IGNORED

Xirius Defect XXL - game for FLOP diskmag

matosimi

Hello,

here is new production of cooperation between me, therealbountybob and pseudografx:

it's highly-expanded version of my Abbuc game created for Flop diskmag.

DOWNLOAD: http://matosimi.websupport.sk/atari/2014/04/xirius-defect-xxl/

Enjoy!

Edited by matosimi
  • Like 14

Very nice game !!! Can the ST mouse be supported?

actually, i have worked on ST mouse support for original version (1.1) - you can read about it on my blog, but it did not work well. It's already coded, but disabled in XXL version. I couldn't test it, it worked very strange in emulator and it was completely wicked on real hw.

I grabbed some routine i found online, dont remember where from. i believe it was coded by fox or jaskier...

• Like 1

The orignal Xirius Defect was fun, but too easy and too short, so we've rectified that, and then some...

Xirius Defect XXL now features up to 6 pieces (the original abbuc game had 4).

As well as diagonals and combination pieces with multi-directions there are lots of new features. Plus some tricky levels, and ten batches of 23 levels to keep you busy. The game starts with a nice Training batch to demonstrate all of the features of the game. Harder levels are usually towards the end of each batch. The first few batches don't have so many of the new features so be patient.

To unlock the next batch you need to complete 20 of the 23 screens - the screen flashes Boulderdash style to let you know. Completing all 23 levels gives you a restart code for that batch, type in the codes after starting the game.

Another nice feature is you can do the levels in any order and return to them at any time. To add some replay value there is a timer which counts up not down, so yes you have unlimited time ;)

Some info (there are help screens in the game)

PIECES:

Horizontal. Vertical and Diagonal pieces

"Splitters" draw lines either side of the piece

"Skippers" miss out every other space

Combinations of these!

OBSTACLES:

"Blockers" stop your lines

"Repulsors" prevent your line from even starting

"Togglers" turn on or off, or on off and on again!

"Fillers" hit them twice to light them up

Have fun and watch out for the level patterns, hope you like fish!!!

[Download the game from matosimi's web site on post #1]

trbb

p.s. sorry about the JK levels :-D

hints: you may need some :evil:

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 3

Go Gwobby :thumbsup:

Some times for you to beat once you've mastered the game

Batch 1 ?

Batch 2 ?

Batch 3 14:54

Batch 4 16:50

bearing in mind I designed lost of the levels and have played them a few times...

For comparison Gwobby on his first go

Batch 1 ?

Batch 2 14:11 ?

Batch 3 46.27 ?

Batch 4 69.38 - there were a couple that got him thinking :-D

Yes "I crushed him like a fly" :evil: [he'd better read this!]

post-19705-0-45246400-1397904289_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-14505900-1397904291_thumb.jpg

p.s. sorry about the JK levels :-D

hints: you may need some :evil:

The first of the two "JK" levels is "73" (hex) at the end of batch 5 and at the half-way point of the game, by my calculations. If anyone does complete this one then please make a note of what you did (before you put the last piece in and it goes off screen) and post here, there should be a prize! (but there isn't :-D )...

I've just spent ages and can't crack it :mad: so I'd not spend too long on it and skip ahead to the next batch. Thankfully, by design, after completing most of the levels in a batch the game lets you continue to the next batch. This starts with some easy ones again and the levels gets much more interesting from this point; not sure whether you can unlock the next password or not if you miss one out?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm stumped on Level 73 and worse news you don't get the next password for completing the following batch of levels.

Here is the level in question

post-19705-0-69947000-1398813743_thumb.jpg

and here is the best I've managed

post-19705-0-26234500-1398813740_thumb.jpg

So can anyone crack it?!

You can still play through the game and reach more interesting levels but not completing a batch means having to start from this batch to play through to the end of the game - perhaps Matosimi will release the next password if no one can beat it after a few weeks ;)

post-19705-0-84781800-1398813741_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hi Martin

please please please will you replace level 73 as it's impossible and spoils the game? (yes, I screwed up with this one)

Also will you post all the batch passwords

I think Xirius Defect XXL is a serious contender for the next Kaz Kompo (Best game of 2014) check it out everyone :)

After the release I was quite interested in this game and I've been going through the levels quite fast (it was fun), but after getting to that level 73 I gave up and I lost interest. Difficulty of that level is not comparable with any previous level - if there exists a solution at all. Playing should be a pleasure, I'm not going to write a computer programme just to find a way to beat it (or to prove that there is no proper solution)...

Edited by +Adam+
  • Like 1

Hi Martin

please please please will you replace level 73 as it's impossible and spoils the game? (yes, I screwed up with this one)

Also will you post all the batch passwords

I think Xirius Defect XXL is a serious contender for the next Kaz Kompo (Best game of 2014) check it out everyone :)

no problem, just send me another level data and i will swap them.

...but I recall there is at least one more similarly sick level somewhere near end.

After the release I was quite interested in this game and I've been going through the levels quite fast (it was fun), but after getting to that level 73 I gave up and I lost interest. Difficulty of that level is not comparable with any previous level - if there exists a solution at all. Playing should be a pleasure, I'm not going to write a computer programme just to find a way to beat it (or to prove that there is no proper solution)...

It looks like no one have finished this game and seen the final screen :skull:

would you try to reach the ending if we remove this pain-in-the-ass level?

So, as I understand, that level is really unbeatable (at least you two - the creators - don't know the solution)?

Yeah, I would try. I don't have much time for Atari currently, but I'll do my best :)

Ye, Jason (trbb) designed that level, it also carries his signature :) it should be beatable, all levels are beatable, but we cannot find out how :D

• Like 1

I've sent you a new level 73 cunningly designed as a 73; it's still tricky but is much easier. I still wonder if the original level might just be possible somehow so it can remain a challenge for anyone who is a super genius :-D Looking forward to the fixed version so I can play again. XD XXL should be one of those games like Fandal's Diamondz that you can return to periodically when you've forgotton the levels :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the first four passwords that will take you up to the batch where the new level 73 is (see above posts) - and where there are more fun levels using the newer features:

TRAINING

ORIGINALS

CRYPTONITE

ZILLION

I'm playing through the game again! For some reason I was stewing over level 5a so here is some help if you too happen to get stuck:

post-19705-0-50226700-1416355063_thumb.jpg

:)