IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

SNK NEO GEO AES 3D Framiorama  This miniaturized Neo Geo with 2 joysticks and 8 of the best games on the system have been beautifully framed for you  #neogeo #neogeoaes #retrogaming

Anthony..

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Oh man! That's incredible. Glad that you done so. Plus you add Last Blade 2 with your purchase is even better. Well done Mass. Hope they bring you many years of enjoyment. :)

Anthony..

it's been sweet since I'm far enough ahead to collect neo geo stuff again (fortunately when i had to sell my old collection I kept 5 really expensive games US matrimelee, US sengoku 3, Aero fighters 2, sonic wings 3 and Euro ANdro Dunos

but yeah, I say last blade 2 is the BEST looking fighting and one of the best playing too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, masschamber said:

it's been sweet since I'm far enough ahead to collect neo geo stuff again (fortunately when i had to sell my old collection I kept 5 really expensive games US matrimelee, US sengoku 3, Aero fighters 2, sonic wings 3 and Euro ANdro Dunos

but yeah, I say last blade 2 is the BEST looking fighting and one of the best playing too

Interesting to know Mass. Glad you saved those game from the old collection. All five are really fun to play. And I agree Last Blade 2 looks fantastic and the better of the two since they fix some of the quirks from the first installment bro. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【EVO Japan 2023 SNK Booth】 Haruna Ikezawa and Sarah Emi Bridcutt want to answer your questions on the upcoming talk show! Submit yours via the hashtag #KOFXV_TalkShow ! (until Mar 19th) Selected questions be answered by the two at the event. https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xv/img/news/evoj2023.pdf #KOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【안내】KOF XV 게임 대회가 개최됩니다. 많은 참가 부탁드립니다! https://tonamel.com/competition/LAbRH #SNK #KOFXV
Translated from Korean by
[Information] The KOF XV game tournament will be held. We look forward to your participation! https://tonamel.com/competition/LAbRH #SNK #KOFXV

Anthony...

Hi guys,

プレスリリースを公開しました。 『「EVO Japan 2023 presented by Rohto」 メイン7タイトルで延べ7,000 ⼈のエントリーが決定︕』 #EVOJ23 #EVOJapan2023
Translated from Japanese by
A press release has been released. "EVO Japan 2023 presented by Rohto" A total of 7,000 entries have been decided for the main 7 titles! #EVOJ23 #EVOJapan2023

Anthony..

1 hour ago, Madwindoman said:

If you contact neotropolis directly they can give you a better deal outside of eBay. Kenny is a trusted seller and does great work

So true Madwin. Kenny is such a cool guy. He currently has two of my AES consoles that he's currently repairing. :)

Anthony...

1 hour ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Back with Retro Neo Ness. Here we see more goodies to add to his Neo-Geo collection. Enjoy. :)

Anthony..

I like Retro Neo Ness. I really do. I enjoy his videos and he seems like a really nice guy. I’m just worried about him. He’s walking into stores and buying games like they’re bags of potato chips and he’s smelling neo geo games with his eyes closed and making pleasure sounds. He’s definatly got the fever and no amount of games is gonna cure it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

I like Retro Neo Ness. I really do. I enjoy his videos and he seems like a really nice guy. I’m just worried about him. He’s walking into stores and buying games like they’re bags of potato chips and he’s smelling neo geo games with his eyes closed and making pleasure sounds. He’s definatly got the fever and no amount of games is gonna cure it

Same here Madwin. I like Retro Ness too.

He's approachable, replies to your postings, and gives me permission to share his Neo-Geo material on the Neo-Geo thread for others to take notice. But the interest in Neo-Geo must be costing a fortune for today's market value on the games. 

When I purchase my AES games, it was during the global economic crisis from 2008 onward. The prices for Neo-Geo AES games were so cheap, that I figured it was the only time to do so before the global market makes a rebound. Now so many games that were a few hundred Dollars are going for a few thousand Dollars. :|

The only time that I purchase anymore Neo-Geo AES games are either 2 ways.

1. If a deal for a game that I don't have is too tempting to ignore.

2. A new independent release will be offered for the public to acquire.

Sadly, with new indie releases, the only way to purchase them cheap is when you visit a shop page from the developer. Otherwise you have flippers trying to sell them for double or triple the original price on the 2nd hand market. Shame. :(

Anthony... 

Edited by Charlie Cat

Hi guys,

【スペシャルガチャ開催】 イベント期間中、期間限定格闘家「ルガール02UM」が登場!! イベント時間:3月10日(金)5:00~3月13日(月)5:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #ルガール
[Special gacha held] During the event period, a limited-time martial artist "Rugal 02UM" will appear! ! Event time: March 10 (Friday) 5:00 to March 13 (Monday) 5:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #ルガール

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOFクイズ】 椎拳崇が大好きな肉まんがなくなりました。食ったのが誰でしょうか? その答えをコメント欄で残してください。 抽選で5名様にアイテムパックをプレゼント! 〆:3月13日0:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #クイズ
[KOF Quiz] Shii Kensou's favorite meat bun is gone. who ate it? Leave your answer in the comments. An item pack will be presented to 5 people by lottery! Deadline: March 13th 0:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #クイズ

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 KOF XVの対戦会が開催されます。 ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #KOFXV
【notice】 A KOF XV competition will be held. Please join us! #SNK #KOFXV

J3vp6oNr_mini.jpg

AMTRS|小路KOG

@kkkog
·
Feb 28
第二回!! 【六甲道 #KOF15 対戦会 開催】   / 小路KOG主催! オフライン対戦会開催! 3月11日(土)15:00〜21:00 \   フリー対戦会やミニ大会も開催します!   場 所:兵庫県神戸市「esports stage EVOLVE」 参加費:無料 詳細&参加登録はこちら https://tonamel.com/competition/iNFVT #EVOLVE六甲道

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with our pal, The Arcade Veteran. Here we see a great part 1 video expressing the history of the Neo-Geo. Fun way to enjoy the weekends listening in towards it.  :)

From the description,

"Today I Look into the History of the Neo Geo and its Origins from the MVS to the AES, It's time to Take it apart and look and the Strengths and Weaknesses of the System and what it has done for the Gaming Community Since it was Released in 1990 and Why It Is So Admired as a system Today. cheers Part 2 = Neo Geo CD -ROM Part 3 = Consolized MVS"

Anthony...

• Like 2

It has been a long time since I'm doing my best not to pay for expensive stuff and games in general anymore on ebay unless they're just unobtainable(largely imports) then it is what it is.  Yet at the arcade expo today I came across Top Player's Golf, now it's in my cabinet as game #35.  It's strange compared to the other better loved golf game, but oddly plays quite well I believe once you figure out how it works.  I'm almost there, it's a bit strange on the putting.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It has been a long time since I'm doing my best not to pay for expensive stuff and games in general anymore on ebay unless they're just unobtainable(largely imports) then it is what it is.  Yet at the arcade expo today I came across Top Player's Golf, now it's in my cabinet as game #35.  It's strange compared to the other better loved golf game, but oddly plays quite well I believe once you figure out how it works.  I'm almost there, it's a bit strange on the putting.

I love Top Players Golf Tanooki. It's one of my favorite Neo-Geo titles and my favorite Golf game. Great choice to add to you collection bro. :thumbsup: :)

The first time I ever played it was at a local Pizza Parlor next to my elementary school growing up. Every Friday, I would visit the place and order 2 regular slices and e medium Coke. Then I would play on a 1 slot Neo-Geo MVS unit that had Top Players Golf. It was a way for me to relax and start the weekends right for me.

*Sigh*... I miss those days and wish I can go back in time to relive those moments.  :)

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Since were on the topic with Top Players Golf with @Tanooki let's have a look back at @retrorussell review of the game. Russ always does a great job on gameplays and reviews. He accepted my request revisited the game and enjoyed it just as much as we do. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

One of the first few games for the NEO GEO arcade cabinet is actually a pretty damn good golf game. Anyway, once you get used to the power meter in this game and what the A and B buttons do (C and D are not used) the game is fairly easy to pick up and play. You can even choose to look around the course with the joystick-- a very cool option indeed! When you choose SHOT, you press a and then the meter fills up. You can wait for the meter to go back down if you like-- this gives you backspin on the ball! The 4 sections of the meter, depending where you stop the rising/lowering marker on the meter, will give you a straight shot with lower power, a hook, stronger straight shot, or slice. 2 white marks show where a perfect shot will be, and if you play against the near unbeatable computer, they will hit this like every time. Even when they make a rare mistake they will always come roaring back. With Stroke Play you play 18 holes by yourself, with Match Play you play against the CPU for 18 holes (and on some cabinets you may be allowed to play against a second player), and if you select Nassau Play, you get to do the Funky Nassau! No, just kidding-- in this mode you can actually shave strokes off your score by outdoing your opponent in certain drives, getting a shot closer to the cup, etc. Kind of a cool option. Shoot, this whole game is full of neat options and bells and whistles. Great music too! Though NEO TURF MASTERS is better, this is also a good golf game and certainly impressive for an early NEO title. Have a great weekend, folks, and I hope to see you soon with  Crazyclimber80! (Re-upload suggested by Charlie Cat)

Anthony...

• Like 3

I've always had Neo Turf Masters in some form or another (NGPC, MVS) going back to the handheld popping up.  The only time I've never barely touched this game was on the Neo Geo Mini and just barely, didn't make quite enough sense doing the whole green mechanics, still doesn't, as it doesn't seem relative to position.  It's a good game I think, but has a learning curve more for how the menus and choices work than not screwing up an actual shot.  If you can get around the setup and reading the lie I think in some weird ways could have a few perks over NTM even.

• Like 3