IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

肉体造形部全メンバーです!!! これからステージでKOFのパフォーマンスやるのでよかったら見てください1f4aa.png第3幕です! ↓↓↓ http://nico.ms/lv274486985 #肉体造形部 #KOF #TGS2016

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

All members of the body art! From this stage isn't KOF's performance so you look is a three-Act! ↓↓↓ http://nico.ms/lv274486985 #肉体造形部 #KOF #TGS2016

Csi7l0tUkAEv8Cd.jpg
424 retweets449 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【TGS2016 1日目】 Billyさん@Billy_Blue_8 テリー・ボガード ありがとうございました! #TGS2016 #TGS

[2016 TGS day 1: Billy's @Billy_Blue_8 and Terry Bogard thank you very much! #TGS2016 #TGS

CsjIdxGUEAAQjiq.png
CsjIeQtVYAEHKVZ.png
291 retweets319 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Well, today's mail left me a couple interesting items.

Firstly a controller that started life as a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3, but now has been converted to Neo Geo. The HRAP3 generally comes with a Sanwa JLF stick, and Hori buttons, but the buttons have been upgraded to match the MVS color scheme. I'm guessing the buttons are now sanwa, but it's actually a pain to open this stick so I haven't checked. I'm not really a big fan of sanwa controls. The sticks can be modded to be okay (stiffer springs, bigger actuators) but this specific unit has instead been fitted with an oversize(?) balltop which amplifies the sanwa jlf's problems, IMO. As-is, I'm not a big fan of this controller, but I'm going to guess that the world's sanwa fans would just love it. I'm currently deciding if I'm going to perform mods--most importantly some artwork.

Off to the side, I've got a fresh copy of Puzzled (aka joy joy kid) which is a puzzler that borrows heavily from tetris, but actually plays about as differently as it can. It is not an easy game, and I'm still feeling it out. It plays much faster than tetris to compensate for an easier mechanic where blocks above a completed line gain gravity and fall often completing more lines. For example, situations almost as bad as the one pictured below could be winnable with just a couple well placed pieces.

Also in the news, I've been tracking my MVS collection in a spreadsheet, and I currently have 69 of 148 games (the list doesn't count the unofficial releases we've been seeing a lot of recently). This means I'm just 5 games away from owning half of the original MVS library.

oR1YpZom.jpg ZFsdo7u.png

MVS collection checklist.zip

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Well, today's mail left me a couple interesting items.

Firstly a controller that started life as a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3, but now has been converted to Neo Geo. The HRAP3 generally comes with a Sanwa JLF stick, and Hori buttons, but the buttons have been upgraded to match the MVS color scheme. I'm guessing the buttons are now sanwa, but it's actually a pain to open this stick so I haven't checked. I'm not really a big fan of sanwa controls. The sticks can be modded to be okay (stiffer springs, bigger actuators) but this specific unit has instead been fitted with an oversize(?) balltop which amplifies the sanwa jlf's problems, IMO. As-is, I'm not a big fan of this controller, but I'm going to guess that the world's sanwa fans would just love it. I'm currently deciding if I'm going to perform mods--most importantly some artwork.

Off to the side, I've got a fresh copy of Puzzled (aka joy joy kid) which is a puzzler that borrows heavily from tetris, but actually plays about as differently as it can. It is not an easy game, and I'm still feeling it out. It plays much faster than tetris to compensate for an easier mechanic where blocks above a completed line gain gravity and fall often completing more lines. For example, situations almost as bad as the one pictured below could be winnable with just a couple well placed pieces.

Also in the news, I've been tracking my MVS collection in a spreadsheet, and I currently have 69 of 148 games (the list doesn't count the unofficial releases we've been seeing a lot of recently). This means I'm just 5 games away from owning half of the original MVS library.

Hey Reaper,

Wow...That's amazing to here what's been going on with you lately with your Neo-Geo goodies. Nice to know that your about half way into the MVS collection and setting yourself plenty of goals to achieve with it. Glad that you got yourself a new copy of Puzzled and making good use of it. :thumbsup:

That Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 that was converted into a Neo-Geo is awesome bro. Its interesting to know the modifications that was done on this. Really makes me think the possibilities this control has for other uses in the future! :)

Thank you as always Reaper. Keep up the great work like you usually do! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

作品:KOF キャラ名:アンヘル #肉体造形部

KOF character name: Angel #肉体造形部

CsinWzPUMAAx5vK.jpg
375 retweets618 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

「東京ゲームショウ2016」コスプレスペースレポート!肉体造形部の皆様!@nikutaizoukeibu #コスROMBOX #東京ゲームショウ2016

"Tokyo game show 2016 cosplay space report! Our body art Department! @nikutaizoukeibu #コスROMBOX #東京ゲームショウ2016

CskWTYSVIAEsTfx.jpg
CskWTeGVYAAV7Nz.jpg
11 retweets26 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with The Kaylied Gamer doing another fantastic video. Here, we see the kind sir play Viewpoint for the NGCD.

From the description,

"Brief gameplay video and commentary purely for entertainment purposes only - look... this aint world of longplays ok ;-)
Genuine NGCD Software played on NTSCJ NeoGeo CD Console .
AV is 60hz RGB on 25" CRT.:

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey AAers,

Next up in my 20 From 1993 series is FATAL FURY SPECIAL. This is my 2nd favorite in the series (behind REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL). Improved graphics and added animations to the background, and new characters (including playable boss characters and opponents from previous FF games)-- and one hidden unlockable opponent, known as RYO SAKAZKAZI from Art of Fighting-- all combine to make one hell of a followup/sequel. What a great game!

• Like 1

Hey AAers,

Next up in my 20 From 1993 series is FATAL FURY SPECIAL. This is my 2nd favorite in the series (behind REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL). Improved graphics and added animations to the background, and new characters (including playable boss characters and opponents from previous FF games)-- and one hidden unlockable opponent, known as RYO SAKAZKAZI from Art of Fighting-- all combine to make one hell of a followup/sequel. What a great game!

Hey Russ,

Thank you for posting your Fatal Fury Special video from your 1993 countdown series that you have for us to enjoy. One of my top titles from the Fatal Fury series that really improved were it previously left off with FF2. Andy's, Tung Fu Rue, and Duck King had the best looking stages and the games controllers were a lot smoother! :)

Thank you as always Russ. We can't wait to see more from you. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. CspqRoaUMAAiG1I.jpg
    CspqSJjVIAAeWTx.jpg
    CspqSoQVUAA-R1W.jpg
    0 retweets2 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  2. Big thanks to @Dash_no_Chris for picking up #NeoBomberman on your Japan trip. Thanks mate! #NeoGeo #mvs

Cspoz3OUMAAV5s5.jpg
    0 retweets4 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
    More

Anthony

Hi guys,

Back again with The Kaylied Gamer doing what he does best. Here, we see the kind sir playing Ninja Commando for the NGCD.

Ninja Commando - ADK - NeoGeoCD - NTSCJ
Brief gameplay demo - Genuine SNK CDRom played on NTSCJ NeoGeoCD console
Note : This is not a world of longplays gameplay video ha ha ;-) .. lol

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys.

Here is today's KOF XIV screenshot!!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CswelTJVIAEbzQj.jpg
16 retweets60 likes
Retweet

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介!#KOF14 #KOFXIV

CswedZYVYAAI9j0.jpg