IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

1 hour ago, Jag_Mag said:

I'm supporting Neo Geo CD releases with my dev group,carts are expensive and not affordable to some so I'm trying to meet in the middle for gamers.I've talked to some of my publishers and none will carry neo geo carts,they will carry Neo Geo CD's though commericaly done CD's,boxes,manuals.

Yes, cartridges can be very expensive to produce and sell. Some venders (like you said) refuse to sell them.

What to do, right?

I tried to talk Rich into supporting the cartridge format, but he’s pissed. He says Yo Yo Shuriken shouldn’t even be on cart for $265USD. If you watch gameplay footage, the enemies have very basic logic. They just move randomly on the screen.

He feels people are being taken for a ride with this release and it hurts solid developers with high quality games in development.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Say, it's our friend @Dr. Strangelove. Been a while seince we last saw him here on AariAge. Let's see what's he been up to. :)

NeoGeo collector's bible just arrived yersterday! A pretty interesting alternative to other items as NG Visual History  #SNK #neogeo #AES #retrogames #retrogamer #RetroPC #Nintendo #Arcade #mvs #fullset #gaming #retrogaming #collector #booklovers #mvs #gamedev #retrogameaday

Anthony...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Anthony..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I tried to talk Rich into supporting the cartridge format, but he’s pissed. He says Yo Yo Shuriken shouldn’t even be on cart for $265USD. If you watch gameplay footage, the enemies have very basic logic. They just move randomly on the screen.

He feels people are being taken for a ride with this release and it hurts solid developers with high quality games in development.

I don't want to offend the author who is here, but I am also known to be blunt and forward on such things too.  I agree with Rich whoever Rich is since I don't follow this that closely.  I've seen the videos of that game at play, enough of them that I would agree with the basic logic argument.  Personally I wouldn't even be comfortable beyond like 10% of that, which would put it in the realm of a GB/GBC/GBA or SNES/Genesis era cart pushed out from the use of bulk ordered pieces via Aliexpress.  I can see where some efforts though grossly overpriced like ngdev did that would easily qualify for that price (not for the $500-600 they wanted or so though.)  I get the pcbs, chips, boards, plastics, vinyls, card stock all have expenses but if you want to charge a high dollar price ($250+, hell even $100+) you really need to bring something jaw dropping miraculous to the table as the competition is thick.  I couldn't even justify the cost on NeoTris and Tetris is pretty timeless and fairly endless too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I don't want to offend the author who is here, but I am also known to be blunt and forward on such things too.  I agree with Rich whoever Rich is since I don't follow this that closely.  I've seen the videos of that game at play, enough of them that I would agree with the basic logic argument.  Personally I wouldn't even be comfortable beyond like 10% of that, which would put it in the realm of a GB/GBC/GBA or SNES/Genesis era cart pushed out from the use of bulk ordered pieces via Aliexpress.  I can see where some efforts though grossly overpriced like ngdev did that would easily qualify for that price (not for the $500-600 they wanted or so though.)  I get the pcbs, chips, boards, plastics, vinyls, card stock all have expenses but if you want to charge a high dollar price ($250+, hell even $100+) you really need to bring something jaw dropping miraculous to the table as the competition is thick.  I couldn't even justify the cost on NeoTris and Tetris is pretty timeless and fairly endless too.

Superbly said, Tanooki. The only way I'm charging a triple digit price for any of my games is on the sheer amount of content packed in. That, and the game has to be good enough to warrant said price and a 10/10 score.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I can see where some efforts though grossly overpriced like ngdev did that would easily qualify for that price (not for the $500-600 they wanted or so though.) 

Speaking of NGDEVTEAM, I try to be impartial and show support the best I can. But I'm still patiently waiting for them to ship the 2 games I pre-ordered from them 4-5 years ago. I mean, I ask myself on what have they been doing after all this time? What do they do all day? This really is out of control. There's still others in the community that still haven't receive their games as well.

When you try to email them, they hardly ever respond back. And once they do, they just give you like a short quick text answer response like you bothered them just asking a simple question. If they plan on getting out of the Neo-Geo development, that's their decision. I have no interest on further doing business them once they move on with Neo-Geo. :|

Anthony...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hi guys,

iOS /Android版『ベースボールスターズ2 アケアカNEOGEO』を配信開始! 迫力のグラフィックに痛sアナウンス!パワーバットでホームランをかっ飛ばそう!オート守備システムで初s者でも楽しめる! App Store https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/baseball-stars-2-aca-neogeo/id1666776036 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acabbs2 #アケアカNEOGEO
Translated from Japanese by
iOS/Android version of “Baseball Stars 2 ACA NEOGEO” now available! Exciting announcements with powerful graphics! Hit a home run with a power bat! Even beginners can enjoy it with the automatic defense system!  App Store https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/baseball-stars-2-aca-neogeo/id1666776036  Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acabbs2 #アケアカNEOGEO

F6_Wx5jbQAAK2VN?format=png&name=360x360

F6_W0O0bYAAlGZZ?format=jpg&name=360x360

F6_W2OcbQAA9EWc?format=jpg&name=360x360

F6_W3ykbMAAx5CO?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

KOF XIII GLOBAL MATCH, with rollback netcode, will have its 3rd open beta test on PS4! ■ Period Tue, October 3 (7 PM PDT) – Mon, October 9 (7 PM PDT) ■ Platform PS4 (also playable on PS5) * PS Plus membership not required https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof13gm/ #KOFXIII #KOF13

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Superbly said, Tanooki. The only way I'm charging a triple digit price for any of my games is on the sheer amount of content packed in. That, and the game has to be good enough to warrant said price and a 10/10 score.

I felt it had to be said, not as much as slight to him but the whole ball of it which is why I dragged in NeoTris, and by proxy perhaps some others that have popped up this year for the hardware.  The thing is, maybe some of them really are that good, but I refuse to even pay for let alone monitor kickstarter and their ilk after a long list of issues people have had a decade on now.  If it arrives then great, if it arrives on many formats where maybe I'm good giving it a whirl -- perfect.  But with the one Rich ripped on there, I mean, the logic there is like 1989-90 gameboy level, it's a perfect mini game package, not one of my car payments.

10 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Speaking of NGDEVTEAM, I try to be impartial and show support the best I can. But I'm still patiently waiting for them to ship the 2 games I pre-ordered from them 4-5 years ago. I mean, I ask myself on what have they been doing after all this time? What do they do all day? This really is out of control. There's still others in the community that still haven't receive their games as well.

When you try to email them, they hardly ever respond back. And once they do, they just give you like a short quick text answer response like you bothered them just asking a simple question. If they plan on getting out of the Neo-Geo development, that's their decision. I have no interest on further doing business them once they move on with Neo-Geo. :|

Anthony...

Despicable completely.  Same crap that Analogue pulled on people with POCKET Group C as some still haven't got them and paid back in 2020-21 whenever it was, yet those fuckers put out the glow model, now the rainbow, and if NOW you buy they promise to ship in 2 weeks?  What about the people who dropped $200-400+ depending on group C who waited minimally a year to a year and a half or more?!?!  I'm done with them.  Same shade I'll throw at LRG and even scummier StrictlyLosersGaming who also works as ININ taking money way in advance, then at times shipping the same game iwth the ININ label for the same/less money on Amazon?!  LRG those losers taking money and now ignoring people and you wait 1-2 years to get a game you paid for???(I've seen some cases 3-4 at this rate due to a special edition bundle.)  It's exploitation, just filthy behavior.  This garbage almost as much as just the toxic pricing shark bait behavior of old games has largely stopped me buying domestic old games anymore.  Wonder why I don't post, MVS prices went bad, last gmae I got was Top Players at Louisville Arcade Expo in March, about a year before that for another.  I'm mostly doing into local buys and Famicom/SFc/GB-Jp stuff online now.  It's a happier chill space and not a scam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Anthony...

At this point I’d be ok with just an update. Here’s why it’s taking so long and here’s when we expect it to be ready. Done. Anything’s better than radio silence. I preordered fast striker/gunlord/neo xyx. There was a little wait, under a year I think but it was nothing like this. And no updates. And they’re doing all kinds of other things. Switch and ps5. Cmon man

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madwindoman said:

At this point I’d be ok with just an update. Here’s why it’s taking so long and here’s when we expect it to be ready. Done. Anything’s better than radio silence. I preordered fast striker/gunlord/neo xyx. There was a little wait, under a year I think but it was nothing like this. And no updates. And they’re doing all kinds of other things. Switch and ps5. Cmon man

Take care of your customers first! If that many people are still waiting, they shouldn’t be moving onto other platforms until they send the products that are owed!

• Like 2

Hi guys,

This evening we are with Gaming Quarterly. Here we see him discuss a game that he feels time forgot. What game is it? Magician Lord. 

From the description,

"One of the best fantasy adventure game of its time that is woefully kept from achieving a better status due to its difficulty. I chose not to show any of the sub-bosses and main bosses after the third stage so as to not ruin the game for anyone that might not have tried this game and would like to play it in the future."

Anthony..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

4 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Take care of your customers first! If that many people are still waiting, they shouldn’t be moving onto other platforms until they send the products that are owed!

Which is why I compared them now to those other scummy companies like analogue and the small run game company peddlers.  FOMO crack addict suppliers who take advantage of people, then hold the goods, while shoveling out other goods and well, yeah, what you two said.  Get it done, then move on, not take money and move on and not deliver.

• Like 3

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 BASEBALL STARS 2 ACA NEOGEO is available to download on iOS/Android devices! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/baseball-stars-2-aca-neogeo/id1666776036 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acabbs2 Supports Bluetooth controllers! Look forward to more games on the way! #ACANEOGEO

ACA NEOGEO BASEBALL STARS 2 for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Thank you playing KOF XV's latest DLC character, DUO LON! SNK illustrator Yumi Saji drew a special artwork to celebrate him joining the KOF XV tournament! We hope you enjoy what DUO LON has to offer! #KOFXV #KOF15 #DUOLON

Anthony...

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 6:33 PM, Charlie Cat said:

@Reaperman @retrorussell @Tanooki @Madwindoman @Stage_1_Boss @GoldLeader @wolfy62 @Punisher5.0 @SlidellMan @roots.genoa @M-S @INTVCruise @joeatari1 @Songbird @doctorclu @DJ Clae @eightbit @128Kgames @Franjo @NeoPancho @NeonPeon @neogeo1982 @Mikebloke @electricmastro @Atarian7 @SoundGammon @Kiwi @bent_pin @SpicedUp! @MarkoCG77 @Cobra Strike Down @Corby @Darrin9999

Hi Guys,

@ColecoGamer is proud to announce his latest project to be posted here on AtariAge and directly towards the Neo-Geo thread. It's currently in the works and it will be available to be played on the Neo-Geo MVS, AES, and CD. He hopes that the game will be to everyone's liking and if you have any inquirers, please contact Mike at anytime. He will assist you as best he can. :)  

The Mountain King

Genre: D&D Cyberpunk Beat ‘em up (think Capcom’s AD&D Tower of Doom, etc)

System: Neo-Geo MVS, Neo-Geo AES and Neo-Geo CD

Concept: The vicious Mountain King has awakened from his thousand year slumber to conquer the lands of many kings. His dark and evil minions ransacked towns and villages, destroying homes, businesses and innocent people.

The kings of the land have called upon their best warriors to thwart this menace and defeat the Mountain King for good. 

As one of five warriors (along with a friend), your mission is to travel through the war-torn landscape,  and dispatch the Mountain King’s demonic soldiers and leaders. Along the way, the player will gain experience points from defeating enemies. The player’s character will level up, gaining more damage to inflict on enemies and skills that include Team Healing, Ice Storms and the like.

Gold coins can be found randomly in treasure chests; food can be found randomly to heal wounds; and potions can be found randomly to heal, increase the player’s speed, and other special abilities.

Mounts: Similar to Sega’s Golden Axe, there are mounts or ‘rides’ that can be used by the player. One is a Dinosaur-like raptor, which can attack enemies by bitting.

Boss Fights: At the end of each level is a boss fight, which has different monsters - dragons, ogres, giants and the like. 

Control Scheme:

A-Button: Sword/Melee Attack

B-Button: Block attacks

C-Button: Jump

D-Button: Use Spells/Potions

Breakable items like tables, barrels and posts

NPC vendors to purchase items from

Choose your path - At certain points in the game, the player can choose his own path.

Free villagers that are captured inside cages or tied up

IMG_7156.thumb.jpeg.679e1e44b1e79152fb30da79076adadf.jpegIMG_7157.thumb.jpeg.8959715a94a2ba29fe3b4ca24654da5e.jpegIMG_7158.thumb.jpeg.697c10ea4e143bbb66dc3fbd8a5f37dc.jpegIMG_7159.thumb.jpeg.d68f61edfc949faad11eb7bc868804f0.jpegIMG_7160.thumb.jpeg.7130bc22d35c1f01dcfb38e966cfd723.jpegIMG_7190.thumb.jpeg.62079f6f3103c849c22c9db7d38d4db3.jpegIMG_7191.thumb.jpeg.e042b5e510e965bd4ab921d6bc652746.jpegIMG_7189.thumb.jpeg.ab0d5aa55e447159b71b4df167526a2d.jpeg

IMG_7167.thumb.jpeg.bc151eb8c6de2c9969998596e1b1eeeb.jpegIMG_7163.thumb.jpeg.6ff03669389c90768efbe55fe082b743.jpeg

Anthony...

What a great project, I'll love to see the final result. You already know if I can help with anything, I will be happy to collaborate in anything I can. Greetings. :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Franjo said:

Hello, I'm sorry I haven't been here in a long time, I've been very busy. Here I bring you a fanart of Lee Rekka, I was waiting to be able to draw another character from this game, but then it would take me too long. Hope you like.

Hi Franjo.

Oh my goodness!! What a beautiful artwork piece of Lee Rekka. This is like the best fan art I've seen from the community and so glad you came by to share this amazing masterpiece for us to enjoy Franko. Really like the color you use for it and helps it stand out from the rest. What a beauty it really is bro. :thumbsup: :)

Thank you for stopping by to share it Franjo. It really is stunning to say the least. Looking forward to see more from you in the future my good man. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1