IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Neo has a bunch of fighters (World Heroes is my favorite series!) but there are lots of shooters, beat 'em ups and puzzle games on the Neo-Geo that makes it worth having even if you don't like fighters. I think the system is worth it just for Crossed Swords :)

• Like 1

Neo has a bunch of fighters (World Heroes is my favorite series!) but there are lots of shooters, beat 'em ups and puzzle games on the Neo-Geo that makes it worth having even if you don't like fighters. I think the system is worth it just for Crossed Swords :)

World Heroes series I love (especially 2 Jet) I also like playing "The Super Spy" and thought that was a true technological breakthrough in a first person prospective for its time in 1990. I've been trying to get the carton box version for a while. But the Japanese sellers are the only ones I see that supply them and the S&H that they want (with the product cost) from Japan is high.

Crossed Swords is another great game that I need to play again. Its about 5 years since I played in on the MVS & AES. Too bad I don't have CSII for the Neo Geo CD! :(

Anthony...

World Heroes series I love (especially 2 Jet) I also like playing "The Super Spy" and thought that was a true technological breakthrough in a first person prospective for its time in 1990. I've been trying to get the carton box version for a while. But the Japanese sellers are the only ones I see that supply them and the S&H that they want (with the product cost) from Japan is high.

Crossed Swords is another great game that I need to play again. Its about 5 years since I played in on the MVS & AES. Too bad I don't have CSII for the Neo Geo CD! :(

Anthony...

I have only one carton box in my collection, it is Ghost Pilots.

One of my favorite games, I realize it isn't a spectacular game, but the graphics are solid and mindless shooting can be fun :)

• Like 1

I have only one carton box in my collection, it is Ghost Pilots.

One of my favorite games, I realize it isn't a spectacular game, but the graphics are solid and mindless shooting can be fun :)

My brother loves Ghost Pilots and plays it on both my CMVS and AES. We used to go to a Dairy Queen in Paramus, NJ in the early-mid 1990s to play this game and spent like 7 dollars in quarters in co-op mode. Such a great game.

Try Viewpoint. Its my brothers second favorite game on the Neo-Geo. He spend almost an equal amount of time and money on this title.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

My brother loves Ghost Pilots and plays it on both my CMVS and AES. We used to go to a Dairy Queen in Paramus, NJ in the early-mid 1990s to play this game and spent like 7 dollars in quarters in co-op mode. Such a great game.

Try Viewpoint. Its my brothers second favorite game on the Neo-Geo. He spend almost an equal amount of time and money on this title.

Anthony...

I like Viewpoint a lot! I used to own the cart. Purchased it new at EB for my AES.

I remember going to the lobby of the movie theatre in the Middlesex Mall, South Plainfield NJ.

We would play Baseball Stars, Ghost Pilots, and Magician Lord on the MVS cabinet.

They also has a nice Dragon's Lair machine!

Are you still in NJ? I'm in central NJ, Middlesex county.

• Like 1

I like Viewpoint a lot! I used to own the cart. Purchased it new at EB for my AES.

I remember going to the lobby of the movie theatre in the Middlesex Mall, South Plainfield NJ.

We would play Baseball Stars, Ghost Pilots, and Magician Lord on the MVS cabinet.

They also has a nice Dragon's Lair machine!

Are you still in NJ? I'm in central NJ, Middlesex county.

I'm in NYC (for most of my life) . I go to NJ to buy things at Wal-Mart in North Bergen and Garfield. I also go to the Paramus Park Mall in Paramas and Wayne at the Willowbrook Mall. The malls in NJ are great growing up because of the Neo-Geo MVS games that they had in the arcades.

King of the Monsters 1 & 2 is another fun game to play.

Do you still have Viewpoint at home?

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I'm in NYC (for most of my life) . I go to NJ to buy things at Wal-Mart in North Bergen and Garfield. I also go to the Paramus Park Mall in Paramas and Wayne at the Willowbrook Mall. The malls in NJ are great growing up because of the Neo-Geo MVS games that they had in the arcades.

King of the Monsters 1 & 2 is another fun game to play.

Do you still have Viewpoint at home?

Anthony...

No. Sold it years ago. I don't have very many AES games these days.. maybe 15. A few MVS carts, for my cab and the Super Converter II.

I have Andro Dunos I like to play, but that is on my 108 multicart so I hardly use the original anymore.

I see in your profile you are from The Bronx. I was born there. Lived there a few years too after we moved back from Jersey to my fathers parents home.

Was a kid at the time, but grew up spending every holiday (along with any other excuse to be) in The Bronx. On Hone Ave. off of Morris Park Ave.

• Like 1

No. Sold it years ago. I don't have very many AES games these days.. maybe 15. A few MVS carts, for my cab and the Super Converter II.

I have Andro Dunos I like to play, but that is on my 108 multicart so I hardly use the original anymore.

I see in your profile you are from The Bronx. I was born there. Lived there a few years too after we moved back from Jersey to my fathers parents home.

Was a kid at the time, but grew up spending every holiday (along with any other excuse to be) in The Bronx. On Hone Ave. off of Morris Park Ave.

AWESOME!! I'm close by in Pelham Bay near the 6 line subway. I go on Williamsbridge Rd to eat at Pasta Pasta on Saturday and stop at Conti's Pastry shop to get pastries on Sunday! I also pick up sub sandwiches at Ann Clair for the Super Bowl and New Years.I nice to see your from the Bronx!

Yeah. after the 161-in-1 cartridge, I hardly use the older versions anymore. Andro Dunos is fun to play. Later for today, I'm going to play Cyber-Lip for the AES system. I have the carton box version on this one.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I still love good ol' Puzzle Bobble.

Speaking of Puzzle Bobble, I just took it out of my closet and played it on my NGCD. I couldn't get the MVS version out because it was somewhere in my room. Played it for three hours and still surprised on why they didn't have a AES release for it!

Fun game no doubt

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

PB really doesn't have an AES release? Bizarre!

Some of my other faves:

BLAZING STAR

PULSTAR

REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL (possibly my absolute fave NG game)

FATAL FURY SPECIAL (If I'm testing the audio, I have to watch the volume for the BLASTING attract mode!)

METAL SLUG X

(I died laughing whenever you turn into a zombie or get super fat)

• Like 1

PB really doesn't have an AES release? Bizarre!

Some of my other faves:

BLAZING STAR

PULSTAR

REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL (possibly my absolute fave NG game)

FATAL FURY SPECIAL (If I'm testing the audio, I have to watch the volume for the BLASTING attract mode!)

METAL SLUG X

Man, Blazing Star and Pulstar are amazing shooters. But the prices on them for the AES are over $1,000 bucks! :-o MVS has better pricing on them (noticeably with Blazing Star) The CD version of Pulstar are going up in price (I notice as of late) . Too bad that Blazing Star wasn't on the CD! :(

The Real Bout series was very good and have those on the AES. Made a BIG difference in Fatal Fury by far! :)

Metal Slug X was made to help fix the problems they had in MS2! My favorite is when you get Marco to fall asleep and the bubble comes out of his nose! :lolblue:

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

The review of the newly released Knight's Chance for the Neo-Geo MVS is up and running from Project COE. The same people who did "A Beginner's Guide to Collecting for the Neo-Geo" that I put on this thread. Enjoy

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3

Metal Slug X was made to help fix the problems they had in MS2! My favorite is when you get Marco to fall asleep and the bubble comes out of his nose! :lolblue:

What problems did they have in Metal Slug 2? I mean, asides from all the slowdown.

I guess the slowdown was the biggest issue. They made some cosmetic changes to X, and made it more difficult. Plus, you can fat in more stages than just Stage 4, as in MS2.

That's true on the cosmetic, slow down, and challenge issues. Its a better version than MS2 with the correct tweaks to it. The price for a Metal Slug X really went up for the AES over $1,000 now (like most of the MS series)!. The good news is the MVS version is still around the $100 bucks range and widely available on Ebay.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

METAL SLUG X

Hey, you want a really good laugh? A seller on Ebay is selling the complete Metal Slug English set of 1,2,X,3,4, and 5 for a million dollars!!! :lol:

WTH is the seller thinking??? at first it was $399K. now this? :roll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Metal-Slug-Anthology-Complete-1-2-X-3-4-5-US-Neo-Geo-AES-VideoGameX-/290790567247?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43b477ed4f

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

WOW...A rare Chibi Maruko-chan game is for sale for the Neo-Geo AES. Only released in Japan and very limited amount were produced.

I remember seeing this game only twice in my lifetime and the neo-geo.com price guide section says its a EER (Extra Extra Rare) game

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-shipping-Neo-geo-SNK-Chibi-Maruko-chan-variety-quiz-game-From-Japan-/191171794473?pt=Video_Games&hash=item2c82ba1629

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Oh jeez... I keep looking at Shock Troopers like it's something I need, but I've never spent that much money on any video game before.

I'm in a bad place, and I'm going to need somebody to talk me down.

Somebody tell me that S.T. 2nd Squad isn't as bad as I remember...because that's a *lot* cheaper...

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Oh jeez... I keep looking at Shock Troopers like it's something I need, but I've never spent that much money on any video game before.

I'm in a bad place, and I'm going to need somebody to talk me down.

Somebody tell me that S.T. 2nd Squad isn't as bad as I remember...because that's a *lot* cheaper...

Shock Troopers is a good game just like S.T. 2ns squad. But the first one is a little better. If you need to hold back on these two games, that's fine. Both are common and widely available on ebay! Many times I see games like these two at a good price and walk away happy handed. So no need to rush into them. All good things come to those that wait! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

WOW...A rare Chibi Maruko-chan game is for sale for the Neo-Geo AES. Only released in Japan and very limited amount were produced.

I remember seeing this game only twice in my lifetime and the neo-geo.com price guide section says its a EER (Extra Extra Rare) game

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-shipping-Neo-geo-SNK-Chibi-Maruko-chan-variety-quiz-game-From-Japan-/191171794473?pt=Video_Games&hash=item2c82ba1629

Anthony...

Fascinating- and especially that it is "only" listed at $4,000! I first heard about that title on Racketboy's (now grossly out of date) article on the subject:

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/snkneo-geo/the-rarest-and-most-valuable-neo-geo-games

Factoring in seller's fees to Ebay and it is almost as if whoever posted that auction actually used the Racketboy pricing. Perhaps they did...

• Like 1