IGNORED

Philia - Sequel to Elansar - JagCD

Orion_

Philia for Jaguar CD  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Philia on Jaguar CD

• Yes, if it cost equal or less than 35$ (25?)
    • Yes, if it is 35$ to 40$ (25-30?)
    • Yes, no matter what !
    • No, I don't have a JagCD
    • No, and I have a JagCD (I hate myst, make an action game instead!)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm currently finalising the game, and testing on NTSC configuration.

the only problem is: I don't have an NTSC Jaguar nor NTSC TV.

So I can only simulate the NTSC behavior by forcing NTSC video values on my Jaguar.

The game is playable, except on one screen where an object is at the bottom of the screen, and it can't be seen on my TV in NTSC mode.

I just want to know if it's because my TV is PAL and therefor not giving the right behavior of an NTSC display, or if it's the same on a real NTSC Jag/TV.

So, whoever live in a country where NTSC TV is the standard, can you please test this little BJL program on your setup and tell me if you can see the "fuschia rod" in the bottom middle of the screen ?

http://onorisoft.free.fr/extern/philiatest.bjl

Thank you !

I just can't delete 40 lines of each of my picture, the game is made for 320x240 display :/

You don't have to remove the extra lines, just make sure that there is nothing important for gameplay in them. If there's only one picture where the problem appears, the easiest way is to rerender the scene so that the object is higher on the screen.

Philla_test.jpg

I just converted the BJL file into a jiffi > Burned with DiscJuggler to do this test. Attached is a Screenshot of my results.

Man, I don't see a fuschia rod.... damn, I always wondered why Formula-1 looked so much better on TV when I'd visit my relatives in Holland.

ok, so, the good news is, I have the exact same picture framing on my TV when forcing NTSC init, so I know how it will look for US players.

the not so good news is, I need to change a lots of little things so it will look good, and playable for US players. (because here, if you can't find this rod, you cannot complete the game)

Thank you for the test and photo !

and Thanks SCPCD for telling me to test on NTSC, because I was ready to send the CD production ! DOH!

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 1

Change the display buffer to a scaled image, and on NTSC set it to 80% vertical.

Revenge for all the shitty PAL ports with massive borders!!!! mwhahahahahahaha.

ok, so, the good news is, I have the exact same picture framing on my TV when forcing NTSC init, so I know how it will look for US players.

the not so good news is, I need to change a lots of little things so it will look good, and playable for US players. (because here, if you can't find this rod, you cannot complete the game)

Thank you for the test and photo !

and Thanks SCPCD for telling me to test on NTSC, because I was ready to send the CD production ! DOH!

• Like 6

I had no luck with the scaled sprite functionality (32bytes alignment can fook everything!)

but it's not just one framebuffer, I have plenty of sprite there, so doing scaling for all of them, no.

I translated some GUI sprites to fit better on the screen, and re-rendered the scene with the rod at the bottom by lowering the camera a bit, it's ok now :)

• Like 2

ok, I have ordered 300 pressed CDs, they should be shipped to me during next month, so expect a release soon :)

no preorder, just check this topic or my website's shop by the end of next month :)

Awesome!!!! I guess with 300, there's not going to be a risk of running out any time soon! Woo hoo!!!

ok, I have ordered 300 pressed CDs, they should be shipped to me during next month, so expect a release soon :)

no preorder, just check this topic or my website's shop by the end of next month :)

Good news! Are you producing a case and instructions? Can we have an early look, if so?

Hello Orion_ !

Just want to congratulate you, it was amazing to see how you mastered all the hurdles of this big project! Like integrating the Cinepak player, this is something that i tried hard, but always had bad luck with (the sound usually got out of sync with the picture).

All the best!

Matthias

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...