IGNORED

Season 3/ Weeks 7/8 ~ The NEW HSC ~ Radical Wheels Weeks

Vocelli

Only 15 or so people posted scores this week. Is this normal, to lose 2/3rds of the HSC less than half way through? (Or is it just Spring Break?)

Also, are the next two weeks games (Week 9/10) going to be posted next .Saturday? I liked the teaser for this week Vocelli.

Just you and me, Cap. Locked in Skateboardin' battle until one of us expires!

I forgot we had another week. Plenty of time to work on all three of my scores! bwa ha ha!

:spidey:

• Like 2

Did you look at my video? Do you have the same path as the shortest path? (I have given some consideration to seeing of it makes semse to go straight for the truck, and use the speed boost through the entire course.

BTW, you need not wait at the stop to get the boost from the truck. You can get a boost anywhere along the sidewalk if your feet or wheels are on the first 1-4 pixels of the sidewalk.

Edited by CapitanClassic

Skate Boardin’ Lowest Obtacles

Scoring on Skate Boardin’ will be based on Number of Obstacles Cleared… then Time left on the clojuck.

(25 for 1st, 24 for 2nd and so on)

13 Obstacles left/ 0:00 Remaining - Jason Atari

14 Obstacles left/ :58 Remaining - Jason Atari

@Vocelli: just want to point out that i am not Jason's clone - i am Mister-VCS...

BMX: 21,520

post-19659-0-88177000-1397892548_thumb.jpg

Just watched your vid, Cap. I had no idea you could squeeze between the barriers and the concrete wall. That is going to save me a TON of time. I was backtracking. Oh my. There are a few places where we differ near the street and the truck and I think my way is faster, but I'll let you know very soon!

Also it looked like you skipped the backwards ramp near the upper rightmost corner of the course, but you got credit for it. How does that work?

The next game will be posted on April 26.

I will be sure to give a teaser a day or two before.

I believe people are with family this week. Traditionally it was always a slow week so I always give 'Spring Break' week a 2 week special.

Mr. Vocelli,

Does Color Format (PAL - 50 FPS / NTSC - 60 FPS) matter in this HSC?

Normally, I use NTSC format to play 2600 games on Stella. In rare occasions, I have to use PAL format.

Edited by oyamafamily

I would say no. The HSC has players from all around the world, I am sure someone is in a location that only has PAL TVs. It would be a shame to force them to play it on emulators if they have the real hardware.

There is a difference of course, PAL plays 17% slower. For most human reaction times, that isn't going to make Mich of a difference (I think). I don't know how Stella handles playing PAL versus NTSC though. Motor Rodeo is PAL, so does it update my monitor at 50 Hz, or does it use the 60Hz global frame rate? (These emulators have to emulate the TV for the 2600, so I think it is the former 50hz speed)

• Like 1

I would say no. The HSC has players from all around the world, I am sure someone is in a location that only has PAL TVs. It would be a shame to force them to play it on emulators if they have the real hardware.

There is a difference of course, PAL plays 17% slower. For most human reaction times, that isn't going to make Mich of a difference (I think). I don't know how Stella handles playing PAL versus NTSC though. Motor Rodeo is PAL, so does it update my monitor at 50 Hz, or does it use the 60Hz global frame rate? (These emulators have to emulate the TV for the 2600, so I think it is the former 50hz speed)

Stella handles PAL at a slower speed....not just frame rate on the display... easiest way to see the speed difference is to play Flash Gordon NTSC and PAL versions...you can really see the difference in the speed of the game with that rom.

Mr. Vocelli,

Does Color Format (PAL - 50 FPS / NTSC - 60 FPS) matter in this HSC?

Normally, I use NTSC format to play 2600 games on Stella. In rare occasions, I have to use PAL format.

No. It does not matter.

And for the record.... Emulation is not preferred but I understand that it is needed because we do not own all the games (although I am trying, lol).

That's fine to use emulation but PLEASE... OH PLEASE... be honest.

Sometimes it is disheartening for Hardware players to see someone post a high score on Emulation not knowing what goes on behind the 'flip this switch/moving this switch/using that switch'. Sometime I question if I should give extra points to Hardware users. But then there is 'cart frying' and 'bugs'.

So PLEASE... nothing is won here... just play for fun and try to make it fun for all and we can see our HSC continue to be a success.

Thanks.

Vocelli

• Like 2

I was able to cut some time off my route by hitting the gap between the wall and the barriers, but I still miss the truck and without just getting lucky there is no way I can beat you on Skateboardin', Cap. I concede defeat. I will continue to try, but at this point perfection is the only path to victory and I'm not sure I can survive the attempts required to achieve that! ;) :-D

Looks like I'll be beating my head against Motorodeo the rest of the week.

• Like 1

Wow Cap. Those fruit punch colors and tiny trax are screwing with my brain. I see now that my mistake has been trying to finish the course as quickly as possible. It is better to crush things and slow-time jumps. This changes things!

Yeah, the 100 points you get for finishing first is inconsequential to the points from the obstacles. I have been going slowly to try to figure out exactly what speed to leave the ramp to hit the floating platforms (25 points), and floating 50 points. You also get 5 boings for bouncing on your wheels. Edited by CapitanClassic