IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

My most recent NEO GEO video is a review of FATAL FURY SPECIAL.  The attention to detail in the backgrounds is truly amazing, as we see significant graphical improvements.  Depending on the time remaining in the match, or how many rounds you had to go, you may see additional things going by in the backgrounds.  This not only brings back Geese Howard from the dead, and lets you play as the boss characters from Fatal Fury 2 (which this game is basically an upgrade from), but also brings back Duck King and Tung Fu Rue!  Not only are all the other characters available (Andy, Terry, Joe, Mai, Bear, Kim, Jubei, and Cheng), but Ryo from Art of Fighting is unlocked as an opponent if you beat Krauser without a loss.  Important things to note in this game are: faster game speed, more line move attacks, a new combo system, and a move that each character has that can GO THROUGH any attack by their opponent.  The challenge here has spiked since Fatal Fury 2, so to combat this, USE THE LINE MOVE SYSTEM to your advantage!  Press Weak Punch and Weak Kick together to move to a different line (the background) and trust me, this often allows you to get the drop on your opponent.  Takes a bit of practice but for me it's easier than learning long-ass combos.  

Quote of the day:

Joe Higashi: High Gitty Pah!

• Thanks 1