IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Been playing Neo XYX the last couple of days, albeit on Dreamcast.. It's a decently made game, but it's a little buggy.. the small medals don't add up at the end of a stage, and I've had three different instances of the game completely freezing on me.. Buggy release, it seems. :|

Been playing Neo XYX the last couple of days, albeit on Dreamcast.. It's a decently made game, but it's a little buggy.. the small medals don't add up at the end of a stage, and I've had three different instances of the game completely freezing on me.. Buggy release, it seems. :|

That's a bummer to here. The quality of new DC releases are going down. After the Dux/Redux disaster, I don't think I'm goign to be dealing with NGDev or HuCast. At least Sturmwind was excellent. Hopefully it doesn't prevent others from releasing for the DC, because...

That's correct Vince!

For those that aren't familiar with this product. Knights Chance is a new gambling game that is during the medieval time period The game will be soon released for the MVS system . Its also been mention that an AES release will debut shortly.

Jeff Kurtz (JMKurtz) at Neobitz is a popular and a respect member in the Neo-Geo community. He is a great programmer and trusted by many on the forums and outside the community. Unlike some members on the forums at neo-geo.com that have a checkered past, Jeff has gained the confidence from the Neo-Geo members overall. If you have questions on Knight's Chance, please contact him regarding this game or if you have questions regarding the Neo.

Here is a Youtube video to view it for yourself!

Anthony...

Any idea if this is going to be made for the DC?

Edit: Or NGCD or another 5th gen system, since it looks like it could be ported to those, too, graphics-wise.

Edited by o.pwuaioc

Edit: Or NGCD or another 5th gen system, since it looks like it could be ported to those, too, graphics-wise.

I would like to see more of these Neo Geo releases being made available on the Neo CD. Last Hope is a great example that it is possible, and that one in particular also showed that you could have excellent visuals on the Neo CD, without long load times.

That's a bummer to here. The quality of new DC releases are going down. After the Dux/Redux disaster, I don't think I'm goign to be dealing with NGDev or HuCast. At least Sturmwind was excellent. Hopefully it doesn't prevent others from releasing for the DC, because...

Any idea if this is going to be made for the DC?

As far as I know. Its going to be for the MVS and AES! But you can e-mail Jeff and ask if its possible!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hey I just got into neo geo this year by picking up a neo geo cd unit and been buying games to build my new collection.

I was wondering is last hope available for the neo geo cd?

If so where could I buy one at?

Thanks!

The original version of Last Hope was available on NGCD. I haven't seen it on Ebay for a while and it was going for over $100 the last time I saw it!

Anthony...

Yes, some of the members were complaining about that on neo-geo.com forums as well. But I think the MVS version didn't have those types of problems. The reprints for XYX is going to improve their bugs for the MVS version (from what I heard) using wooden shells this time. ;-)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here is the latest from NGDEVTEAM from their Facebook page.

Dear NEOGEO customers,

Our NEOGEO MVS back catalog is back in stock. All MVS items listed are in stock and ship within 3 business days.

The remaining stock of NEO XYX AES [LE] is now ready to pre order too. Only few units are left. Production of NEO XYX AES starts within the next 2 weeks.

Pink Bullets AES LE will follow soon after NEO XYX AES LE is sold out.

Best regards,
NG : DEV . TEAM

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

As an avid MVS gamer, I'd be a lot more excited about this thread if it didn't seem like an NG:Dev promo disguised as a Neo-Geo appreciation thread.

Maybe not enough NG owners? I know I only own a NGCD and NGPC. Perhaps a mod could split out the promo-y material into a separate thread.

Maybe not enough NG owners? I know I only own a NGCD and NGPC. Perhaps a mod could split out the promo-y material into a separate thread.

I'm pretty sure this thread was designed largely as a catch-all for the promo stuff. It just happens to be done in a way that's broad enough for everything else too. Previously Neo Geo discussions popped up every now and again in the arcade section where nobody saw them.

Since I'm already posting, I recently snagged a buy-it-now for KoF 2003 MVS. $56 shipped, with shockbox. Because I'm such a cheapskate, I have very few shockboxed games and even fewer complete kits. There were only two licensed games made after this one, so it will be the newest, and largest, Neo Geo game in my collection--I can't wait for it to get here. What I'm reading suggests that it's a pretty big departure from the standard KoF gameplay.

post-17659-0-56767400-1397094600_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure this thread was designed largely as a catch-all for the promo stuff. It just happens to be done in a way that's broad enough for everything else too. Previously Neo Geo discussions popped up every now and again in the arcade section where nobody saw them.

Since I'm already posting, I recently snagged a buy-it-now for KoF 2003 MVS. $56 shipped, with shockbox. Because I'm such a cheapskate, I have very few shockboxed games and even fewer complete kits. There were only two licensed games made after this one, so it will be the newest, and largest, Neo Geo game in my collection--I can't wait for it to get here. What I'm reading suggests that it's a pretty big departure from the standard KoF gameplay.

attachicon.gif2003.JPG

Hey that is a nice deal you got. Nicely done!

Anthony...

attachicon.gif2003.JPG

03 is one of my favorites in the series. It's got good move lists, good animation and graphics. The story is pretty weak but whatever.

• Like 2

Inexcusable. They had ample time to get it right.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

For those that are new in collecting for the Neo-Geo, here is a nice video that can help give you a general idea on what to expect. It was done in the Summer of 2013 by "Project COE"

On their Youtube About section, "Project COE is a one of a kind group. We pride ourselves in delivering quality reviews"

Enjoy this neat video.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Neo XYX MVS update version is available from NGDEVTEAM if anybody has this version! Here is what they said on their Facebook page!

NEO XYX MVS update version 1.3. An update for NEO XYX MVS is now available by email request.

v1.3

- Added "Easy/training" mode (no score saving)
- Reduced boss safespots (S1,S3,S4,S5)
- Remaining lives bonus at game end
- Added DIP setting for "training mode", can be disabled for coin-op
- Improved CMVS / AES mode support (force "TATE" with holding 'A' button on startup)

------------------------

v1.1

- Bug fixes
- Improved CMVS / AES mode support (reads DIP settings on a CMVS set to AES mode)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Jeff Kurtz of Neobitz has announced today that Knight's Chance games are shipping today. Here is what he said.

"Knight's Chance MVS CE kits have started shipping.

You should get an email from USPS when your order is being prepared to ship and I hope to have all orders shipped out over the next two weeks".

Thanks,
Jeff

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Jeff Kurtz at Neobitz said a small amount of the collectors edition of Knights Chance is still available. This is what he said.

. "A limited amount of Knight's Chance Collector's Edition MVS Kits are in stock"

"We're still shipping pre-orders so any new orders will be shipped after we're caught up."

Anthony...

I tried to replace my laser on my NGCD, since it didn't work. And now...it doesn't work even more. Anyone here want to fix it for some monies? :(

I see that you live in NYC. Have you tried going to Chinatown at the local mom & pop stores in the local areas that handle video games!?

Anthony...

I haven't. Do you recommend a certain one for fixing? I know there is VGNY and 8bit and Up right near me, but I haven't been by there yet either.

There is a place in the Bronx called Fordham Game World that I purchased my NGCD years ago. They relocated a few blocks over from the 4 line subway station.The guy still works there and fixes games systems and he did the lens for it! If you goggle the store, the number will pop up! I think he offers good rates!

Anthony...