IGNORED

what about a pool for the best game of all time

vprette

The grouping is fine, I just think that the home-brews should not be pitted against the original 125. I also think that all home-brews should compared together, whether in one or multiple polls.

Yah the homebrews should absolutely be in there own categories. See my post above

Dunno what goes into what, but my favorite games are:

Tron Deadly Discs

Space Patrol (Demo)

Terminal program (ECS)

----------(Lets me play the BBS game Legend of the Red Dragon online.) :P

D K

B-17 Bomber

Well, that is generally what I play.

But if the Terminal program and L.O.R.D. doesn't count I have a lot of time on Star Strike.

Edited by doctorclu

you mean ALL teh homebrews or just the winners of game of the years?

As far as I know, there's only been three "winners of the year," Donkey Kong Arcade, Christmas Carol, and Super Chef BT (or was it Super Pro Tennis?)

This precludes other games like Stonix and Space Patrol, which never got the chance, since the polls started in 2011.

Unless you are suggesting to include the pre-2011 set with the winners of post-2011? That's fine with me, since the community seems to have already spoken for the latter ones.

My comment was because in your post you said, the "original 125+home-brews (pre-2011)," and then "home-brew winners (post-2011)." I just think that the two sets of home-brews should go together, and they should be separate from the original 125.

What do you think?

As far as I know, there's only been three "winners of the year," Donkey Kong Arcade, Christmas Carol, and Super Chef BT (or was it Super Pro Tennis?)

This precludes other games like Stonix and Space Patrol, which never got the chance, since the polls started in 2011.

Unless you are suggesting to include the pre-2011 set with the winners of post-2011? That's fine with me, since the community seems to have already spoken for the latter ones.

My comment was because in your post you said, the "original 125+home-brews (pre-2011)," and then "home-brew winners (post-2011)." I just think that the two sets of home-brews should go together, and they should be separate from the original 125.

What do you think?

yes my intention was all hombrew pre-2011 togheter with goty 2011,12,13 (super chef, sorry for the official announcement, just done)

mmmm...

since many people around the pools suggest to save several very good games that do no win the pools for the round 2... I'm a bit confused on what to do: choosing only few second place because they are just good titles is not fair as concept... so either we take only the pool winners OR we move the 1st +2nd to the round 2... for aprox 50 titles in round 2... but this will make the contest take longer time... don't know, what you prefere?

Edited by vprette

mmmm...

since many people around the pools suggest to save several very good games that do no win the pools for the round 2... I'm a bit confused on what to do: choosing only few second place because they are just good titles is not fair as concept... so either we take only the pool winners OR we move the 1st +2nd to the round 2... for aprox 50 titles in round 2... but this will make the contest take longer time... don't know, what you prefere?

Top two works for me. No need to be in a rush. As Joe mentioned, cutting from 125 to 50 is a pretty significant culling to start with. Maybe then it goes to 20, then 8, 4, 2 then winner? At the end of the day, this has us all talking about our favourite Intellivision games and isn't that the point of us coming to AA in the first place? I'd say more of a good thing is....well, good. :)

Top two works for me. No need to be in a rush. As Joe mentioned, cutting from 125 to 50 is a pretty significant culling to start with. Maybe then it goes to 20, then 8, 4, 2 then winner? At the end of the day, this has us all talking about our favourite Intellivision games and isn't that the point of us coming to AA in the first place? I'd say more of a good thing is....well, good. :)

ok I propose 1st + 2nd

there will be 50 -> 20 -> 8 ... I suppose the final should be with 4 titles... not just 2.... you want just 2 titles in the final?

ok I propose 1st + 2nd

there will be 50 -> 20 -> 8 ... I suppose the final should be with 4 titles... not just 2.... you want just 2 titles in the final?

Well at 50 you'd have 10 groups of five with the top two in each advancing, then at twenty you'd have four groups of five with the top two advancing, then once you get to eight I'd do two groups of four with the top two advancing which gets you to four at which time I would do two semifinals of two leaving the last two games standing to battle for the overall title. Yay fun! :)

• Like 1

This has been lots of fun so far, thanks again for doing this. I'd suggest for round 2 that games that competed in the same group as each other were separated for this next round. By the way, you'll be adding Diner to that top percentage group when all is said and done.

This has been lots of fun so far, thanks again for doing this. I'd suggest for round 2 that games that competed in the same group as each other were separated for this next round. By the way, you'll be adding Diner to that top percentage group when all is said and done.

yes, in different groups...

remember I close the first 5 pools in a week the thread will be locked

Initial results

to round 2:

Beauty & beast

Microsurgeon

Astrosmash

Dreadnaught

Best pool winner by %

Beauty & Beast (Imagic) 53.85%

Astrosmash (Mattel) 45.90%

Best pool winner by total votes

Beauty & Beast (Imagic) 35 votes

Astrosmash (Mattel) 28 votes

Brands (by amount of titles):

Imagic 2 50%

Mattel 1 25%

Intv ..

Coleco/CBS ..

Parker ..

Activision 1 25%

Interphase ..

Sega ..

Atarisoft ..

Edited by vprette

Update

to round 2:

NFL Football

skiing

river raid

space battle

Best pool winner by %

River Raid (Activision) 42.11%

River Raid (Activision) 24 votes

brands (amount of titles):

Imagic 2

Mattel 4

Intv ..

Coleco/CBS ..

Parker ..

Activision 2

Interphase ..

Sega ..

Atarisoft ..

Edited by vprette

Update

to round 2:

b17

bombsquad

atlantis

mouse trap

Best pool winner by %

Atlantis (Imagic) 81.97%

Atlantis (Imagic) 50 votes

Imagic 3

Mattel 6

Intv ..

Coleco/CBS 1

Parker ..

Activision 2

Interphase ..

Sega ..

Atarisoft ..

Edited by vprette

Update

Best pool winner by %

Atlantis (Imagic) 81.97%

AD&D (Mattel) 56.14%

LV Poker (Mattel) 55.10%

AD&D (Mattel) 32 votes

Imagic 3

Mattel 12

Intv 2

Coleco/CBS 1

Parker 1

Activision 2

Interphase ..

Sega ..

Atarisoft ..

Edited by vprette

Update

Best pool winner by %

Atlantis (Imagic) 81.97%

World Series Baseball (Mattel ecs) 63.27%

AD&D (Mattel) 56.14%

AD&D (Mattel) 32 votes

Imagic 4

Mattel 19

Intv 5

Coleco/CBS 1

Parker 1

Activision 3

Interphase ..

Sega ..

Atarisoft ..

activision advance and equal imagic in numbers

the big new entry is burgertime with 41 votes (collected in a much more diffult pool than atlantis)

Best pool winner by %

Atlantis (Imagic) 81.97%

Burgertime (Mattel - Bally) 77.36%

World Series Baseball (Mattel ecs) 63.27%

Burgertime (Mattel - Bally) 41 votes

Imagic 5

Mattel 20

Intv 5