IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

5 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Now which also leads us to the latest with Final Vendetta from Bitmap Bureau. Here's what they said in their April 2023 newsletter with I jump ahead the rest for everyone's convenience

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1676714319/xeno-crisis-a-new-game-for-the-sega-genesis-mega-d/posts/3773210

As some of you may have noticed, we released our latest title, “Final Vendetta” last summer on all modern platforms - it was very well received with Retro Gamer magazine scoring it 92%!

Final Vendetta - Retro Gamer

And that leads us nicely on to the Neo Geo AES and MVS versions - thank you everyone that has been patiently waiting! With chip shortages and component price increases hitting everyone, we’ve been working on some revised PCB designs and alternative component options.

Final Vendetta - Neo Geo PCB

We’ll be locking these components down after pre-order - as we think it’s better to have the boards in hand ready rather than not have the parts. Fortunately we already have a good amount of Neo Geo plastic parts in stock for AES and MVS with more on their way soon.

Final Vendetta - Sprite Algorithm

Development on the software side of the Neo Geo port continues to go very well, with lots of behind the scenes improvements to our tooling and game engine. For example, we optimised our sprite processing pipeline to consider hardware sprite positioning for animation frames so as to minimise the hardware sprite total per horizontal line. A big shout out to HPMAN for all his DATlib improvements and tweaks to accommodate our changes!

We’re trying to do everything we can to reduce the time from pre-order to actual release. Over the next couple of weeks we will be finalising the remaining details of the collector’s editions and we aim to start the pre-order window at the end of April.

Anthony..

I’m lookin forward to final vendetta. I haven’t touched it yet so will hopefully play it on the neo for the first time. I already have the best beat ‘em up on the neo Geo in Mutation Nation so we’ll have to see how this one stacks up

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Now which also leads us to the latest with Final Vendetta from Bitmap Bureau. Here's what they said in their April 2023 newsletter with I jump ahead the rest for everyone's convenience

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1676714319/xeno-crisis-a-new-game-for-the-sega-genesis-mega-d/posts/3773210

As some of you may have noticed, we released our latest title, “Final Vendetta” last summer on all modern platforms - it was very well received with Retro Gamer magazine scoring it 92%!

Final Vendetta - Retro Gamer

And that leads us nicely on to the Neo Geo AES and MVS versions - thank you everyone that has been patiently waiting! With chip shortages and component price increases hitting everyone, we’ve been working on some revised PCB designs and alternative component options.

Final Vendetta - Neo Geo PCB

We’ll be locking these components down after pre-order - as we think it’s better to have the boards in hand ready rather than not have the parts. Fortunately we already have a good amount of Neo Geo plastic parts in stock for AES and MVS with more on their way soon.

Final Vendetta - Sprite Algorithm

Development on the software side of the Neo Geo port continues to go very well, with lots of behind the scenes improvements to our tooling and game engine. For example, we optimised our sprite processing pipeline to consider hardware sprite positioning for animation frames so as to minimise the hardware sprite total per horizontal line. A big shout out to HPMAN for all his DATlib improvements and tweaks to accommodate our changes!

We’re trying to do everything we can to reduce the time from pre-order to actual release. Over the next couple of weeks we will be finalising the remaining details of the collector’s editions and we aim to start the pre-order window at the end of April.

Anthony..

Thank you for the post! When will they be accepting pre-orders?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

I’m lookin forward to final vendetta. I haven’t touched it yet so will hopefully play it on the neo for the first time. I already have the best beat ‘em up on the neo Geo in Mutation Nation so we’ll have to see how this one stacks up

Same here Madwin. I haven't touched it yet either. Hopefully the Neo-Geo version will be a smash hit to play. Looking forward towards the pre-order date bro. :)

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of SHOCK TROOPERS ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/shock-troopers-aca-neogeo/id1596226188 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acasht1 #ACANEOGEO

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

It's time to fight again! Here is the complete #MetalSlug 4 Original Soundtrack for the first time on vinyl format! The limited edition includes the soundtrack and an exclusive new illustration designed and handsigned by Kubo, #SNK's official artist offered to the first orders!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Learn more about KOF XV Season 2 DLC character KIM KAPHWAN through this character breakdown trailer! Check it out before you play! https://youtu.be/ql7ulU_5ets #KOFXV #KOF15 #KimKaphwan

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 KIM KAPHWAN's profile has been revealed! Also, many of the questions submitted by fans have been answered in Bellamy's Interview! https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xv/characters/characters_kim.php #KOFXV #KOF15 #KimKaphwan #KOFXV_KIM

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Details behind KIM KAPHWAN's story have now been revealed!  Find out how and why he joined this KOF! https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xv/teams/ #KOF15 #KOFXV #KimKaphwan

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Kyo Kusagani with his MVS vs AES comparision videos. This time we see him discuss about Soccer Brawl. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Sports games are usually not my forte. However, SNK's unassuming "Soccer Brawl" has way more up its soles than meets the eye. Join me in uncovering the differences between the MVS and AES version of SNK's premiere soccer title !

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Square profile pictureEVO @EVO

Attention future Evo 2023 attendees! Early Bird pricing ends later this week! You’ve got until April 7, 2023, 11:59 PM PDT to get in on the savings. Keep the hype from going, and sign up today at http://evo.gg. #EVO2023

The Evo 2023 Lineup is displayed with logos for each game. Street Fighter 6, Guilty Gear -Strive-, Dragon Ball FighterZ, TEKKEN 7, The King of Fighters XV, MELTY BLOOD TYPE LUMINA, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 logos are present. The Evo logo is accompanied by the Presented by Chipotle logo. The text at the bottom states “Register today at evo.gg”.
ALT

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! http://start.gg/kofxv #SNK #KOFXV

Anthony...

Hi guys,

\Get your free smartphone wallpaper!/ In celebration of KOF XV's latest DLC KIM KAPHWAN, we're giving away a smartphone wallpaper! Please save it and use it today!♪ #KOF15 #KOFXV #SNKfanpresent

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of ALPHA MISSION II ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/alpha-mission-ii-aca-neogeo/id1591192446 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acaaso2 #ACANEOGEO

Anthony..

Hi guys,

@ColecoGamer @Madwindoman @128Kgames @eightbit @evilevoix @wolfy62 @GoldLeader @NeonPeon @NeoPancho @aduffy1976 @Keatah @neogeo1982 @electricmastro @Reaperman  @Punisher5.0 @frankodragon @ohfivepro @INTVCruise @joeatari1 @john_q_atari  @Stage_1_Boss @Mx5dob @Mikebloke @Rick Dangerous @x=usr(1536) @OldSchoolRetroGamer @Steril707 @Hwlngmad @Steven Pendleton @SpicedUp! @SlidellMan @Tanooki @retrorussell

Hey folks.

SNK USA was known for manufacturing their own MVS arcade cabinets.

But did you know that Romstar, Inc was involved in distributing Neo-Geo conversion Kits for the arcades and various establishments. Here's pics to show. Also at one point, Romstar, Inc and SNK USA were both located in Torrance, California and worked with each other on business negotiations almost on a daily basis.  

Anthony...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Hi guys,

Continuing onwards with the Neo-Geo Romstar series. Here's some examples of arcade cabinets that were converted for playing Neo-Geo MVS titles using the Romstar, Inc conversion kit. Usually the kits were in machines that were no longer considered as profitable from a previous title and seen better days after years of abuse from gamers.

Anthony...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

You're welcome bro. Glad that you found the postings informative and to your benefit regarding Romstar. Always a pleasure to have you on with us on the Neo-Geo thread and seeing you though out AtariAge my good man. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

In celebration of KIM KAPHWAN joining KOF XV, fans can download a special SNK Original smartphone wallpaper! Download here! https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-portal/ #KOF #KOFportal #SNKfanpresent #KimKaphwan

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Large input delays in the first round only when playing online? If your input delay setting is on automatic, try adjusting manually. We suggest 1 frame for opponents up to 90 ms, or 2 frames for opponents up to 150 ms. Give it a try and happy gaming! #KOFXV #KOF15

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 TOP PLAYER’S GOLF ACA NEOGEO is available to download on iOS/Android devices!
Supports Bluetooth controllers! Look forward to more games on the way! #ACANEOGEO

ACA NEOGEO TOP PLAYER'S GOLF Price on Xbox

Anthony...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Don't typically see a lot of Romstar stuff around. I've known about them for a while since they distributed a lot of Toaplan's games in North America, but I don't think I'd ever seen them do any Neo Geo stuff before. I didn't notice it, at least.

I think a lot of it is regional.

I got my MVS from San Diego, and I strongly suspect it's a Romstar conversion.

Romstar's all over out there, and it's certainly a conversion from something, based on the cramped button placement.

The cab is an 'East Coast Design UV-25' which is also closely related to romstar.

That's odd being from the other coast, but whatever.

The cab model is often pictured as sky soldiers, sky shark or black tiger--all romstar-distributed and a bit earlier than Neo Geo.

with sky soldiers being the best match for side panel color and date from the few pics I see online.

(monitor chassis is a 1989 so cab is around there).

Don't get too hung up on the marquee and other art not matching the conversion, I added most of that.

When I got it was sporting very-homemade puzzle bobble art.

(embiggen)

j3W4cA7m.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3