IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

3 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I think Michael of Neo Homebrew should consider making a series of videos on programming for the Neo Geo. However, he may want to team up with someone who may not have his knowledge of how the system works, but knows how to pace a video and instruct.

That's sounds like a good idea Shane. Maybe Mike would be up to it. If you like, he's also on Twitter for those to contact him. 

Opens profile photoNeoHomeBrew @NeoHomeBrew

Arcade Game Development for #NeoGeo MVS / AES / CD systems. Here I am posting news about my projects. Downloads available at: http://patreon.com/nhb

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

@SlidellMan @Reaperman @retrorussell @GoldLeader @ColecoGamer @neogeo1982 @NeoPancho @roots.genoa @Serguei2 @Tanooki @128Kgames@Steril707 @Darrin9999 @SpicedUp!

Oh wow! Looks like Michael at NeoHomeBrew's new game will be in a Pinball style version. 

From the description,

"This Neo Geo Pinball game demo shows collision detection, reflection and acceleration of a ball against two flippers. Could be a base for a pinball game development in the future. Runs on the Neo Geo MVS / AES system and has been programmed with the NeoBitz C-Dev Kit and HPMAN's DATlib" 

Here's the physics being done for the game to show. 

From the description,

"A Bouncing Ball Demo on Neo Geo MVS / AES which calculates collisions of a ball against slanted walls by using a 2D vector reflection algoritm. I also added a gravity factor and friction (which can be turned on/off separately). Made with the NeoBitz C-Dev Kit by Jeff Kurtz and the DATlib graphics library by HPMAN.

Anthony..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

Got to love the 3 demos, specially the pinball!. I would love to see something like Alien Crush for the NeoGeo... i think there were some videos of the prototype of an unreleased similar game 😔. Michael did a wonderful job with Hypernoids, so if we are a bit lucky, maybe...

I agree Pancho. Michael from NeoHomeBrew really puts 100% dedication into his works. Were really glad to have him in the community and always tells me thank you for all the members here on the Neo-Geo thread that support and purchase his Hypernoid game and all his material that he shares. 

Oooh Alien Crush. Good choice to mention that title bro. Perhaps that one day that will become a relaity. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Oh yeah! Look what arrived today:

Now I need to find a decently priced MVS version!

Oh wow! What a pickup this is with NAM-1975 Mike. I actually don't have this for the NGCD. I wonder why seeing I thought I did...Oh well. Anyway, great purchase Mike. Hope it will give you many years of enjoyment bro. :)

Anthony..

3 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Now, for one of my favorite games on the Neo Geo:

I remember playing this at Lakeside Mall back in '97-'98.

Ah, a superb choice with Neo Bomberman Slidell. I really use to enjoy the soundtrack to this game and it's a shame this wasn't offered officially for the AES. I would've purchased it in a heartbeat. I remember playing this on launch date with my brother. I miss those days for sure. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 12:01 AM, SlidellMan said:

Oxygene's Neo Geo 3D demo:

Oh my! This really is amazing Slidell. Here I am thinking I'm going though everything Neo-Geo on YouTube, and I never seen this before until you shared this with us. I have to say, I'm truly impressed seeing 3D Vector on the Neo-Geo CD. WOW! Now this really is an eye opener and wonder what else can we do with the Neo-Geo for sure. 

I wonder if the developer would be interested on uploading another version of it. Thank you for sharing this with us Slidell. This really is something else to see and learn of it bro. :thumbsup: :).

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, awbacon said:

its 1945 time @Charlie Cat

Now this game is truly wild VGE. I mean, this has so much fast paced action for a Neo-Geo shooter that me and my brother use to spend so much in tokens playing with Strikers 1945 Plus. Too bad it never came to be on the AES. Thank you as always for sharing your Neo-Geo works with us bro. Always a pleasure to see them from you. :)

Anthony...

20 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Oh my! This really is amazing Slidell. Here I am thinking I'm going though everything Neo-Geo on YouTube, and i never seen this before until you shared this with us. I have to say, I'm truly impressed seeing 3D Vector on the Neo-Geo CD. WOW! Now this really is an eye openers and wonder what else can we do with the Neo-Geo for sure. 

I wonder if the developer would be interested on uploading another version of it. Thank you for sharing this with us Slidell. This really is something else to see and learn of it bro. :thumbsup: :).

Anthony..

Be sure to show that demo to Alec when you get the chance.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 11:51 PM, Charlie Cat said:

@SlidellMan @Reaperman @retrorussell @GoldLeader @ColecoGamer @neogeo1982 @NeoPancho @roots.genoa @Serguei2 @Tanooki @128Kgames@Steril707 @Darrin9999 @SpicedUp!

Oh wow! Looks like Michael at NeoHomeBrew's new game will be in a Pinball style version. 

From the description,

"This Neo Geo Pinball game demo shows collision detection, reflection and acceleration of a ball against two flippers. Could be a base for a pinball game development in the future. Runs on the Neo Geo MVS / AES system and has been programmed with the NeoBitz C-Dev Kit and HPMAN's DATlib" 

Here's the physics being done for the game to show. 

From the description,

"A Bouncing Ball Demo on Neo Geo MVS / AES which calculates collisions of a ball against slanted walls by using a 2D vector reflection algoritm. I also added a gravity factor and friction (which can be turned on/off separately). Made with the NeoBitz C-Dev Kit by Jeff Kurtz and the DATlib graphics library by HPMAN.

Anthony..

I love video pinball games! Would be amazing to see him flesh this out to be a full game with the game graphics style as hyoernoid!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mx5dob said:

3d on the neo! My mind is blown! Wonder to what extent this could be used in a game. Did any neo games feature any sort of simple 3d polygons?

Usually this kind of stuff runs on the NeoCD, where you have RAM to write stuff into dynamically to show off on the screen.

In that sense the NeoCD is a lot more flexible than the standard system. But well, we know about the loading times.. ;)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

@ColecoGamer @Darrin9999 @SlidellMan @Reaperman @Mx5dob @NeoPancho

The second patch of The Eye of Typhoon is now available to pre-order. Please head over to Discord and be ask to be listed to reserve a copy to remit payment for either an MVS or AES copy for those that are interested folks. ;-)

Only 50 will be offered for the AES and 20 for the MVS Prices are in Euros.

400€ for AES and 300€ MVS

Here's the links

For The Eye of Typhoon page.

https://discord.com/channels/764855848266629140/863324801010892841

Contact also Johnny16bit or OzzyOuzo for direct message to be added just in case.

For Johnny16bit

https://discord.com/channels/@me/1059443558823772281

For Ozzy Ouzo

https://discord.com/channels/@me/1029314658038988800

Anthony...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

@ColecoGamer @Darrin9999 @SlidellMan @Reaperman @Mx5dob @NeoPancho

The second patch of The Eye of Typhoon is now available to pre-order. Please head over to Discord and be ask to be listed to reserve a copy to remit payment for either an MVS or AES copy for those that are interested folks. ;-)

Only 50 will be offered for the AES and 20 for the MVS Prices are in Euros.

400€ for AES and 300€ MVS

Here's the links

For The Eye of Typhoon page.

https://discord.com/channels/764855848266629140/863324801010892841

Contact also Johnny16bit or OzzyOuzo for direct message to be added just in case.

For Johnny16bit

https://discord.com/channels/@me/1059443558823772281

For Ozzy Ouzo

https://discord.com/channels/@me/1029314658038988800

Anthony...

The links to the Discord are not working. I REALLY want an MVS cartridge!

Why can’t they use a website or Social Media to take orders? Not a fan of this Discord stuff.

Edited by ColecoGamer

On 10/13/2021 at 7:43 PM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

This evening, were back with John Hancock doing a great unboxing video of Xeno Crisis. Nice one John. Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

From the description,

"Xeno Crisis was a successful kickstarter and is now even being offered on Neo Geo AES, MVS, and CD formats!. This arcade shooter takes inspiration from several classics with pop culture references. Also available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Microsoft Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Sega Dreamcast, Evercade"

Anthony..

I've been playing this classic on the evercade! It is an absolute blast!

-Aaron

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

The links to the Discord are not working. I REALLY want an MVS cartridge!

Why can’t they use a website or Social Media to take orders? Not a fan of this Discord stuff.

Mike,

Sorry if the links aren't working. Are you a member on Discord? How about going on Discord and look up OzzyOuzo, Johnny16bit and The Eye of Typhoon by manually typing it in to search for them. That's how it work for me in the beginning. 

Anthony..