IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

11 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

The Neo Geo CD controller was highly underrated. It's peculiar that Lemmings was never ported to the Neo Geo, but given that the AES/Neo Geo CD never had a mouse, it isn't all that surprising. That, and Data East tried their luck at an arcade version that was cancelled for being too slow for the arcade.

You're right Slidel. I remember playing the NGCD controller and couldn't believe on how this pad was amazing. How I found out about playing on the AES when I was wondering since it's an official SNK product, would it be possible for it to be usable for the unit. Curiosity went a long way on the day to find out.  :D

Anthony...

10 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Neo Geo CD controller is one of the most awesome controllers you'll ever use. They require some maintenance to keep them functioning properly, unfortunately, but it's not too bad. The clicky stick is up there with the Saturn and Vita d-pads as being one of the top 3 best in history.

You can say that again Steve. I remember having a great posting conversation on how you were going to the game stores in Japan and seeing it being offered to be sold. Glad that you went back to the place and purchased it to add to the collection Steve. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

The SNK Official Tournaments in EVO Japan will be accepting registrations for past cancellations on Friday, March 17 at 5 PM JST.  https://start.gg/tournament/snk-official-tournament-in-evo-japan/ If you've registered but can't participate, please contact the tournament Discord server to cancel your registration. #SNK

Anthony...

Hi guys,

The "KOF XV JAPAN LEAGUE", Qualifier League WEEK 2 streaming has started. Check out the official channels now! >You Tube https://youtu.be/Ci0L6P_5Zu8 >Twitch https://twitch.tv/snkofficial #KOF15JL #KOFXV #KOF15

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 STAKES WINNER ACA NEOGEO is available to download on iOS/Android devices! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/stakes-winner-aca-neogeo/id1641038501 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acastwinner1 Supports Bluetooth controllers! Look forward to more games on the way! #ACANEOGEO

ACA NEOGEO STAKES WINNER for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This evening, were with KyoKusagani. Here we see a video of him discussing the difference of Magician Lord from the MVS and AES. Nice! :)

From the description,

"Home Neo-Geo releases are coveted for their rarity, but nobody ever plays them. Therefore, the differences between AES and their MVS counterparts are largely undocumented on Youtube. Let's change that! If this topic's interesting to a good chunk of people, I'd be happy to make this a weekly feature."

Anthony...

• Like 1

I finally got my Dreamcast Andro Dunos a few minutes ago. Unfortunately the sound emulation is not good. The music is pretty much broken, with it sounding strange in places and the tempo fluctuating wildly. They didn't even bother to add autofire, so playing it with a regular controller is miserable since you have no choice but to button mash your way through the game. Don't waste your money on this.

10 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

You can say that again Steve. I remember having a great posting conversation on how you were going to the game stores in Japan and seeing it being offered to be sold. Glad that you went back to the place and purchased it to add to the collection Steve. :)

Anthony..

Yeah, it's a really nice controller. I might try to get it working on the MiSTer, but we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi guys,

Check out the sale going on at the Steam Store! KOF XV Standard/ Deluxe Edition: 75%OFF KOF XV Team Pass 1/ 2: 75%OFF KOF XV Fighter Pass/ SHINGO YABUKI: 25%OFF Check out the Steam Store for more SNK titles with some up to 80% OFF! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1498570/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_XV/ #KOF15 #KOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【EVO Japan 2023 | SNKブース】 KOF XV声優トークショー開催記sキャンペーン! アカウントをフォロー&このツイートをRTで、 池澤春菜さんとブリドカットセーラ恵美さんのサイン色紙が5名様に当たる!3月31日(金)まで >トークショーの詳細はこちら https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xv/img/news/evoj2023.pdf #KOF15 #KOFXV
Translated from Japanese by
[EVO Japan 2023 | SNK Booth] KOF XV Voice Actor Talk Show Commemorative Campaign! Follow my account & RT this tweet Five people will win autographed colored paper from Haruna Ikezawa and Sarah Emi Bridcutt! Until Friday, March 31 >Click here for details of the talk show https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xv/img/news/evoj2023.pdf #KOF15 #KOFXV

FrWaAsxaAAct3bL?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

『餓狼伝説スペシャル』30年越しの公式大会が開催決定! ガロスぺスタジアム店長のシュラガユクさんにコミュニティーの現状を聞いた ・公式大会の開催はここまでプレイし続けたご褒美 ・30年のやり込みが見どころ #ガロスぺ #餓狼伝説 #SNK https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/EVOJapan09.html
"Fatal Fury Special" Official Tournament for 30 Years! We asked Shuragayuku, the manager of Garospe Stadium, about the current situation of the community. ・Holding an official tournament is a reward for continuing to play so far ・30 years of playing is the highlight #ガロスぺ #餓狼伝説 #SNK https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/EVOJapan09.html

FrY_vwEaAAA7EwB?format=jpg&name=360x360

FrY_v2FaMAMk6pn?format=jpg&name=360x360

FrY_v-5aYAAAJ6z?format=jpg&name=360x360

FrY_wF5acAAaJ2s?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

『餓狼 -MARK OF THE WOLVES-』20年以上愛され続ける魅力と最新情勢を現役プレイヤーに直撃 ・#餓狼MotW はシリーズの中でもオリジナリティーにあふれた作品 ・共通システムが強く絶妙なバランスで保たれている ・#EVOJapan2023 では新旧の強豪がぶつかり合う #SNK https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/EVOJapan08.html
"Galou -MARK OF THE WOLVES-" Directly hits active players with the charm that has been loved for over 20 years and the latest situation ・#FATAL FURY MotW is one of the most original works in the series ・The common system is strong and well-balanced #SNK https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/EVOJapan08.html

FrT2IgqaQAEVkFo?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 STAKES WINNER ACA NEOGEO is available to download on iOS/Android devices! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/stakes-winner-aca-neogeo/id1641038501 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acastwinner1 Supports Bluetooth controllers! Look forward to more games on the way! #ACANEOGEO

ACA NEOGEO STAKES WINNER for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Anthony...

Believe it or not Stake Winner 2 is a Neo Geo title I am quite fond of.  I know the horse racing genre is not for a lot of folks, but I think it is a genre that definitely could have some really great potential for some killer games.  However, definitely Stakes Winner and Stakes Winner 2 are some good horse racing games worthy of checking out in their own right(s).

On 3/12/2023 at 10:42 AM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Since were on the topic with Top Players Golf with @Tanooki let's have a look back at @retrorussell review of the game. Russ always does a great job on gameplays and reviews. He accepted my request revisited the game and enjoyed it just as much as we do. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

One of the first few games for the NEO GEO arcade cabinet is actually a pretty damn good golf game. Anyway, once you get used to the power meter in this game and what the A and B buttons do (C and D are not used) the game is fairly easy to pick up and play. You can even choose to look around the course with the joystick-- a very cool option indeed! When you choose SHOT, you press a and then the meter fills up. You can wait for the meter to go back down if you like-- this gives you backspin on the ball! The 4 sections of the meter, depending where you stop the rising/lowering marker on the meter, will give you a straight shot with lower power, a hook, stronger straight shot, or slice. 2 white marks show where a perfect shot will be, and if you play against the near unbeatable computer, they will hit this like every time. Even when they make a rare mistake they will always come roaring back. With Stroke Play you play 18 holes by yourself, with Match Play you play against the CPU for 18 holes (and on some cabinets you may be allowed to play against a second player), and if you select Nassau Play, you get to do the Funky Nassau! No, just kidding-- in this mode you can actually shave strokes off your score by outdoing your opponent in certain drives, getting a shot closer to the cup, etc. Kind of a cool option. Shoot, this whole game is full of neat options and bells and whistles. Great music too! Though NEO TURF MASTERS is better, this is also a good golf game and certainly impressive for an early NEO title. Have a great weekend, folks, and I hope to see you soon with  Crazyclimber80! (Re-upload suggested by Charlie Cat)

Anthony...

Top Player's Golf is a solid golf game, though it just doesn't measure up to Neo Turf Masters (imo).  Still, it is a solid title and very worthy of checking out.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 5:50 PM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

This evening, were with KyoKusagani. Here we see a video of him discussing the difference of Magician Lord from the MVS and AES. Nice! :)

From the description,

"Home Neo-Geo releases are coveted for their rarity, but nobody ever plays them. Therefore, the differences between AES and their MVS counterparts are largely undocumented on Youtube. Let's change that! If this topic's interesting to a good chunk of people, I'd be happy to make this a weekly feature."

Anthony...

Yeah, I’m aware of the differences. I used be an AES owner before I bought a consolized MVS unit from Neotropolis. I made the switch because at the time, MVS games were a lot cheaper. The community didn’t have the reliable MVS to AES converters that it does today, and the NeoSD cartridge was years away from creation. 

Plus, I have my Neo-Geo CD unit. I have well over half of the rare games (including Breakers) for the console, minus Futsal, Quiz KOF(?) and a couple of others. My biggest prize possession is Ninja Masters. What an incredible fighting game!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

You would be surprised at what Masami Ōbari did outside of Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer.

-The Fatal Fury OVAs.

-The Battle Arena Toshinden OVAs. (The ones that had Apollo Smile, Lisa Ortiz, and Ted Lewis in the dub.)

-Detonator Orgun.

He worked on the first anime that got me interested in Japanese animation: DANGAIOH.  It still has brilliant colors and animation (especially for the 80s), and the "fanservice" aspect isn't as overdone as in other anime.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Believe it or not Stake Winner 2 is a Neo Geo title I am quite fond of.  I know the horse racing genre is not for a lot of folks, but I think it is a genre that definitely could have some really great potential for some killer games.  However, definitely Stakes Winner and Stakes Winner 2 are some good horse racing games worthy of checking out in their own right(s).

Same here Ryan. I like Stakes Winner 1 & 2. personally, I was surprised at the time that the Neo-Geo had a Horse Racing games for the units. As strange to me as it was. They were fun to plat. I wish I had both for the AES. But they really went up in price sadly. 

Anthony...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Top Player's Golf is a solid golf game, though it just doesn't measure up to Neo Turf Masters (imo).  Still, it is a solid title and very worthy of checking out.

My favorite Golf title Ryan. I have so many fond memories of Top Players Golf growing up bro. I remember on every Friday afternoon after school, I would visit our local pizza parlor and play on a 1 slot MVS unit that had this game inserted into the unit. Top Players Golf was the game that made me relax after a hard week of learning. It was never a dull moment when I was ordering 2 regular slices with a medium Coke to go with it bro. :D

*Sigh* I miss those days. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

My biggest prize possession is Ninja Masters. What an incredible fighting game!

Whoa!  You have Ninja Masters  for your collection Mike?! That's fantastic. I always wanted that game to be added to the collection. But sadly, I could never find one at a good prices. Well...Maybe in the near future I can do so. But so glad you have the game in yours bro. :thumbsup: :) 

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

It still surprises me that they took the heavily-disdained Double Dragon movie and make a surprisingly good fighting game out of it for Neo Geo.

That's right Slidel. It'd like turning aluminum into gold.  Amazing they did so and help Double Dragon for sure. :)

Anthony... 

• Like 1