IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I've always had Neo Turf Masters in some form or another (NGPC, MVS) going back to the handheld popping up.  The only time I've never barely touched this game was on the Neo Geo Mini and just barely, didn't make quite enough sense doing the whole green mechanics, still doesn't, as it doesn't seem relative to position.  It's a good game I think, but has a learning curve more for how the menus and choices work than not screwing up an actual shot.  If you can get around the setup and reading the lie I think in some weird ways could have a few perks over NTM even.

Interesting on what you said Tanooki.  I never thought about that since you put it that way bro. 

Anthony...

Hi guys,

#KOFXVイラストコンテスト」へのたくさんのごs募、ありがとうございました! 優秀賞は、EVO Japan 2023(3月31日~4月2日開催)のSNKブース内にて発表と展示をいたします。なおSNK賞は、賞品の発送をもって代えさせていただきます。お楽しみに! https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2023/021705/ #KOF15 #KOFXV
Translated from Japanese by
Thank you for all the applications for " #KOFXVイラストコンテスト "! The Excellence Award will be announced and exhibited at the SNK booth at EVO Japan 2023 (held from March 31 to April 2). The SNK prize will be replaced by shipping the prize. looking forward to! https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2023/021705/ #KOF15 #KOFXV
Quote Tweet

PVwcfwuR_mini.jpg

SNK JAPAN

@SNKPofficial_jp
·
Feb 16
「KOF XV 1周年記sイラストコンテスト」を開催! #KOFXVイラストコンテスト を付けて、Twitterに投稿しよう! 優秀賞10名様にはAmazonギフト券3万円分を贈呈! さらにEVO Japan 2023のSNKブースにて発表・展示します。 ▼詳しくはコチラ https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2023/021705/ #KOFXV #KOF15

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【SNKフリーク】 毎月当たる!フォロー&RTキャンペーンを開催! 抽選で10名様にオリジナルQUOカード(500円分)プレゼント! ①このアカウントをフォロー ②この投稿をRT でs募完了! キャンペーンは3/31(金)まで! #SNK #SNKフリーク
[SNK freak] Win every month! Follow & RT campaign held! An original QUO card (500 yen) will be given to 10 people by lottery! ① Follow this account ② RT this post Application completed! The campaign is until 3/31 (Fri)! #SNK #SNKフリーク

Fp9wggCaAAEW0gQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

I've heard of that IREM one, have no interest to dig into it as it would be emulating something I don't have or care to bother with, but NTM that I own an entire kit to, and before that I owned the NGPC game an adored it.  Something about this game, even if it is a bit stiff with the unique setup on how to swing and the rest, it makes sense, and might just do a bit a little nicer than NTM does even oddly enough.  There's just something there in an amount that matters I'd argue it belongs in anyones collection even if they do have NTM as it's a nice compliment, not the crappier game that NTM was its replacement.

I have yet to get back to it, or anything from this weekend...busy, but I really want to learn how that green putting mechanic works.  Does someone here get it?  When you see the square popup with the lie direction of the green, is that relative to how you're looking at it, or just from the view you see on screen?   What i mean is, if it's in the box aiming downhill at the 4 o'clock angle if you're standing at high noon, will it roll that way towards 4, or if you're at 12 would it be its 4 (which would be like 10pm back and to the right) which is the total opposite.  I haven't figured out the roll yet.  I get you need to club up a bit, or swing a bit harder than indicated watching some go shallow, but the putting evades me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I've heard of that IREM one, have no interest to dig into it as it would be emulating something I don't have or care to bother with, but NTM that I own an entire kit to, and before that I owned the NGPC game an adored it.  Something about this game, even if it is a bit stiff with the unique setup on how to swing and the rest, it makes sense, and might just do a bit a little nicer than NTM does even oddly enough.  There's just something there in an amount that matters I'd argue it belongs in anyones collection even if they do have NTM as it's a nice compliment, not the crappier game that NTM was its replacement.

I have yet to get back to it, or anything from this weekend...busy, but I really want to learn how that green putting mechanic works.  Does someone here get it?  When you see the square popup with the lie direction of the green, is that relative to how you're looking at it, or just from the view you see on screen?   What i mean is, if it's in the box aiming downhill at the 4 o'clock angle if you're standing at high noon, will it roll that way towards 4, or if you're at 12 would it be its 4 (which would be like 10pm back and to the right) which is the total opposite.  I haven't figured out the roll yet.  I get you need to club up a bit, or swing a bit harder than indicated watching some go shallow, but the putting evades me.

I never really paid much attention about the mechanics of the game before Tanooki. It never crossed my mind doing so. But now I have to take the game out and try this myself to see what you explain in this posting. intriguing to say the least. 

Anthony... 

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of BIG TOURNAMENT GOLF ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/big-tournament-golf-aca-neogeo/id1599004068 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acabtg #ACANEOGEO

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of KOF 2002 ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kof-2002-aca-neogeo/id1599005073 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acakof2002 #ACANEOGEO #KOF

Anthony..

Hi guys,

CG WORLDさんに当社の求人広告を掲載しています 現在、積極採用中です 3月24日と4月7日に大阪スタジオのキャリア採用対象オンライン説明会を実施します 下記URLよりぜひごs募ください https://snk-corp.co.jp/recruit/ #SNK #キャリア採用 #CGWORLD #KOF
Our job advertisement is posted on CG WORLD  We are currently actively hiring On March 24th and April 7th, we will hold an online briefing session for career recruitment at the Osaka studio Please apply from the URL below  https://snk-corp.co.jp/recruit/ #SNK #キャリア採用 #CGWORLD #KOF

FqRIxU1acAA-TBW?format=jpg&name=medium

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Hey folks. Did you know that Romstar, Inc was just as much involved in distributing Neo-Geo Kits for the arcades. Here's pics to show. Also at one point, Romstar, Inc and SNK USA were both located in Torrance, California.

Anthony...
Edited by Charlie Cat

10 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Romstar also distributed for Taito, and most of its staff went to work on Mobile development.

That's true Slidell. I miss Romstar. They did plenty in the video game community and a shame that they only lasted for 10 years before merging with Capcom.  

Anthony..

• Sad 1

On 3/13/2023 at 2:12 PM, masschamber said:

man that man loves to collect, but if you've got the money why not enjoy it the way you like?

He certainly does Mass. You're right. Enjoy it while you can and really nice of Ness to share his material to inspire others to play and collect. He stop with other material possessions, Might as well do so with video games. :)

Anthony...

man so glad I bought Metal slug 3, the various stock I sold to buy are  down like 30% on average since I sold, the metal slug 3 on the  other hand is not 30% less fun and my daughter really likes carefully taking out, playing it and putting it back.  Keep in mind this child has every single g1 transformer, plays with most of them (gold plastic are off limits but she understands why) and over the past 18 months has yet to damage one.  so if she'll carefully handle a those I'm not worried about a hardier neo geo cart.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, masschamber said:

man so glad I bought Metal slug 3, the various stock I sold to buy are  down like 30% on average since I sold, the metal slug 3 on the  other hand is not 30% less fun and my daughter really likes carefully taking out, playing it and putting it back.  Keep in mind this child has every single g1 transformer, plays with most of them (gold plastic are off limits but she understands why) and over the past 18 months has yet to damage one.  so if she'll carefully handle a those I'm not worried about a hardier neo geo cart.

Good to know Mass. Glad that you're daughter is interested in Metal Slug 3 and also getting into Neo-Geo. We need the younger generation to take interest into it  for sure. Excellent to read that she's respectful with others personal belongings instead of being inconsiderate. Well done parenting mass. :thumbsup: :)

So you're daughter as all the G1 Transformers, plays with them and keeps them in mint condition Mass? Now that's even cooler to know bro. Double thumbs up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:We can tell that she's going places in life. When she becomes an adult, she'll take care of her cars and houses the same way in perfect condition. :)

Excellent job on being a parent Mass. Keep it up bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

@joeatari1 Hi Joe. I have a question to ask. To continue with your Neo-Geo collection, have you thought about purchasing the Neo-Geo Controller Pad? Let me say this bro. It's well worth it. Every member that I recommended to or current owner of one all said it's a must in anyones Neo-Geo collection. The controller has a 360 clicky stick and the buttons are very responsive. You'll be glad you done so bro. 

Follow Atariage members @Darrin9999 and @Steven Pendleton agree on this. You'll enjoy having it and it's more then just a perfect alternative to play on your AES. :)

File:Neo-Geo-CD-Controller-FL.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

In fact, this controller is so great, there's videos on it that feel the same why. Here's one from Neo-Geo thread contributor  Wicked Gamer & Collector regarding it Joe. 

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Back with another ool video from Retro Bird. In this video, we see him discuss on which out of the two units was more underappreciated. The TurboGrafx-16 or the Neo-Geo? I posted this up on the TurboGrafx-16 thread as well. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"I compare the TurboGrafx-16 to the Neo Geo in terms of how much appreciation each system has gotten over the years. This includes a retrospective on each console's popularity back in the day, as well as nowadays. Which Console Is More Underappreciated: TurboGrafx-16 or Neo Geo? - Retro Bird / Which Console Is the More Underappreciated Video Game System? / PC Engine / Neo Geo / More Underrated "

Anthony..

6 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

@joeatari1 Hi Joe. I have a question to ask. To continue with your Neo-Geo collection, have you thought about purchasing the Neo-Geo Controller Pad? Let me say this bro. It's well worth it. Every member that I recommended to or current owner of one all said it's a must in anyones Neo-Geo collection. The controller has a 360 clicky stick and the buttons are very responsive. You'll be glad you done so bro. 

Follow Atariage members @Darrin9999 and @Steven Pendleton agree on this. You'll enjoy having it and it's more then just a perfect alternative to play on your AES. :)

In fact, this controller is so great, there's videos on it that feel the same why. Here's one from Neo-Geo thread contributor  Wicked Gamer & Collector regarding it Joe. 

Anthony...

I second that. A great controller for sure. Also good for guests who wanna give the neo a try. It seems that a controller is a lot less intimidating than a arcade stickCFF2DA70-CC96-4088-B181-EFF112B1D91B.thumb.jpeg.f832e8102fcbd13ecb784339e96597ba.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Anthony...

Thanks Anthony.  I'll have to look them up and get one or two.  I understand haw a gigantic arcade stick could be intimidating for noobs (especially the kiddos).  Most of my friends would be good with the stick though as they grew up around arcades and such and most of them had the NES pro stick(?).

• Like 1

The Neo Geo CD controller was highly underrated. It's peculiar that Lemmings was never ported to the Neo Geo, but given that the AES/Neo Geo CD never had a mouse, it isn't all that surprising. That, and Data East tried their luck at an arcade version that was cancelled for being too slow for the arcade.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

Thanks Anthony.  I'll have to look them up and get one or two.  I understand haw a gigantic arcade stick could be intimidating for noobs (especially the kiddos).  Most of my friends would be good with the stick though as they grew up around arcades and such and most of them had the NES pro stick(?).

Excellent Joe. An in investment that will be well spent. There's plenty of them off Ebay and most are coming from Japan. One of these days we need to see you in action playing on your Neo-Geo. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

I second that. A great controller for sure. Also good for guests who wanna give the neo a try. It seems that a controller is a lot less intimidating than a arcade stickCFF2DA70-CC96-4088-B181-EFF112B1D91B.thumb.jpeg.f832e8102fcbd13ecb784339e96597ba.jpeg

So true Mass. Much as I like the AES controllers, sometimes they can be a pain in the neck. So I just take out the controller pad with ease and start playing right away. Love that clicky sound it produces. Nice set up in your pic with the Jaguar underneath it bro. :)

Anthony..