IGNORED

Archiver

Use Archiver V4.01 - it produces much smaller archives (though it is a little slower to pack/un-pack).

The link to the software is on this forum somewhere - do a search for it. The 80 column version produces pink text, which looks a little alarming, but it works just fine.

Thanks for the resonses. I have been chasing down some of the bugs in the compiler and will post that tonight. By archiving the files it can be sent to a real TI-99 easily, instead of doing it a file at a time. I might just do what I did before, send them to the ti one file at a time and archive them there. That'd give me a chance to be sure they work on real iron.

Use Archiver V4.01 - it produces much smaller archives (though it is a little slower to pack/un-pack).

The link to the software is on this forum somewhere - do a search for it. The 80 column version produces pink text, which looks a little alarming, but it works just fine.

If you are referring to the version I released, the algorithm is the same so the archive size should not differ from Archiver 3.03. There should also be no difference in the pack/un-pack speeds. I did not release an 80-column version and cannot comment on its algorithm or efficiency.

Yes, it does. There used to be a bug in Classic99 creating compressed archives, but with Tim's help we finally nailed that, and it should work fine now.

Excellent! I remembered that there was a bug in it but did not know that it had been fixed. Hope to have this done tonight and posted.

If you are referring to the version I released, the algorithm is the same so the archive size should not differ from Archiver 3.03. There should also be no difference in the pack/un-pack speeds. I did not release an 80-column version and cannot comment on its algorithm or efficiency.

It was a lame attempt to draw Senior Falcon into a wild goose chase as an April Fool gag.

It failed miserably!

I know how to create archived files using real hardware. To avoid having to send files over to the TI for this, can someone explain how to do this using an emulator such as Classic 99? I know TIDir can extract archived files - can it be used to create them?

I should mention that TI Imagetool will archive files as well. I use it all the time for the Gameshelf site. It's under the Development Resources pinned topic.