https://famitsu.com/news/202108/27231695.html

The phantom work "Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL Complete Edition" will start operation at game centers nationwide in 2022 after 18 years!
 2021.08.27 12:00
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

It was announced that  " Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL Complete Edition " will be released at game centers nationwide in 2022.

advertisement

This work is based on " Samurai Spirits Zero " and was produced as a tune-up title of " Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL " with various systems added and balance adjustments . The production side, the balance of difficulty, and the long-awaited story and demoscene of each character have been added from the previous work, but unfortunately it is a phantom title that was not released at that time.

After 18 years, such a work will appear in arcades all over the world. Details such as working days will be announced one by one, so stay tuned for more information!

The release is quoted below

The original Japanese-style swashbuckler fighting game series participates in exA-Arcadia! "Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL Complete Edition" will start operation in 2022!

Show Me Holdings will release a phantom work "Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL Complete Edition" from SNK at "exA-Arcadia" in 2022, which can be said to be the true NEOGEO final work.

The phantom work "Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL Complete Edition" will be released at game centers nationwide in 2022 after 18 years!

Since the release of the first work of  " Samurai Spirits " in 1993, it has created a unique pure Japanese world view at that time, gained popularity not only in Japan but also in North America and Europe, and is enthusiastic all over the world. It is a popular series that has produced many fans. From the first generation to today, more than 10 titles of sequels and derivative works have been born, but among them, this work adds various systems and adjusts the balance based on " ~ Zero " which is the fifth NEOGEO work of Samurai Spirits. It was created as a tune-up title for the 6th series " ~ Zero SPECIAL ". From the previous work, we have added a more enhanced production aspect, a balance of difficulty, and the long-awaited story and demoscene of each character, so that you can deeply embrace the world view. Unfortunately, it wasn't released at that time, but it was possible to make a one-shot reversal, "the mystery of death" and "the state of nothingness", single play that became easier to play, the battle balance that is still loved, and the last boss of the series work. It is a complete director's cut with a total of 28 player characters including all.

This work, which is too regrettable to be a phantom title, will finally be delivered to game centers around the world after a long period of 18 years. In addition, details including product contents and working days will be announced one by one, so please look forward to it.

About SNK

A Japanese game maker headquartered in Osaka. He owns many popular contents such as "Samurai Spirits", " THE KING OF FIGHTERS ", and " METAL SLUG ". We provide entertainment to the world through console games and mobile games.

exA-Arcadia system board

[Features of the new platform exA-Arcadia system board]

• No "pay-as-you-go" using networks, etc.
  • High-spec JVS standard general-purpose system board
  • Up to 4 games can be run simultaneously in one video game chassis
  • Supports screen output on LCD monitors and CRT monitors
  • Compatible with 31kHz monitor (Screen output to 15kHz monitor is not supported)

More than 25 titles have been announced, and the industry-leading exA-Arcadia dedicated software as a provider of amusement content is already developing more than 50 titles.

About exA-Arcadia

exA-Arcadia PTE LTD is developing a revolutionary exA-Arcadia platform. With the LBE (Location Based Entertainment) industry in mind during development, we work with developers and operators around the world to provide revenue performance and new business opportunities. In Japan, Show Me Holdings sells exA-Arcadia hardware and software nationwide.

Antony..

Hi guys,

Xeno Crisis Neo Geo production latest: AES / MVS PCBs are all flashed and MVS carts are all assembled; AES will be this coming week. Neo Geo CDs have arrived and spine cards just need to be added and cellophane wrapping. Getting closer by the day - thanks for your patience!

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 「KOF XV 予約開始キャンペーン」を開催! ・このアカウントをフォロー&RTで、Quoカードを20名様 ・身近にあるSNK or KOFのロゴの写真を「#KOF15予約開始!」を付けて投稿で、描き下ろし複製イラスト色紙を7名様 にプレゼント! キャンペーンは9/30(木)まで! #SNK #KOF #KOF15

[KOF XV] "KOF XV Reservation Start Campaign" will be held! ・ Follow this account & RT, 20 Quo cards ・ SNK or KOF logo photo near you #KOF15予約開始 !! By posting with "", 7 people will receive a specially drawn duplicate illustration Shikishi! Campaign until 9/30 (Thursday)! #SNK#KOF#KOF15

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 株式会社SNKと「ゲーム著作物の利用に関する包括契約」を締結いたしました。 今後、SNK作品を利用したライブ配信および、収益を目的とした配信が可能となります。 ▼詳細はコチラ▼ https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000138.000055920.html

【Notification】 We have signed a "Comprehensive Contract for the Use of Game Copyrights" with SNK Corporation. In the future, live distribution using SNK works and distribution for the purpose of profit will be possible. ▼ Click here for details ▼ https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000138.000055920.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

『THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV』SNKオンラインショップ 購入者キャンペーンが11/30まで開催中! 期間中にSNKオンラインショップで『THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV』を予約購入すると、「ミニキャンバスボード(非売品)」を抽選で30名様にプレゼント♪ ★詳細はコチラ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=374

#KOFXV #SNK

"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV" SNK online shop purchaser campaign is being held until November 30! If you pre-purchase "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV" at the SNK online shop during the period, 30 people will be given a "mini canvas board (not for sale)" by lottery.♪ ★ Click here for details ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=374

#KOFXV#SNK

Anthony..

On 8/28/2021 at 12:19 PM, DJ Clae said:

Hopefully people aren't too confused, because it's actually not too complicated...

Some of the earlier games had more than one revision: Roms that are meant for the AES mode (difficulty select, limited continues) but then later revisions are basically the MVS rom in an AES cart (no in-game options, unlimited continues).

Whether or not dip settings impact the AES mode depends on the game; For most games the soft dips don't affect AES mode, but there are a few exceptions. A well-known example is the Metal Slug games (except for the first one). In the MS games, turning on the blood display in the soft dips will turn on the blood in AES mode. I always do this, and I cringe whenever I watch people's videos where they didn't.

One more thing... The default settings should be dependent on the game, not your bios. If you are getting weird settings, your game may be dirty, something was already saved to the backup ram, or you're using a bootleg multicart.

In my case, I have few legit carts. I am mostly running games on the Neo SD Pro for AES as well as MVS. The roms I converted to the .neo format with the program were all scanned from a MAME set. While it has some AES versions of the roms included, some such as Blue's Journey are missing from the set. I heard that it has been dumped but may not have been made publicly available like the rest. I'm guessing if it ever were added to MAME it would probably be called "bjourneya" with "a" meaning alternate.

I've only bought games that were either on the cheaper side for Neo Geo or are favorites that I was willing to spend a couple hundred on. Sometimes I like to collect a set of just games that I've beaten before. Blue's Journey belongs to all three of those categories so I bought both AES versions, an MVS cart and a Raguy for Neo Geo CD.

I ended up getting the cheapest version of a consolized MVS - the MV1C from Timeharvest on Aliexpress. It comes with a different sized bios chip than any other Neo Geo (smaller)  but somehow Timeharvest flashed the original Toshiba bios chip with their own Unibios 3.2 that displays the Timeharvest name on bootup. It is the same as a normal 3.2 bios except it does not have the option to change softdip settings like all my other Unibios versions for my AES (2.3 and 4.0). Thankfully on the Neo SD Pro, you can change the softdip settings there from the menu so if I want to set a frustrating fighting game to easy mode so I can play in a more relaxed mood, I just have to highlight a game on the list, press start, go to soft dips and adjust the difficulty level.

If I want to play my original MVS cartridges, my Timeharvest CMVS is only going to allow me to play at difficulty 4, but I can still choose the region and choose between AES and MVS mode. Most legit MVS cartridges will behave properly in AES mode with a difficulty menu and limited continues, but again Blue's Journey is one of those black sheep where you have to to actually have the first version of the AES cartridge for it to play in true AES mode. Most games like the fighting games will actually allow me to select Easy in AES mode if desired, but I will be limited to 3 continues. If I play in MVS mode I can push select for as many credits as I want, but difficulty 4 will be my only choice. (Unless... do those hard dip switches numbered 1 to 8 inside the system in the blue box on the motherboard change difficulty? Is that what those are there for? All 8 of them are in the up position currently.)

The Neo Geo CD version of Blue's Journey on the other hand is a different beast altogether. It has both the difficulty selection menu and unlimited continues. It seems to be the only version that is like this where you can start with three hearts and play as carelessly as you want until you reach the ending, apart from running the first AES cart with the unlimited continues cheat on. On the plus side it also has the enhanced CD audio and loads quickly compared to most games. Even more quickly if you put it on a Neo SD Pro.