IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

A Korean version? I haven't seen one of those in a while. Do you have a picture of that copy that you have?

There's not much to say about it. It's got an english repro label and an (aftermarket) transparent blue case, so most hints of it's koreanness are gone.

From the outside, the one next to it looks like it would be far more legit, but it's not. I usually don't get burned on the white SNK-G cases, but this time I happened to. It is the most professional boot I've seen, with a very clean and totally redesigned board, so I'm a little surprised there were issues. (I don't mind boots if they play right)

Thumbnail of the insides of the legit one are below. It blows up quite large. (MVS-Scan link for comparison)

I think the 'k' on the white sticker might indicates korean, but that's a pretty wild guess.

CmF26sDt.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

There's not much to say about it. It's got an english repro label and an (aftermarket) transparent blue case, so most hints of it's koreanness are gone.

From the outside, the one next to it looks like it would be far more legit, but it's not. I usually don't get burned on the white SNK-G cases, but this time I happened to. It is the most professional boot I've seen, with a very clean and totally redesigned board, so I'm a little surprised there were issues. (I don't mind boots if they play right)

Thumbnail of the insides of the legit one are below. It blows up quite large. (MVS-Scan link for comparison)

I think the 'k' on the white sticker might indicates korean, but that's a pretty wild guess.

CmF26sDt.jpg

Thank you for sharing this Reaper. I have to admit I do like the white cart shell though. I got burned in the past with similar situations like this. Now I learn for my mistakes!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

WAwhOZpm.jpg?1

The above tile coaster is one of my most 'unique' gaming collectibles--a real conversation starter. I picked it up a few years back, and can't recall posting it here. It came from a print-on-demand shop that popped up in 'The Vagina Monologue' over at the neo-geo forums, and I enjoyed myself in there enough for a silly purchase.

Like a lot of the drama there, it has a kind of a 'can't be real' feel, but it derails fairly spectacularly into musical tributes to Kerry Anne's strange (which have sadly been lost to the internet). It really starts getting good about here.

I won't spoil all the fun, but all things considered, it's one of the funniest threads I've read on any forum, and is well worth a browse.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

The above tile coaster is one of my most 'unique' gaming collectibles--a real conversation starter. I picked it up a few years back, and can't recall posting it here. It came from a print-on-demand shop that popped up in 'The Vagina Monologue' over at the neo-geo forums, and I enjoyed myself in there enough for a silly purchase.

Like a lot of the drama there, it has a kind of a 'can't be real' feel, but it derails fairly spectacularly into musical tributes to Kerry Anne's strange (which have sadly been lost to the internet). It really starts getting good about here.

I won't spoil all the fun, but all things considered, it's one of the funniest threads I've read on any forum, and is well worth a browse.

Hahahaha. Yep, I remember seeing and reading about that on the forums on there as well Reaper. I wanted to purchase one myself. But I never did. Now I have to go back to enjoy the thread again. :-D

Thanks Reaper for posting that here! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Here is today's KOF XIV screenshot!!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV https://youtu.be/C8WJvpKXwJk

Cq_sG29WgAA4KO0.jpg
7 retweets34 likes
Retweet
Liked

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介!#KOF14 #KOFXIV https://youtu.be/C8WJvpKXwJk

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: introducing the latest screenshot of KOF XIV! #KOF14 #KOFXIV https://youtu.be/C8WJvpKXwJk

Cq_r8XOXgAAjHgH.jpg
15 retweets28 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon were with Richie from Richie's Gaming, Gadgets & Gizmos, Here wer see the kind sir in action playing Neo-Geo titles on his GPD XD.

A really nicely done video with great gameplay and music to go along with it. Let's taks a look shall we? :)

From the description,

"I finally got some time to try out emulation on the GPD XD. To be honest, this Android game console is perfect for emulation. In this video we look at NEO GEO emulation. Enjoy!"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon were with M-Nito playing Shock Troopers 2nd Squad for the Neo-Geo. A nicely done video that's worth watching with some popcorn and soda pop. :-D

From the description,

"Shock Troopers 2, more explosions, more prerendered graphics.

Played on the MAME emulator, I do have a MVS cartridge and when i get my CMVS i will show it off."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wea2ODvsu3g

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gentleman by the name of J. Chappy. Chappy is finishing up on his CMVS unit and he wanted to show us his soon-to-be complete unit for him to play awesome Neo-Geo titles.

Thanks Chappy for sharing this. Looks awesome bro.

Anthony...

Hey guys – what are your thoughts on the SNK Classics Collection and Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2?

I played the Metal Slug Anthology many years ago and recently purchased it again on eBay, seeing as I won't have an Omega CMVS for a while yet. I heard there's some input lag (which is to be expected, I guess, for any of these arcade compilations). Any of y'all have experience with these?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey guys – what are your thoughts on the SNK Classics Collection and Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2?

I played the Metal Slug Anthology many years ago and recently purchased it again on eBay, seeing as I won't have an Omega CMVS for a while yet. I heard there's some input lag (which is to be expected, I guess, for any of these arcade compilations). Any of y'all have experience with these?

Thanks!

Hey Bixler,

I have both Metal Slug Anthology and SNK Classics Collection on the PS2. I'm glad you have both because they really are fantastic to have in your collection. I experienced some lag on it does to it being a port. But they don't bother me none. :)

If you like, pickup World Heroes Anthology for the PS2 as well. Another great titles to have in your collection too. :)

Thanks for posting Bix. See you soon and feel free to write if we can assist you any further! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. Maybe these cracks are the drawns in the desert that K',Kula and Maxima found in XIII story mode?#KOFXIV

CrFVAUdWYAAl5gS.jpg
    0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  2. CrFVGKqWgAAN1Ya.jpg
    CrFVGcfXEAENwrw.jpg
    0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Andrew from TheBackoffice. Here we see him in action with Metal Slug. Special guest is Simon Lock.

From the description,

"I was feeling a little poorly so the fantastic #retrogame expert Simon Lock @A3rgan made today's video! SNK time!"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

CrHYoGtXEAAVL33.jpg
2 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked
CrHWVZTWgAAS66m.jpg
1 retweet1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with FGF Chris (NeoGeoFanatic) doing what he does best. Here, we see him in action in KOF XIV in survival mode as Mai Shiranui.

From the description,

"Playing through KOF 14 Survival Mode as Mai Shiranui... And my yammering about my experience with the game, with insight and impressions... Even tho I sound like a doofus as always :P"

Anthony...