Jump to content
IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I need more time on the game to be certain but when the person or at least rep person who is responsible for these things ended up having a conversation posted on facebook a couple months back saying they had made the cart stable and fixed it up, so far that appears to be correct.

 

I'll need to look up the list of sketchy issues it had for the specifics in details.  My beef was the audio problem, seems clear so far but needs more checking with stuff I know was bad that I do own a real game for.  I know Aero Fighters 3 had a problem, not checked it yet but can (own it.)

 

This was the same conversation I mentioned where the person posted that conversation that included an upcoming 200in1 cart as well.  If it's on this level of quality, I'll be making another mvs multi purchase this year.

One of the worst games for sound on my ver 1 multicart is Strikers 1945. Pretty much unplayable 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Here's something from Andro Dunos II that was posted by Allister Brimble, the game's musician:

 

In case anyone is wondering, he has been making music since the C64 days.

Sounds pretty cool Slidel. Seeing I love the Commodore 64, this really is up to my standards. Nice find. :thumbsup: :)

 

Anthony..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, masschamber said:

have a chance to get pulstar and blazing star for 5500 usd, on the one hand that is an amazing deal for those 2 games.... on the other hand they're 5500 dollars....

Whoa! You have both Blazing Star and Pulstar in the collection now Mass. Man! I was in your shoes owning them. Well done on continuing to grow your collection. We would love to see them once they arrive to your pad. :)

 

Anthony...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 
Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! http://start.gg/kofxv #SNK #KOFXV
 

Anthony..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

 
Hey KOF fans! Submit any questions you have for SYLVIE PAULA PAULA by using the hashtag #KOFXV_SYLVIE by Apr 16th and they might get chosen! Picked questions will be answered in Summer on KOF XV's official website alongside the DLC launch of SYLVIE. #KOFXV #KOF15
 
 
Image
 

 

Anthony..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

 

Here's the latest newsletter from Kimera GameSoft on their upcoming game Operation: Killmeister

 

 
1080x360
 
 
 
Opens profile photo
 

 

"Dear retro-gamer friends,

You subscribed to our mailing list…and that was the right decision!

Yes it was, because at Kimera Gamesoft, we strive to design an original, surprising and fun game ; a game we really can't wait to unveil…when we will feel it is good enough to surprise you.

Since the company's inception, our goal has been to design and manufacture our NeoGeo AES / MVS PCB 100% in France rather than China in order to keep as much control as possible over our independence and the key steps of the whole production chain. So today we are proud to announce that our NeoGeo AES / MVS hardware cartridge prototype is fully operational.

During this process, we encountered a dramatic and unpredictable surge in the chip market, which had a significant impact on our agenda. But as we say “No pain, no game”, right? Therefore, our budget having already been raised two times, we have decided to launch a Kickstarter campaign in order to avoid reducing the quantity of game copies we will produce for the game's official release. We will let you know objectives, goals and rewards details when the time comes.

Moreover we have already secured the supply for the AES shells and snaplock boxes ; we had it all delivered earlier this past February.

We wanted to let you know, while confirming that our game Operation Killmeister for NeoGeo is coming for real and is going to be great. Furthermore, we will soon communicate about the long awaited gameplay of our game and as much information as possible will be disclosed before and during the Kickstarter campaign.

Little hint, first-in first-served based on our mailing list registration…in the limit of our upcoming production.

Thank you for your support!

Antoine, Aurelien, David
Kimera Gamesoft"

 

Anthony...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

 

 

Here's the latest newsletter from Kimera GameSoft on their upcoming game Operation: Killmeister

 

 
1080x360
 
 
 
Opens profile photo
 

 

"Dear retro-gamer friends,

You subscribed to our mailing list…and that was the right decision!

Yes it was, because at Kimera Gamesoft, we strive to design an original, surprising and fun game ; a game we really can't wait to unveil…when we will feel it is good enough to surprise you.

Since the company's inception, our goal has been to design and manufacture our NeoGeo AES / MVS PCB 100% in France rather than China in order to keep as much control as possible over our independence and the key steps of the whole production chain. So today we are proud to announce that our NeoGeo AES / MVS hardware cartridge prototype is fully operational.

During this process, we encountered a dramatic and unpredictable surge in the chip market, which had a significant impact on our agenda. But as we say “No pain, no game”, right? Therefore, our budget having already been raised two times, we have decided to launch a Kickstarter campaign in order to avoid reducing the quantity of game copies we will produce for the game's official release. We will let you know objectives, goals and rewards details when the time comes.

Moreover we have already secured the supply for the AES shells and snaplock boxes ; we had it all delivered earlier this past February.

We wanted to let you know, while confirming that our game Operation Killmeister for NeoGeo is coming for real and is going to be great. Furthermore, we will soon communicate about the long awaited gameplay of our game and as much information as possible will be disclosed before and during the Kickstarter campaign.

Little hint, first-in first-served based on our mailing list registration…in the limit of our upcoming production.

Thank you for your support!

Antoine, Aurelien, David
Kimera Gamesoft"

 

Anthony...

I wonder if the Kickstarter campaign will allow us to pre-order a copy? Based on how the newsletter is written, it sounds like pre-ordering a copy through the Kickstarter will be possible.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

One of the worst games for sound on my ver 1 multicart is Strikers 1945. Pretty much unplayable 

Well this cart so far has a tempermental nature, if it's too far in it can glitch out and lose connection, if too far out then it just is like any cart not read... argh

 

That said, when I get the sweet spot I'm good.

 

So far... your game, no audio problems.

Blazing star wasn't getting static

Bust a Move/PB2 didn't do the yo-yo volume all over the place from soft to ear shattering loud

Aerofighters 3 the bullets make connection with any moving target through the first stage or two I tried

I didn't try Garou, but given the rest, it surely is fixed as promised.

 

Any other people have concerns with the 161 v3?

Any idea what to do about the weird connection?  I've cleaned the pins, cleaned the internal ones using na old NES cleaning kit and 91% alcohol too in case (didn't change, my real games load fine.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

@Charlie Cat

Anthony,

 

Do you know if SNK’s Art Box Pixel Editor - the computer paint program they used to develop Neo-Geo games - is floating around the internet somewhere for download?

 

 

Hi Mike,

 

I was wondering about that myself for a few years now. I haven't seen anything from my end. But I'll ask @SpicedUp! (Riko) from the NeoGepForever forums to stop by and maybe he can answer this better for us bro.

 

I did find this off the internet, Could ths be to you benefit?

https://www.derekyu.com/makegames/pixelart.html

 

Anthony...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I wonder if the Kickstarter campaign will allow us to pre-order a copy? Based on how the newsletter is written, it sounds like pre-ordering a copy through the Kickstarter will be possible.

I wish them all the best on their upcoming title Mike. But these were the fellas that shared their cover art and manuals with no running gameplay or prototype. Not the best option to attract gamers and their confidence. But they have things planned with Kickstarter and hope they succeed on doing so. Will see in the near future for sure. :)

 

Anthony...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Mike,

 

I was wondering about that myself for a few years now. I haven't seen anything from my end. But I'll ask @SpicedUp! (Riko) from the NeoGepForever forums to stop by and maybe he can answer this better for us bro.

 

I did find this off the internet, Could ths be to you benefit?

https://www.derekyu.com/makegames/pixelart.html

 

Anthony...

Thanks for the link, Anthony; it certainly helps. I did find tools fashoined after SNK’s Art Box, if you can believe it! And thank you for asking around for me; hopefully he’ll have an answer for us!

 

http://furrtek.free.fr/?p=crea&a=atarashi

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

I wish them all the best on their upcoming title Mike. But these were the fellas that shared their cover art and manuals with no running gameplay or prototype. Not the best option to attract gamers and their confidence. But they have things planned with Kickstarter and hope they succeed on doing so. Will see in the near future for sure. :)

 

Anthony...

Yeah, I remember how they missed their deadline to post a gameplay video, but instead showcased the insert and user manual instead. 🙄 I wish them well and hope their game is good!

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Thanks for the link, Anthony; it certainly helps. I did find tools fashoined after SNK’s Art Box, if you can believe it! And thank you for asking around for me; hopefully he’ll have an answer for us!

 

http://furrtek.free.fr/?p=crea&a=atarashi

You're welcome Mike. Glad that it does.  As far as Kimera GameSoft goes. I hope they show some game footage soon. I personally dislike the route their going at this time.

 

Anthony..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 
【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of KOF '95 ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kof-95-aca-neogeo/id1607801623 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acakof95 #ACANEOGEO
 
 
Image
 

 

Anthony..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 
 
【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of KING OF THE MONSTERS ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/king-of-the-monsters/id1601558036 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acakom #ACANEOGEO
 
 
Image
 

 

Anthony..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,

 
I've made a dedicated post, but I thought I'd also share the news here.
Today, I'm pleased to share the release of my game Yo-Yo Shuriken on Neo-Geo MVS, AES and CD formats.
yoyoshuriken_neogeo.thumb.jpg.69101d392121edd5292ee222d7573514.jpg
The game is a single-screen shooter with a unique twist:  you are using a single shuriken that can be thrown, then recalled so you can hit enemies from the front and/or from behind. The game is even more fun with a friend, with a cooperative-competitive 2 players mode.
 
You can get the game ROMS (MAME, ISO, NeoSD...) from here:
https://drludos.itch.io/yo-yo-shuriken-neo-geo
 
The game is also available in physical format for Neo-Geo CD from here (you'll receive the AES, MVS and CD ROMs for free when buying the physical release): https://cotegamers.com/shop/en/accueil/153-yoyo-shuriken.html
 
And of course, patrons of the "free games" tier will also receive this game for free over Patreon, as usual:
 
Last but not least, here is the game running on my trusty old AES:
 
I hope you'll enjoy it, and feel free to ask me any question! 🙂
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, drludos said:

Hi Everyone,

 
 
 
I hope you'll enjoy it, and feel free to ask me any question! 🙂

Hi drludos

 

Wow. Thank you for stopping by to share your video of Yo-Yo Shuriken with us on The Official NEO-GEO Thread here on AtariAge.com. This game looks really fantastic and thank you for sharing this with us for our members and guests to enjoy. I remember posting on your channel and really liked what this game has to offer. We appreciate you doing this for us drludos. I would love to by the physical release for it on the Neo Geo CD in May. Nice price. $40.03. That's very reasonable. I'm sold on it.  :)

 

I didn't realize you're an AtariAge member. We appreciate you stopping by to share this with us  Thank you for your hard work.

 

 Do you have any more Neo Geo titles plan for the public to play after Yo-Yo Shuriken bro? :)

 

Anthony...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...