IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 CROSSED SWORDS ACA NEOGEO is available to download on iOS/Android devices! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/crossed-swords-aca-neogeo/id6444053627 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acacs Supports Bluetooth controllers! Look forward to more games on the way! #ACANEOGEO

ទិញ ACA NEOGEO CROSSED SWORDS for Windows - Microsoft Store km-KH

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Noise Factory spiritual successor NoiseCor has just announced a future re-release of Rage of the Dragons (the rights to which are now held by Piko) on NeoGeo, to be published by Blazepro. https://twitter.com/noise_mail/status/1664268729604251648 Trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RBnnLbaXTG4

AES Japanese version RAGE OF THE DRAGONS (Rage of the Dragons / 20th anniversary limited edition) Japan domestic resale notice PV 1st

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

KOF XIII GLOBAL MATCH, with rollback netcode, will have its 1st open beta test on PS4! ■ Period Mon, June 5 (7 PM PDT) – Sun, June 11 (7 PM PDT) ■ Platform PS4 (also playable on PS5) * PS Plus membership not required ■ Teaser Site https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof13gm/ #KOFXIII #KOF13

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Delivering the “KOF love” of the winners of the “KOF15” 1st Anniversary Illustration Contest Excellence Award ・Posting 10 Excellence Award winning works ・Impressions at the time of winning ・Theme of the work, highlights ・The charm of the “KOF” series #SNK # KOFXV # KOF15 https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/report07.html _

Anthony...

Hi guys,

[SNK Freak] Win every month! Follow & RT campaign held! An original QUO card (500 yen) will be given to 10 people by lottery! ① Follow this account ② RT this post to complete the application! The campaign is until 6/30 (Fri)! #SNK #SNK freak

Anthony...

Hi guys,

$300,000 for Kizuna Encounter on the Neo-Geo AES? DAMN! 😳

Let's listen in to Retro Neo Ness to find out more. :)

From the description,

"In this captivating episode, we shine a spotlight on the holy grail of gaming—a legendary title so rare and valuable that it has become the stuff of gaming legends. Discover its fascinating story and the astronomical figures it commands in the collector's market. For up close pictures of Kizuna Encounter."

Anthony...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

$300,000 for Kizuna Encounter on the Neo-Geo AES? DAMN! 😳

...And checking back through my records, the MVS one cost me $39 shipped...

I think I'll just decide to be happy with that version, unless I start making Bezos-Bux, for whatever reason.

Jeez, the instruction booklet alone is $50k (BIN) on the ebay.--I suppose that book is 1/3 of what separates the $300k us version from the $4500 japanese aes. (book, cart label, case label?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aqua Ippan (a slug-looking windows game) has been all up in my youtube feed all of a sudden, and I may give it a spin this weekend. Sorry if it was already mentioned, I didn't see it in a quick search, and I figure folks here might also be into it. the hi-score/'how to play' music is an odd choice, but being a pre-release demo, I'm guessing it's a placeholder.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Thank you for sharing the Aqua Ippan video with us Reaper. You beat me to it. Glad you did bro. :) Love the Metal Slug feel it has. I want to play it.  :)

The developer's name on Twitter is Division. He made the game and was asked multiple times if a Neo-Geo version would be taken into consideration. However he said no due to assembly issues. Shame.... Maybe we can change his mind. I tried contacting him in regards to connections that I have Reaper. Hopefully he will reconsider. 

Would have loved too! But I'm no good with assembly, so unfortunately no

Opens profile photo @Division6Tank

Spriter and animator! Also amateur GMS programmer and tile/sprite/sound ripper Ko-fi page: http://ko-fi.com/division6tank

Anthony...
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Thank you for sharing the Aqua Ippan video with us Reaper. You beat me to it. Glad you did bro. :) Love the Metal Slug feel it has. I want to play it.  :)

The developer's name on Twitter is Division. He made the game and was asked multiple times if a Neo-Geo version would be taken into consideration. However he said no due to assembly issues. Shame.... Maybe we can change his mind. I tried contacting him in regards to connections that I have Reaper. Hopefully he will reconsider. 

Would have loved too! But I'm no good with assembly, so unfortunately no

Opens profile photo @Division6Tank

Spriter and animator! Also amateur GMS programmer and tile/sprite/sound ripper Ko-fi page: http://ko-fi.com/division6tank

Anthony...

If he needs an assembly programmer, I know one who can help. However, he's busy with college and NES homebrews at the moment.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

@SlidellMan @Reaperman

Division did write back to me regarding the concept of having his title ported over to the Neo-Geo. This is what he had to say. 

8ngMOFW-_bigger.jpg 8:18 AM Today. 

"Hey Anthony! Thanks a lot for approaching me with an interesting offer! In fact, homebrew NG games like Kraut Buster were one of the many inspirations for making Aqua Ippan  

While I really appreciate the offer, the game isn't anywhere near to be finished, so it would be a waste to try and port it now. Speaking of port, the entire game was made with GMS2, so porting it for NeoGeo would mean recoding everything, cutting my sprites into 16x16 tilesets, and lots of other complex quirks.

Above all, I am aware this kind of niche conversion requires a lot of money to either get the necessary equipment or to ask someone specialized to homebrew my game.

Still I really find the idea fascinating, but it's just not really feasable as of now haha. Thanks for linking me your thread and contacting me about this! Maybe once the game's done, things will be different.

Have a great weekend!"

Anthony...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

My wife pulled off a whopper of a game tonight. 234 in league bowling!!!!

Now that's what I called a great score Cobra. Glad to know the Mrs enjoys playing Neo-Geo. Always wanted to see more women playing the games. But even growing up, I knew hardly a few back then in the 90's. 

Anthony...

• Like 2

On 6/3/2023 at 10:12 PM, ColecoGamer said:

$300,000 for Kizuna Encounter on AES? Crazy! I’m happy with my MVS cartridge, which cost me less than $300 some time ago.

Yeah Mike. Can you believe it? I have to say no way on that. I can never think of spending such an astronomical amount on just a video game. I rather save it for retirement. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Now that's what I called a great score Cobra. Glad to know the Mrs enjoys playing Neo-Geo. Always wanted to see more women playing the games. But even growing up, I knew hardly a few back then in the 90's. 

Anthony...

It’s uh….we’ll frankly the only game she can play well haha. Tbh, even pac man and Frogger is over her head. We tried league bowling on a whim and man I tell you, she just had a knack for it. Can’t explain it, but it’s nice we have one game we can play together. 

13 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

It’s uh….we’ll frankly the only game she can play well haha. Tbh, even pac man and Frogger is over her head. We tried league bowling on a whim and man I tell you, she just had a knack for it. Can’t explain it, but it’s nice we have one game we can play together. 

Gotcha Cobra. It's fine bro. At least both of you are together and having fun playing games. And that's the most important of them all to build memories. :D

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Hmmm... It's seems that @PikoInteractive didn't give permission to re-release Rage of the Dragons for the Q1 of 2024 by. Oh-Uh!!! Thank you for PM'ing about this Eli.

Hello, We have not signed a deal with anyone at this moment for Rage of the Dragons. I'm not sure why Noise Factory would make such announcement if they have been told several times that we will release Rage of the Dragons along the Modern version in 2024.

Anthony...
  • Sad 1