IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with another maintenance and repair video with 100%ham. Here we see him this time with a 4 slot MVS board that needed attention. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Another neogeo back from the dead. this one had bad graphics caused by bad sfix rom and dead lines associated with the sfix rom."

Anthony..

• Like 1

Awesome! Finally got an English copy of Matrimelee on the way. = ) Not sure why no one else tried for it, but I did pad the bids to make it look a bit more intimidating lol.. I suppose the plastic seal slightly coming off the corner may have detoured some, but I'll take it for the price they'd listed.

Oh WOW!!! :-o

Nice pick up Chaos. :thumbsup: Glad you got Matrimelee. This is usually a great time to purchase Neo-Geo games. I made a killing one year doing so. But fantastic that you have it.

Way to go bro. Maybe we can see some pics when it arrives? :)

Anthony..

Yeah, I was planning on at some point maybe just a short video to update my Neo Geo games like I did my Jaguar stuff, if not I'll at least show and tell when I get it hehe

Holly cow! Been super poorly the last few day so spent a-lot of time in bed but my phone jus buzzed and with frosty eyes had to grab my Mac to chuck a comment out there, bet ur well gutted hey Ant I think Matrimelee is right up there with your most desired games!? lol

Hey well done Stage.1, If you dont mind me asking how much did it cost? Being hyper critical Im a massive JAP version collector, I really really dislike the what I think is the horrible US grey boarded version of the games but hey if it was super cheap even Id probably think about it!

Thanks for tweeting me this Ant, Well Done Stage.1, congrats on an awesome pick up!!

MJ

• Like 1

Yeah, I was planning on at some point maybe just a short video to update my Neo Geo games like I did my Jaguar stuff, if not I'll at least show and tell when I get it hehe

Oooo, and forgot! Now your super buzzing scoring a copy of Matrimelee isn't it time you sell me your Jaguar Joust, BubbleBobble and RType!! Hey?? ;)

MJ

• Like 1

Nah fair if you dont like it you dont like it. I kinda agree the AI is sometimes super annoying your right it never seem to miss, and when I first played it I seemed to miss all the time. But overall I do love it.

Have you seen all the Data East multi SNES and NES carts on PlayAsia?

https://www.play-asia.com/search/data+east

MJ

• Like 1

Holly cow! Been super poorly the last few day so spent a-lot of time in bed but my phone jus buzzed and with frosty eyes had to grab my Mac to chuck a comment out there, bet ur well gutted hey Ant I think Matrimelee is right up there with your most desired games!? lol

Hey well done Stage.1, If you dont mind me asking how much did it cost? Being hyper critical Im a massive JAP version collector, I really really dislike the what I think is the horrible US grey boarded version of the games but hey if it was super cheap even Id probably think about it!

Thanks for tweeting me this Ant, Well Done Stage.1, congrats on an awesome pick up!!

MJ

hehe, Thank you, and I seem to be the exact opposite. I will only get the Japanese version if it wasn't released in English. I like the dog tags and double stripes. = )

Edit: Also, it wasn't a cheap copy lol, but at least under four figures.

• Like 2

hehe, Thank you, and I seem to be the exact opposite. I will only get the Japanese version if it wasn't released in English. I like the dog tags and double stripes. = )

Edit: Also, it wasn't a cheap copy lol, but at least under four figures.

No way, Im a huge importer for all systems and for me the JAP versions of games really in my eyes just have no comparison! The artwork, the cool but pretty pointless flyers you get in some games I love!

Certain games, Matrimelee Id grab what ever region but yeah JAP all the way for me! I think Ant like me is a big fan of the style and artwork of Japanese releases!

Well done though, I did read on one of your comments theres a little bit of damage to the box, have you got it yet and had the chance to look at it?

Make sure you upload a pic or summit would love to see it!

As I said well done mate!!

MJ

• Like 1

I think Ant like me is a big fan of the style and artwork of Japanese releases!

MJ

Yeah Matty.

I like the Japanese art styles more. Now don't get me wrong, I do like the English versions too. But those works on the imports from Japan look so cool that it just grabs my attention like instantly. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Nah fair if you dont like it you dont like it. I kinda agree the AI is sometimes super annoying your right it never seem to miss, and when I first played it I seemed to miss all the time. But overall I do love it.

Have you seen all the Data East multi SNES and NES carts on PlayAsia?

https://www.play-asia.com/search/data+east

MJ

Heard of them along with the more known others in the suggestion area below on that page for Jaleco stuff. All those had been planned to be on one cart for NES, SNES, and the now cancelled GB one too and for $20 only. They decided to kill one, and cut the others up into $15 more expensive games and then over 2 carts to stretch it to $70 instead of $20. Not buying them out of protest entirely.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Need a Xmas gift for yourself or that good friend that’s a Neo•Geo fan? Then get the @bitmap_books official SNK NEO•GEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 book - it’s beyond awesome! https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/products/neogeo-a-visual-history #NeoGeo #RetroGamer #arcadepic.twitter.com/Ml6is8339a

DPjhw30U8AAvwxt.jpg
DPjhw84UEAAoe0b.jpg
DPjhwwAVQAErLlH.jpg
DPjhw0CUQAA-VFZ.jpg

Anthony

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This early advertisement for the #NeoGeo featured a couple of Japanese games but the Jpn text for 'rental software' was either removed (Nam 75) or covered up with a strategic cloud in the case of Baseball Stars #SNK #RetroGamingpic.twitter.com/bdFQyIi2aZ

DPl0FpRX0AAwKy-.jpg
DPl0H-PWkAcagXE.jpg
DPl0Oo6XcAA_hOf.jpg
DPl0SWGWkAU0fZb.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Looks like another update with Darksoft's multicart. Let's see what it offers. Pre-orders are up now for the MVS version!!

From the description,

"A video showing the updates we have been working on for Darksoft's MVS multi cart!!

For sale now!!

Visit Arcade-Projects.com for all info about our products!!!"

http://www.saveyourgames.it/index.php?route=product/product&path=72&product_id=95

PREORDER Darksoft NEOGEO Multi-MVS Cartridge

• darksoft-228x228.jpg
PREORDER ONLY, AVAILABLE FROM JANUARY 2018

We are happy to introduce the revolutionary Darksoft Multi-MVS cartridge. This cartridge is designed to run
any Neo-Geo game be it existing, homebrew or even games you may want to develop. It doesn't support any of the NGDEV games
and it won't support it in the future as a explicit request of NGDEV team.

The cartridge has the following features:

* Compatible with every existing NeoGeo game, homebrew or your own developed Neo-Geo software.
* Offers 3 simultaneous virtual slots. YES, this cart converts each slot of your MVS pcbs into additional 3 slots to load more MVS games!
* Each slot offers 768 Mbits of memory, enough to hold the largest officially released game.
* MicroSD slot to add new games or software at any time. Supports FAT32 with long file names.
* Runs unpatched original ROMS.
* Includes the coolest menu that we could think of, with several navigating modes and amazing tunes.
* Menu is flexible, many options can be changed by the user.
* Includes support for saving soft dipswitches for each game.
* Includes support for saving High Scores for each game.
* Switch Regions without the need for a bootleg BIOS.
* Easy call back of menu at any time during game play with a joystick+button combination.
* Easy slot change at any time during gameplay with a joystick+buttons combination.
* 8 layer state-of-the-art PCB with Altera Cyclone IV, DDR memory, Flash memory and ARM processor.
* Low power, high density design. Cart weighs less and consumes less power than an original cartridge.
* Updateable firmware and menu by just adding new files into the microSD.
* DDR technology allows to load the largest game in less than 18 secs as compared to 4 minutes of flash technology.
* Only available with a plastic shell for proper protection and storage.
* Includes carton box and labels as a homage to the original MVS cartridge sets, plus a PVC protection box
* Continuous support and improvements. Many more features coming soon.
* An outstanding track record of all of Darksoft's multi-game products!

official support on arcade-projects.com

This is a preview video https://youtu.be/Y_WYlPuEkXk

Anthony...

Heya Anthony, thank you for the heads up. = ) For some reason I thought it was the MVS multi-cart you guys had been talking about that had a bunch of older Arcade games on it. From what I could gather this is similar to the NeoSD Cart?

Hey Chaos,

Yes, Darksoft's and NeoSD versions are similar. The Darksoft version is the one that was announced a while ago, but experienced delays. But NeoSD came out of the ordinary and debuted first.

Now the Darksoft version is available to pre-order with their MVS cart first. The AES will be later. Of course, those that expressed interest on their forums will receive special privilege since they requested for a copy ahead of time.

Hope this helps bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

If darksoft finally can get their stuff together and step up with all that's boasted, the NeoSD has some competition. That KOF2003 loaded up in around 20 seconds from memory card into cartridge storage, and then it also has enough internal storage to handle 3 slots worth of games in one cart which is impressive. i could not care less about the foo foo menu and the other bs, but that seems like a huge step in the right direction. But with every step you also still have them moaning about the UniBIOS being an issue if you pop their cart in a certain slot which seemed odd to me. I don't have one so it's not a problem if I ever got the cart but it's interesting even if it is a work in progress.