IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

『アケアカ2NEOGEO』始動。『KOF98』などの格ゲーがオンライン対戦可能に。プラットフォームはPS5/Xbox Series X|S https://famitsu.com/article/202405/5296 従来の『アケアカNEOGEO』にあるモードに加えて、“タイムアタックモード”と“ネットワークモード”が追加される。
Translated from Japanese by
"ACA 2 NEOGEO" launched. Fighting games such as "KOF98" can now be played online. Platforms are PS5/Xbox Series X|S https://famitsu.com/article/202405/5296 In addition to the modes available in the existing ACA NEOGEO, a "Time Attack Mode" and a "Network Mode" will be added.

GN2jhwra0AE8ZwB?format=jpg&name=small

GN2jiEPbUAAXXlj?format=jpg&name=360x360

GN2jiYbbsAIx-7F?format=jpg&name=360x360

“ACA 2NEOGEO” will start this summer. Fighting games such as ``KOF98'' can now be played online. Platform is PS5/Xbox Series X|S [ACA 10th anniversary event]

2024.05.19 07:48

“ACA 2NEOGEO” will start this summer. Fighting games such as ``KOF98'' can now be played online. Platform is PS5/Xbox Series X|S [ACA 10th anniversary event]

“Arcade Archives 10th Anniversary Event” was held at Futakotamagawa Rise Hall in Setagaya, Tokyo on May 18, 2024. On that stage, SNK and Hamster revealed that ` `ACA 2 NEOGEO '' is scheduled to launch in summer 2024 for PlayStation 5 (PS5)/Xbox Series X|S .

" Arcade Archives " is a project to reproduce classic arcade games from the 1980s and 1990s. Among this project, the reprints of SNK's NEOGEO titles are called `` ACA NEOGEO '', and 108 titles have been reprinted for Nintendo Switch / PlayStation 4 (PS4) / Xbox One / PC (Windows 10) so far.
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]Some of the screens were captured from the broadcast.

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

500RT 今夏より『アケアカ2NEOGEO』始動。『KOF98』などの格ゲーがオンライン対戦可能に。プラットフォームはPS5/Xbox Series X|S【アケアカ10周年イベント】 https://famitsu.com/article/202405/5296
500RT "ACA 2 NEOGEO" will be launched this summer. Fighting games such as "KOF98" will be available for online battles. Platforms are PS5/Xbox Series X|S [ACA 10th Anniversary Event] https://famitsu.com/article/202405/5296

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Apparently my video capture device doesn’t like the video output of my MVS, which is why I can’t get a crystal clear recording. It figures! It works on my Neo-Geo CD at least. I still have plenty of Neo CD games to record, fortunately, so expect more of that in the future.

Now it’s time for Top Hunter on MVS!

• Like 3

My latest entry in my nostalgic trip entitled "20 From 1992" features the cool and possibly underrated NINJA COMMANDO.  Played this a long time ago, but didn't realize the special moves each character can execute.  3 ninjas try to take down a terrorist and his evil corporation, and have to travel through time to do so.  This run and gun game forces your ninja in a position where they are facing upwards, and can only fire shurikens/kunai/flaming arrows left and right while dodging and pressing the fire button-- which tosses the projectile in the OPPOSITE direction!  Kind of annoying, but necessary so you can pull off the special moves (which are joystick/button combinations) seamlessly.  You can also utilize special animal-based attacks when you collect 3 scrolls, which give you brief invincibility as you lay waste to as many enemies as you can during this time.  Also, you can use a magic attack that uses up a little of your precious life.. I say "precious" because as you get further in the game and take on tougher bosses, their attacks wipe out your life bar like nothing!  And you have no extra lives!  Some frustrating aspects are far outweighed by the game's many pluses, which include running dialogue (via text) by your character throughout the game!  Great fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Apparently my video capture device doesn’t like the video output of my MVS, which is why I can’t get a crystal clear recording. It figures! It works on my Neo-Geo CD at least. I still have plenty of Neo CD games to record, fortunately, so expect more of that in the future.

Now it’s time for Top Hunter on MVS!

Great little beat em' up. Gorgeous graphics. I can play it for about 30 mins, then gets a bit tedious thou...

I'm definitely buying it for my NEO-GEO CD collection thou. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, retrorussell said:

My latest entry in my nostalgic trip entitled "20 From 1992" features the cool and possibly underrated NINJA COMMANDO.  Played this a long time ago, but didn't realize the special moves each character can execute.  3 ninjas try to take down a terrorist and his evil corporation, and have to travel through time to do so.  This run and gun game forces your ninja in a position where they are facing upwards, and can only fire shurikens/kunai/flaming arrows left and right while dodging and pressing the fire button-- which tosses the projectile in the OPPOSITE direction!  Kind of annoying, but necessary so you can pull off the special moves (which are joystick/button combinations) seamlessly.  You can also utilize special animal-based attacks when you collect 3 scrolls, which give you brief invincibility as you lay waste to as many enemies as you can during this time.  Also, you can use a magic attack that uses up a little of your precious life.. I say "precious" because as you get further in the game and take on tougher bosses, their attacks wipe out your life bar like nothing!  And you have no extra lives!  Some frustrating aspects are far outweighed by the game's many pluses, which include running dialogue (via text) by your character throughout the game!  Great fun.

Yes I agree, the fact you have to move the stick in the opposite direction for special attacks is slightly annoying.

Love this Shooter!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, retrorussell said:

Thank you so much for stopping by to share your video of Ninja Commando with us Russ. I use to be curious and didn't know what to make of it seeing it its a Run n Gun Game. Then it grew on me and loved it ever since. Always a pleasure seeing you post away with us bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

One collector reviews Windjammers:

Great video this is Slidel. Thank you for sharing this  for us to view and always glad you come by to post with us bro. You do plenty for us here on AtariAge for sure :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

真サム商品 【真サム30th Tシャツ】 ブラック/ホワイト 各種 M / L / XL ¥4,950(税込) 命をかけた大活劇 "真サムライスピリッツ 覇王丸地獄変" 30周年記sの幕が上がる 表示価格より40%OFF Half Anniversary Thanks Sale いよいよ本日が最終日 #BGMT
 True Sam products   [True Sam 30th T-shirt]  Black/White M / L / XL   ¥4,950 (tax included) A life-threatening action drama  "True Samurai Spirits: Haohmaru Hell Transformation" The 30th anniversary celebration begins  40% OFF the listed price  Half Anniversary Thanks Sale  Today is the last day  #BGMT

GN6wRj6aMAAfL_n?format=jpg&name=small

GN6wRj5acAAgWF4?format=jpg&name=small

GN6wRj7acAEINsr?format=jpg&name=small

GN6wRj4acAAyEpf?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

KOF XIII GM商品 【KOF XIII GM ZIP PARKA】 M〜XXL  ¥15,400(税込) 火炎祓濯 孤高の紫炎 京と庵 緋と紫の炎が燃え盛る 着s地もデザインも全てが最高峰の一着 表示価格より40%OFF Half Anniversary Thanks Sale いよいよ本日が最終日 #BGMT
 KOF XIII GM products   [KOF XIII GM ZIP PARKA] M-XXL   ¥15,400 (tax included) Flame Exorcism  Solitary Purple Flame  Kyoto and Hermitage Scarlet and purple flames burn  The ultimate in comfort and design  40% OFF the listed price  Half Anniversary Thanks Sale  Today is the last day  #BGMT

GN7N_poaUAAnWS5?format=jpg&name=small

GN7N_pobsAAePCP?format=jpg&name=small

GN7N_pqbQAAWWDx?format=jpg&name=small

GN7N_pnbsAA5pl6?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Like 3

Hi guys,

令サム商品 【COSPA いろは 夕鶴の舞Tシャツ】 フロントは鳳麟・凰嘴と三つ指揃えた姿! バックは激しく且つ華麗なあの技! 『た、確かに人に化けてますけど 悪いことしてませんよ! ただ恩返しにこのTシャツ買いに行くだけです!』 ブラック L / XL ¥3,300(税込) #SNK #サムスピ #BGMT
 Rei Sam Products   [COSPA Iroha Yuzuru no Mai T-shirt] The front shows a phoenix, a phoenix beak and three fingers together! That back move is both intense and brilliant! "I-it's true that I am disguised as a human, but I'm not doing anything bad! I'm just going to buy this T-shirt to give back!"  Black L / XL  ¥3,300 (tax included) #SNK #サムスピ #BGMT

GN__8HPacAE4p9g?format=jpg&name=small

GN__8HRbYAAxpyV?format=jpg&name=small

GN__8HQboAAKf2B?format=jpg&name=small

GN__8HQaAAA3w4o?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

Let’s Bang Bang Buster Neo-Geo CD style!

I have a copy of this platformer and quite enjoy the game. I noticed PixelHeart are re-releasing it, so I may buy the original.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Bought this today for £60/$76...definitely buying the 2nd. When it arrives that seal is coming off! 💪🏻

Oh wow! Awesome to see this from you Shane. We can't wait to see you play it and buy Crossed Swords II next. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

"Arcade Archives 2 Neo Geo" Will Bring SNK's Classics To PS5 And Xbox Series S/X Complete with online play

by Damien McFerran  12pm

Arcade Archives 2 Neo Geo Will Bring SNK's Classics To PS5 And Xbox Series S/X 1  Image: Damien McFerran / Time Extension

Hamster has announced that it will be bringing Neo Geo games to the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X with time attack modes and online play.

The Arcade Archives range already includes a great many Neo Geo titles, which are playable on Switch, PS4, Xbox One, Windows, Android and iOS.

Hamster has confirmed that people who have already purchased these versions will be eligible for a discount when the same games come to PS5 and Xbox Series S/X.

SNK's rep came on stage for an announcement: "Arcade Archives 2 Neogeo" for PS5 & XS/X, a new initiative to refresh the ACA Neogeo catalogue for current consoles notably, ACA2 will newly feature time attack modes & online play

The Arcade Archives range is now ten years old and comprises more than 300 non-specific arcade games and over 100 Neo Geo games.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[Announcement] COMBO BREAKER 2024 has been certified as a qualifier for the SNK World Championship! The winner of the #KOFXV tournament will be invited to the finals of Championship on 2025. https://start.gg/tournament/combo-breaker-2024/ *Details of SWC 2025 will be announced at a later date. #SWC2025

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Anuncio: Estamos dando apoyo a este torneo a través de nuestro programa de ayuda e-sports! Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! http://start.gg/JustKOF #SNK #KOFXV

Anthony...

• Like 1