IGNORED

Thetris - game for FLOP magazine

MaPa

Yes… I thought my ANTIC was defect. So I took the whole thing apart (AGAIN!) and started swapping components for about 2 hours, until I finally realized that my Atari 800 indeed has OS roms dated 1981, while my Atari 400 has rom chips dated 1980.

Then I start looking on internet for OS A … and found that link. Then I saw on my screen the same as I see with my Atari 400.

Although I want my Atari 400 to be as compatible as possible, I leave it with OS A… that is absolutely a rarity here in my house.

Yes in game is perfect. I have played a lot of thetris today on the 400. That was pretty cool. (Yes besides the taking apart and re-assembling the atari 400 a few times)

Edited by ProWizard

I'm afraid I don't have any links but I agree that would be interesting! Given MaPa's statement that DLIs must not be firing, I deduced that SETVBV was the culprit simply by trying OS A and OS B and setting a breakpoint on writes to NMIEN in Altirra (bx "write=NMIEN"). When the breakpoint hits, you can see in the CPU history that the call to SETVBV is the event leading up to NMIEN getting clobbered with $40.

Yes… I thought my ANTIC was defect. So I took the whole thing apart (AGAIN!) and started swapping components for about 2 hours, until I finally realized that my Atari 800 indeed has OS roms dated 1981, while my Atari 400 has rom chips dated 1980.

Then I start looking on internet for OS A … and found that link. Then I saw on my screen the same as I see with my Atari 400.

Although I want my Atari 400 to be as compatible as possible, I leave it with OS A… that is absolutely a rarity here in my house.

Yes in game is perfect. I have played a lot of thetris today on the 400. That was pretty cool. (Yes besides the taking apart and re-assembling the atari 400 a few times)

Can you please test and see if your PAL Rev A 400 has CTIA or GTIA? In BASIC, just do a POKE 623,64. If the screen goes black you are GTIA, else you are CTIA. If CTIA, I am doubly jealous!!!

Since MaPa helpfully published the code, I was able to easily patch it with a one-line fix:

attachicon.gifthetris-osa-fix.xex

--- thetris.xsm~        2014-05-28 15:37:08.284105500 -0500
+++ thetris.xsm 2014-05-28 15:37:40.597953700 -0500
@@ -2628,7 +2628,7 @@
                ldx >vbi
                lda #7
                jsr $e45c
+                mva #$c0 $d40e

lda #1

Hi!

Since I don't have those crossassemblers could you please do rolltris too for me?

Thank you really a lot! It's much appreciated!

Marius