IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Announcement: a KOF XIV tournament has been announced. We look forward for your participation! #KOF14 #KOFXIV https://www.facebook.com/events/1833544733531503/

0 replies0 retweets7 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

METAL SLUG ATTACK: The event "Chocolate of the Dead" is now available! #MSA

Anthony..

Whoops,

Made an error on my part with the incorrect upload above. Here's the correct video.

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

The good people at NeoSD are back with Jukebox.

From the description,

"Jukebox User Interface is still work in progress, functionality is finished but UI is being improved.

New Jukebox function added to NEOSD.
We are working on a new firmware update with much more aditions
Video shows NEOSD AES, but its already done on MVS aswell"

Anthony...

Hey everyone. As you know I'm in the market for Neo Geo hardware. I've had a few false leads over the past year. I almost purchased a two slot arcade cabinet just a few weeks ago, but the guy pulled the sale at the last minute. I also almost purchased an AES console, but when I went to see it in person it was in far worse shape than the seller had originally described.

So now I'm considering buying a consolized MVS. It's something I had considered as an option in the past, but honestly the AES was always the system of my dreams back in my youth. Owning one would still be a dream come true.

That's why I'm giving strong consideration to the Neo Geo Omega from Arcade Works. I'd love to get some opinions on this console. Have any of you had experience with it? My only hands on time with the Omega was at E3 when it would occasionally appear in the Video Game History Museum. It's a really amazing looking piece of tech. It has all the benefits of MVS hardware with cool AES styling.

What do you folks think?

post-27032-0-88409400-1486688919_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey everyone. As you know I'm in the market for Neo Geo hardware. I've had a few false leads over the past year. I almost purchased a two slot arcade cabinet just a few weeks ago, but the guy pulled the sale at the last minute. I also almost purchased an AES console, but when I went to see it in person it was in far worse shape than the seller had originally described.

So now I'm considering buying a consolized MVS. It's something I had considered as an option in the past, but honestly the AES was always the system of my dreams back in my youth. Owning one would still be a dream come true.

That's why I'm giving strong consideration to the Neo Geo Omega from Arcade Works. I'd love to get some opinions on this console. Have any of you had experience with it? My only hands on time with the Omega was at E3 when it would occasionally appear in the Video Game History Museum. It's a really amazing looking piece of tech. It has all the benefits of MVS hardware with cool AES styling.

What do you folks think?

Hi Dr,

Glad to see you back and still having the interest on purchasing an Neo-Geo. :) I personally still would recommend the Omega for your CMVS enjoyment. I feel its reasonably priced, well made, and certainly an all round great value of a unit to have to play MVS titles. Others feel the same and I believe it will be to your liking as well. So you got my approval for sure! :)

In regards to your remark about always being your dream owning an AES console, I feel that the chance of you acquiring one is now even greater than before. If you take into consideration the price to purchase a new PS4, XboxOne and a Nintendo Switch, you can do the same on purchasing a Japanese AES, Plus if your technically incline, you can pickup a repairable system that is considerably cheaper than a working version and do it yourself.. Another positive action is that we now have the NeoSD flash cart that plays just about all of the Neo-Geo titles in the SNK library. Plus Darksoft's version will be available soon to the community to purchase to compete with the NeoSD. So instead of building a huge AES collection, you can have it all in just one cartridge shell! :)

If you also notice from previous postings and photos, some of our members like ChaosEX, Tanooki, Neo64, thorodinson, and myself are taking advantage ever since the NeoSD flash card became available. Prices on MVS and AES goodies have been less as of late and were taking advantage of them in which the sellers are coming out of the woodworks since most obtain the NeoSD. So, owning those cartridges are no longer needed and making room for other material possessions to have! :)

I can speck for myself on saying this much, if you take a look at my loose collection of AES games that I uploaded here on the thread, I'm certainly enjoying the price drop on these games. In fact, I'll be showing my February loose pickups for my AES carts up soon to give you an idea what I'm mentioning about! :)

Thank you for stopping by Dr. If you have anymore queries that you have to address, feel free to write. Wil be glad to help you as much as we could. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

That's really great news about the prices on the AES carts. I'm the kind of guy who will buy an SD Cart but still will also purchase original carts as well. There's just something about owning original carts.

By the way, is there a good price guide online for AES carts? I might actually buy a few from a local collector but I want to make sure I'm getting a decent price.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

As an apology for all the political tweets, here is my Neo Geo AES and an incredibly rare (and valuable) carrying bag.

C3Ic8_iUkAEzP_P.jpg
4 replies0 retweets8 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony..

I've been meaning to register here forever. fdurso finding me on Twitter and posting this was the push I needed. I sold the case at the SoCal Retro Gaming Expo in Ontario, CA last weekend to another vendor who was wearing a vintage Neo Geo shirt. The case is super cool, but I have a limited budget for my personal collection and prefer to spend it on games. So I bought a really nice, complete Alpha Mission II with the proceeds. :)

What do you folks think?

I talked to the guys from Arcade Works at the aforementioned expo. They had an Omega there and I messed with it quite a bit. The build quality was fantastic and from everything I've read/heard, the stuff inside the pretty shell is great too. In fact, now that I know my AES works, I am planning to sell it and go for the Omega myself.

Now, if I can talk myself into keeping my boxed CDZ, I'll be set on consoles I wanted as a kid but could never afford!

• Like 2

I've been meaning to register here forever. fdurso finding me on Twitter and posting this was the push I needed. :)

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for enlisting onto Atariage and participating on, The Official NEO-GEO Thread. We glad to have youe here my good man. Welcome aboard! :waving:

Please enjoy your stay with the many entertaining postings that we have to offer to the community. Were glad to accept new members here and happy to have you partake to the many conversations that we have on the Neo-Geo thread. Much obliged kind sir. We can wait to see what you have in store for us! :)

If you have any inquires that pertain to the Neo-Geo, feel free to post here onto the thread. Will be thrilled to answer you as prompt as possible. You're also welcome to retract on the many pages that we accumulated here on the Neo-Geo thread as well. Hopefully, we have a posting that will be to your benefit for you . :)

Thank you again Jeff for posting and sharing your words of wisdom. Its a pleasure meeting you. Hope you have all the fun here on the Neo-Geo thread and on Atariage.com! :)

Anthony...

That's really great news about the prices on the AES carts. I'm the kind of guy who will buy an SD Cart but still will also purchase original carts as well. There's just something about owning original carts.

By the way, is there a good price guide online for AES carts? I might actually buy a few from a local collector but I want to make sure I'm getting a decent price.

Awesome to know and you're welcome Dr. :) :thumbsup:

As far as an AES price guide, you do have one on neo-geo.com. But that list is well over 13 years old to rely on in regards to its pricing. The availability brackets on the games are still valid I would say. I would have to find one to see if anyone else has an up-to-date version of it.

Thank you again Dr. See you soon! :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

The King of Fighters '96 #ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ’96 by #SNK for the #segasaturn #セガサターン #arcade #NeoGeo #kof advertising paper japan

C4SkLjbWMAAPg9j.jpg
0 replies0 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. #NeoGeo STICK 2 USB CONTROLLER PLAYSTATION 3 #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/yqjzAIXJZo

C4Ozg05WcAARUgi.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet2 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  2. C4NjZNxWMAEtMtt.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
  3. Black SNK/#NeoGeo Pocket "Color" Handheld Console, 2 Games Metal Slug 2, Unitron #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/oqsWOpJxNS

C4Q_ZRDWcAMc6As.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Si toi aussi t'as connu #FatalFury, Mei1f496.png, Andy et Terry sur #NeoGeo , cet article est pour toi ! 1f579.png27a1.pnghttp://bit.ly/2kjaQAA

Translated from French by BingWrong translation?

If you also have you had #FatalFury, Mei , Andy and Terry on #NeoGeo, this article is for you! ➡️http://bit.ly/2kjaQAA

C3ai-jUWYAAA2-4.jpg
0 replies3 retweets8 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

A 4th post for my #NeoGeo @retroist series is coming soon! Catch up with this handy link: http://www.retroist.com/tag/neogeoart/

C3gdEyaW8AEewWB.jpg
0 replies1 retweet2 likes
Retweet
Liked

retroist-logo.png

ADK.jpg?fit=700%2C425 Give it all you got with the Aggressors of Dark Kombat!

If you’re a developer looking for a cool name for your latest one-on-one punch-up in the arcades, please stop reading now. Seriously, arcade and Neo Geo title Aggressors of Dark Kombat, should have stuck with its Japanese name of GanGan!

First, Kombat. With a K. Really?

Second, Aggressors? Really?! I would have gone with Warriors, or Fighters. or pretty much any other aggressive sounding word that isn’t actually aggressive.

Third, why is the aggressive combat ‘dark‘? I’ve played the game, watched countless videos, read as much as I can about the title, and I’m still clueless about the darkness!

ADK_flyer.jpg?resize=646%2C915

To understand this nonsensical name, let’s look at who developed this game, Alpha Denshi Corp. Or A.D.K. if you follow their own shorthand. So, they took their own company name as inspiration? This is from a developer that had previously created the “World Heroes” series. Sigh.

First time in the world! An astounding and realistic 3-D battle

Despite its uninspiring westernised name, Aggressors has plenty to enjoy. The ‘Kombat’ is solid, arcade-friendly button mashing with a few neat twists. Fights are only one round, but each combatant has a health bar that has several layers. Each player fills a ‘crazy’ meter as they fight, allowing the player to unleash a devastating finishing move which is a lot of fun to watch. You can also move outside of the usual 2D plane, though this particular innovation wasn’t the game-changer that it was hyped to be.

ADK_characters.jpg?resize=646%2C223

Characters in Aggressors of Dark Kombat are a mixed bunch. Of the eight fighters, only one is female, and you never see their names whilst playing! My favourite character is American Bobby “Brown Bullet” Nelson, a basketball player who fights to become famous. Obviously he does this by travelling the world, beating people up with his basketball.

Watch the ‘Bullet‘ battle though in this video:

As you’ll see and hear in the gameplay video, GanGan (as I prefer to think of it) has some really nice touches. The music is great, especially when the tempo rises during the final layer of a players health gauge. Backgrounds look great in most levels. The animation is limited, but I love the old lady walking her dog, ignoring the fight.

Weapons are a feature too, usually thrown in by the crowd, adding a touch of Final Fight to the occasion. Notice also the copious amounts of sweat falling from the fighers – not blood, but sweat!

ADK_credo.jpg?resize=646%2C917

Finally, it is worth reading the ADK “Fighters Credo”:

1. Keep quiet and just fight!
2. Attack hand and gain power points! (whatever this means)
3. No rules, get them with weapons!
4. Throw ’em! Get ’em! Break their bones!

Yes, to put an end to the fight, anything goes to beat up your enemies!

This post continues a new series from me:
An irreverent and artistic A-Z of Neo Geo Gaming.

FEBRUARY 1, 2017HAYDEN YALE

Anthony...

Hey NEOphiles!

Newest entry in my 20 From 1996 features another NEO GEO title: the great golf game NEO TURF MASTERS! The obviously Japanese announcer in the game does well enough with their command of English but their nationality is pretty obvious.. when you reach the green they shout "ON DA GWEEEEEN!!!". :)

• Like 1

Hey NEOphiles!

Newest entry in my 20 From 1996 features another NEO GEO title: the great golf game NEO TURF MASTERS! The obviously Japanese announcer in the game does well enough with their command of English but their nationality is pretty obvious.. when you reach the green they shout "ON DA GWEEEEEN!!!". :)

Well done with Neo Turf Masters Russ. :thumbsup:

This has to be my favorite Golf titles ever made. It was made 6 years after the Neo-Geo was available to play and a sport title that is amazing from A-Z. Glad you shared this with us bro. Awesome job as always.

Thank you as usual Russ! :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Me demandez pas pourquoi mais j'ai une Neo Geo dans ma table de chevet :/ #neogeo #snk #aes http://ift.tt/2kMG1oe

Translated from French by BingWrong translation?

Don't ask me why but I have a Neo Geo in my nightstand :/ #neogeo #snk #aes http://ift.tt/2kMG1oe

C3hKlyyWEAE0afP.jpg
0 replies2 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...