IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I know this is not technically Neo Geo but it does contain a load of Neo Geo games plus knock offs if that is the right word. I'm actually confused about the crouching Tiger games. To me they just seem to be King of Fighter knock offs. Is that right?

Anyway, I thought this would be a good place to put this video. If not, please do let me know and I'll move it.

• Like 1

Right! Hello all! This time when I say "finally Im back"I mean it. Ive had all the stitches out on my skull (pointless info but I thought Id let people know) and now I'm just waiting for my newly placed left ear to take!

I miss the forum when I'm away! :(

Ant that KingOfFighters Anime is awesome, I really hope SNK put it on a BluRay as one film not episodic.

Hi guys,

NeoSD on the neo-geo.com forums started a new thread discussing their new products in the near future. Here's what they had to say on post #1.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272774-Terraonion-New-Product(s)-discussion-thread

1. Today, 04:30 AM #1

Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

"Hello Everyone,

I have decided to start a new thread to discuss about our new product(s).

I will start quoting the last commend on "the other thread"

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by
    pva
    viewpost-right.png
    I also believe the NeoSD has proven that even within a very niche market there is a demand for FPGA-based products, and that they can be profitably made. (I assume the NeoSD hasn't taken the team to the poorhouse, since they're still coming up with new products.)
    This is harder to understand if you don´t see the internals of the company.

We have made money with NEOSD but we haven´t earned money with NEOSD.

We had to hire and pay a lot of people for pcb design, fpga coding and other tasks such as mold design.

Then we have produced in Spain with high quality pcbs and high IC prices. Producing in China not only lowers the pcb and SMT soldering but also the ics are cheaper there, while lowering the pcb and soldering quality aswel ...

Sum to that the pile of taxes we pay. About 50% of what we sell goes there : VAT (only in Europe), Compnay taxes and such things

Our plan for the first year was to invest everything back in new products and so we did.

So where this all goes ? If we want to keep developing, we need to make money and if we want to make money we have to make products that as much people as possible want. As bigger the market is for a product as cheaper we can sell it and save costs while producing it aswel. As more units you produce better prices you can get buying ics, pcbs, mounting those at factory and so.

Resuming, we are about to start on our seccond company year and our goal is to make the company profitable to be able to develop bigger things. So far we have spent 1,5 years working in one project that we still don´t know if it will work (and if we will get our investment back, time and money).

So for now, NEODEV and myself keep putting our time and NEOSD´s money on Terraonion while paying everyone else. Our pockets have the same money as the day we started selling NEOSD, we are ok with that cause only one year passed but if we can´t make the company profitable in 3 years we will have to think in a different task where to put our time at, you just can´t keep working for free you entire life for more than you love what you work at.

I really feel that with our current team we can build anything we or you can imagine. The big issue here is that our resources are limited, so to me the challenge here is not only choose what product to develop to maximize sales, but also to find more skilled people to join our company so we can grow.

BTW this dosen´t means we are not developing niche devices such as NEOSD, cause we are right now, but we need to sell more units than NEOSD did, this is a fact.

Just remember, we are not some forums guys trying to make some device to fast proffit while we have a “real life job” that pays the bills. Selling those fast, not paying taxes an not paying people to develop it. Not investing in production, paying the entire production with preorders. This is how one makes money guys, not spending a single cent and not paying taxes.

Our approach has always been different : to build a company and make it grow, while developing nice things.

Alex,"

NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member

hello-logo-1476691952.jpg

Anthony...

After reading this it make me want to donate to them, Ive bought my £4-500 NeoSD cart, but can't risk these guy disappearing!

Hi guys,

The email address for SNK e-Sports Support Program has been changed. New email address: snk_esports@snk-corp.co.jp https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/news05.php …pic.twitter.com/lGvsbWWXcT

DM0nUM7VQAAOiBp.jpg

Anthony..

Is this an actual proper e-sports team?

Hi guys,

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Delivery is here from #SNK Online! @WJBarry_ @DaRealDrBendova please DM for payment/delivery. Badge sets, lanyards & bags available #NeoGeopic.twitter.com/e1ouIBlnc9

DM5et2qXcAA--LM.jpg

Anthony...

Right!!! Frazer has WAY TO MANY NICE THING! An AMAZEING collection and he's going on his holidays soon! We just need some tights and find out his address! ;P lol

Hi guys,

See this, bought it - didn’t think twice 1f600.png1f44d-1f3fc.png#KOF #SNK #XBOX #BCpic.twitter.com/a0zuS8oZ4c

DMmc_IEWAAAV-bu.jpg
DMmc_IFW4AAx-JW.jpg
DMmc_IDW0AAvmJu.jpg

Anthony...

Paul txt me he'd got this (Paul get well soon mate) Ive never played this or seen it running, and that NeoColosseum mash up thing have you ever played them ant!

Ooo Id like to shout out to Stage_1_Boss for helping me with my Jaguar problems!

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 2

Ant have you got or played that NeoBattleColosseum or KOF NeoWave?

MJ

Hey Matty,

Sure did bro. :) I played both on the Atomiswave when they debuted in the arcades. Neo Wave (IMO) is a better game. I did find Colosseum unspectacular even for 2D standards for its time. While others were going into higher resolution and lively animated backgrounds, Colosseum was behind with the times for what it had to offer.

Anthony..

• Like 1

I know this is not technically Neo Geo but it does contain a load of Neo Geo games plus knock offs if that is the right word. I'm actually confused about the crouching Tiger games. To me they just seem to be King of Fighter knock offs. Is that right?

Anyway, I thought this would be a good place to put this video. If not, please do let me know and I'll move it.

Thank you for stopping by and posting this for us Mark. With Mai Shiranui on the art for it, what's not to love about this piece. :-D

Anthony,...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

NeoBattleColosseum

MJ

Interestingly, if you read about the plot regarding the game, it talks about the organization hosting the tournament called, WAREZ. Which SNK is referring to the computing term of pirate software.

SNK used that word as they were hinting that it was responsible for the bankruptcy of the original SNK and the end of Neo-Geo which discontinued a year before.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Personally I would recommend The King Of Fighters XI if you want to go the Sammy route

NeoBattleColosseum and KOF NeoWave both have issues

The King Of Fighters Neowave kinda feels like a Romhack of 98 with 2001 Artwork, so if you a big fan of 98 you would probably like it

NeoBattleColosseum basically is 98 with a crazy tag system, with updated background but not avatars so it look ugly

NeoBattleColosseum

• Like 2

Hi guys,

NeoSD on the neo-geo.com forums started a new thread discussing their new products in the near future. Here's what they had to say on post #1.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272774-Terraonion-New-Product(s)-discussion-thread

1. Today, 04:30 AM #1

Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

"Hello Everyone,

I have decided to start a new thread to discuss about our new product(s).

I will start quoting the last commend on "the other thread"

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by
    pva
    viewpost-right.png
    I also believe the NeoSD has proven that even within a very niche market there is a demand for FPGA-based products, and that they can be profitably made. (I assume the NeoSD hasn't taken the team to the poorhouse, since they're still coming up with new products.)
    This is harder to understand if you don´t see the internals of the company.

We have made money with NEOSD but we haven´t earned money with NEOSD.

We had to hire and pay a lot of people for pcb design, fpga coding and other tasks such as mold design.

Then we have produced in Spain with high quality pcbs and high IC prices. Producing in China not only lowers the pcb and SMT soldering but also the ics are cheaper there, while lowering the pcb and soldering quality aswel ...

Sum to that the pile of taxes we pay. About 50% of what we sell goes there : VAT (only in Europe), Compnay taxes and such things

Our plan for the first year was to invest everything back in new products and so we did.

So where this all goes ? If we want to keep developing, we need to make money and if we want to make money we have to make products that as much people as possible want. As bigger the market is for a product as cheaper we can sell it and save costs while producing it aswel. As more units you produce better prices you can get buying ics, pcbs, mounting those at factory and so.

Resuming, we are about to start on our seccond company year and our goal is to make the company profitable to be able to develop bigger things. So far we have spent 1,5 years working in one project that we still don´t know if it will work (and if we will get our investment back, time and money).

So for now, NEODEV and myself keep putting our time and NEOSD´s money on Terraonion while paying everyone else. Our pockets have the same money as the day we started selling NEOSD, we are ok with that cause only one year passed but if we can´t make the company profitable in 3 years we will have to think in a different task where to put our time at, you just can´t keep working for free you entire life for more than you love what you work at.

I really feel that with our current team we can build anything we or you can imagine. The big issue here is that our resources are limited, so to me the challenge here is not only choose what product to develop to maximize sales, but also to find more skilled people to join our company so we can grow.

BTW this dosen´t means we are not developing niche devices such as NEOSD, cause we are right now, but we need to sell more units than NEOSD did, this is a fact.

Just remember, we are not some forums guys trying to make some device to fast proffit while we have a “real life job” that pays the bills. Selling those fast, not paying taxes an not paying people to develop it. Not investing in production, paying the entire production with preorders. This is how one makes money guys, not spending a single cent and not paying taxes.

Our approach has always been different : to build a company and make it grow, while developing nice things.

Alex,"

NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member

hello-logo-1476691952.jpg

Anthony...

Never been a fan on Electrics from China or Taiwan

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Heroines' "Haphazard Odyssey" begins. SIDE STORY: Mechaxana Strikes Back act.1 #KOF14 #KOFXIVpic.twitter.com/M1cXKmqH1x

DNB0cvHUQAAnJcb.jpg

ヒロインたちの"なりゆき大冒険"が始まる! かたてまマンガ「なりゆきクエスト」番外編5を掲載!#KOF14 #KOFXIV http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/narique/manga/page_extra.php pic.twitter.com/us3b04qMDC

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Heroines becoming big adventure begins! Katatema manga "progress quest" extra 5 on! #KOF14 http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/narique/manga/page_extra.php #ttps://t.co/D6saKh4p3u

DNB1FdJUMAAtL-N.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch「アケアカNEOGEO ミューテイション・ネイション」の配信がスタートしました!本作は1992年にSNKから発売されたアクションゲームです。ぜひお楽しみください! http://hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/switch/mutation.htm pic.twitter.com/XyM9qynuOF

Translate from Japanese

Delivery of the PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch ACEA CA NEOGEO mutation nation has just started. This is action games from the SNK was released in 1992. Take a look at and enjoy! http://hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/switch/mutation.htm

DNCChsKVAAAH4j1.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

★英雄伝 X THE KING OF FIGHTERS★ KOFプレゼントキャンペーン実施中!KOFグッズをゲットしよう! さらにこのツイートをRTして目標RT数を達成するとタイアップアイテムがもらえるかも!? http://heroes.nexon.co.jp/campaign/update_tieup_kof.aspx #マビノギ英雄伝pic.twitter.com/3KBpI9ifas

Translate from Japanese

★ Hero of X-THE KING OF FIGHTERS ★ KOF present campaign underway! Trying to get the KOF toy! Get tied up items and to achieve goals RT and RT this Tweet more! http://heroes.nexon.co.jp/campaign/update_tieup_kof.aspx #マビノギ英雄伝

DM9rqO1VoAApHB1.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

THE KING OF FIGHTERS: DESTINY – Episode 12

From the description,

"12. SHADOW OF EVIL

The first KOF match starts out with a bang, with all eyes on the event. Benimaru struggles in his battle against Brian, as he continues to stand back up no matter how many times he is beaten by Benimaru. The crowd becomes uneasy as they watch Brian's eerie performance.

12. SHADOW OF EVIL
格闘家たちの激戦で盛り上がりを見せるKOF一回戦。観客たちが熱狂する中、二階堂紅丸は、何度倒しても立ち上がるブライアン・バトラーに苦戦していた。ブライアンの不気味な様子に、会場内はざわつき始める・・・。

©SNK CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED."

THE KING OF FIGHTERS: DESTINY – Episode 13

From the description,

"13. TRAP

Kyo and his teammates struggle with the American Sports Team who show signs of the Orochi power. Meanwhile, Terry heads to Gesse Tower to rescue Angelina, despite knowing it's a trap.

13. TRAP
「オロチ」の力を得たアメリカンスポーツチームに、苦戦を強いられる草薙京たち。一方、テリー・ボガードは自分を誘い出す罠だと知りながら、アンジェリナを救出するため単身でギース・タワーへと向かう!

©SNK CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED."

Anthony...

Did you play them in an actual arcade mate? Like a proper coin op place. paying per go? I don't think I've seen an actual arcade over here apart from at the seaside and there full of the 1P and 2P push machines!

Is there a proper arcade were you are?

I love KOF 13/14 there so good! I love the special edition in the UK the cool sleeve and steelbook with the DLC Kyo costume. Personally I thought 13 looked nice but the actually playing was a bit off, but 14 was awesome SNK really nailed it, wright up there with USF4 as a brilliant 'modern' fighter!

Are you actually talking about the NeoSD cart?

Ive said it once and I'll say it again but I'm so thankful you turned me on to this Ant! I was a bit iffy with the CGI anime but its a really good episodic series and really hope SNK release this as a whole continues film!

And I know this is the NeoGeo thread but had to share my find, finally found and bought a huge Jaguar deal can't wait to get it and show who ever's interested,

Pitfall
Protector SE
Skyhammer
Towers 2 cart
IroSoldier2
Hyperforce
Total Carnage
Worms
Breakeout 2000
Zero5
Doom
WhiteMenCantJump+TeamTap
CheckeredFlag
InternationSensibleSoccer
Tempest 2000
CannonFoder
Wolfenstine 3D
Radian
BrutalSportsFootball
BattelspeareGOLD
DinoDude
Zool2
Dfender 2000
A Japanese new, sealed, boxed, AlienVsPredator LtdEd console/game set
Official Atari SCART lead
NORMAL PAD boxed brand new and sealed
PRO PAD boxed brand new and sealed x2
And a few extra chuck ins
BaseBall cap
KasumiNinjaHeadBand
Chuffed to bits!!
MJ
  • Like 2

Did you play them in an actual arcade mate? Like a proper coin op place. paying per go? I don't think I've seen an actual arcade over here apart from at the seaside and there full of the 1P and 2P push machines!

Hey Matty,

Yes, I played both of them in the Chinatown section of Manhattan. I place is called Chinatown Fair Family Fun Center on Mott St. It's a fun place and had plenty of games to play. Rather small and doesn't have any restrooms the last time I checked.

Here's two pics in which the Neo-Geo MVS cab I use to play on for years down there. Plus the store front..

chinatown-fair-arcade.jpg

5463461278_abe5fab635_b.jpg

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Thanks guys! Im so chuffed, I couldn't believe this was all just in boxes in a backroom of a closed down store and theres not just one of each! There multiple copies of most of this stuff! My eyes went *PING* I was blown away!

Mate that awesome! Is that actually still there?

We haven't had anything like that in the mainland UK for years! I think the last inner city arcade I can remember is SEGA world in the Trocadero, London.

If thats still there when me and Vin are over Ant well head down there after a pint get some MvC action on!! :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Im so chuffed, I couldn't believe this was all just in boxes in a backroom of a closed down store and theres not just one of each! There multiple copies of most of this stuff! My eyes went *PING* I was blown away!

Mate that awesome! Is that actually still there?

We haven't had anything like that in the mainland UK for years! I think the last inner city arcade I can remember is SEGA world in the Trocadero, London.

If thats still there when me and Vin are over Ant well head down there after a pint get some MvC action on!! :)

You're welcome Matty. Glad you shared it with us. :)

In regards to your question, I believe it still is. Its been a staple in the Chinatown Fair arcade and one of the most recognizable cabinets for years in that estate. So I'm sure it's going nowhere anytime soon. :)

Anthony..

I love KOF 13/14 there so good! I love the special edition in the UK the cool sleeve and steelbook with the DLC Kyo costume. Personally I thought 13 looked nice but the actually playing was a bit off, but 14 was awesome SNK really nailed it, wright up there with USF4 as a brilliant 'modern' fighter!

Are you actually talking about the NeoSD cart?

Ive said it once and I'll say it again but I'm so thankful you turned me on to this Ant! I was a bit iffy with the CGI anime but its a really good episodic series and really hope SNK release this as a whole continues film!

And I know this is the NeoGeo thread but had to share my find, finally found and bought a huge Jaguar deal can't wait to get it and show who ever's interested,

Pitfall
Protector SE
Skyhammer
Towers 2 cart
IroSoldier2
Hyperforce
Total Carnage
Worms
Breakeout 2000
Zero5
Doom
WhiteMenCantJump+TeamTap
CheckeredFlag
InternationSensibleSoccer
Tempest 2000
CannonFoder
Wolfenstine 3D
Radian
BrutalSportsFootball
BattelspeareGOLD
DinoDude
Zool2
Dfender 2000
A Japanese new, sealed, boxed, AlienVsPredator LtdEd console/game set
Official Atari SCART lead
NORMAL PAD boxed brand new and sealed
PRO PAD boxed brand new and sealed x2
And a few extra chuck ins
BaseBall cap
KasumiNinjaHeadBand
Chuffed to bits!!
MJ

"Are you actually talking about the NeoSD cart?"

Electronics in general from China and Taiwan as they tend to have poor Quality Control, either you end up with good batch or bad batch's.

Mostly do to the way those governments make sure no one is fired, and rapid turnover in Asian Electronics industry. Hopefully NeoSD doesn't go down this path in the end, as Eastern Europe is almost as cheap but you end up with professionals. Horrible enough already that Foxconn basically the only one manufacturing the current Nintendo's PlayStation and MS

I'm not a Jag fan but it looks like you got a nice haul there :)

• Like 2

Hey Matty,

Yes, I played both of them in the Chinatown section of Manhattan. I place is called Chinatown Fair Family Fun Center on Mott St. It's a fun place and had plenty of games to play. Rather small and doesn't have any restrooms the last time I checked.

Here's two pics in which the Neo-Geo MVS cab I use to play on for years down there. Plus the store front..

chinatown-fair-arcade.jpg

5463461278_abe5fab635_b.jpg

Anthony..

Must get crazy to have a Marvel vs Cap II next to a Samurai Shodown II in a 4 score MVS cab

With World famous Tic Tac Toe and Dancing

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

Must get crazy to have a Marvel vs Cap II next to a Samurai Shodown II in a 4 score MVS cab

Hahaha. No argument here with that enoofu. :)

But interestingly, that unit was change inside so many times that its not even playing MVC II. If you look closely, it's The Rumble Fish 2. I remember because I use to play it when the other players got disappointed that it was just to lure your attention. :)

Anthony..

Yeah I get that Chinese or Taiwan made electronics are pretty poor when it comes to build quality but is the NeoSD Chinese made? Mine seems brilliant quality and the package, box, paper-work while it won't set the work alight it all pretty nice. Sorry if thats not what you meant but Im confused, you'll have to forgive me got a dodgy brain! lol

And Im a on/off Jag fan don't love it anywhere near My CDZ or Cart Neo but at the price this haul was and everything Atari seal and new, I couldn't resist! ;)

HAHAHA! Would kill me for sure!

Hahaha. No argument here with that enoofu. :)

But interestingly, that unit was change inside so many times that its not even playing MVC II. If you look closely, it's The Rumble Fish 2. I remember because I use to play it when the other players got disappointed that it was just to lure your attention. :)

Anthony..

Ahh didn't see that! Why did the do that! Thats insane did the keep the NAOMI JAMMA set Ant or get rid of it?

To replace MvC2 With the Rumble Fish 2 while a good game, looks and plays well but its no MvC2 theres no way Id get rid of that amazing NAOMI system for that AtomisWave game! No way! Dose that Arcade ever sell the games to the public?

MJ

• Like 1