IGNORED

Puzzle game suggestion

bfollett

I saw on the TI 99/4A forum that someone posted a remake of the following game, and I thought it wouldn't be too hard if a skilled programmer in the Atari forum wanted to give it a shot. It might have even fit into the 10 line or less contest if this wasn't the last day for entries. See link to game below:

http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

This is crazy. I just played 2048 for 10 minutes without even knowing the rules it was total fun: 7120 PTS

I'll never understand how these game creating brains work - it's simply beyond ... :-)

There was an 8-bit Atari party "Grzybsoniada" this weekend in Poland and new game "2048" was shown there: link

Have fun! :)

It's a good game, and a good version. I had it lock up in Altirra once though, while running it in NTSC mode -- after I played about 7 or 8 games in a row.

There was an 8-bit Atari party "Grzybsoniada" this weekend in Poland and new game "2048" was shown there: link

Have fun! :)

Very nice! I recently installed the Android App by the original creator, Grabriele Cirulli. This version is very faithful! Congrats to Lewis, Dely, Miker and Lisu on a great conversion! The music is also very enjoyable.

I spent some time to beat it. ;)

post-21021-0-59534100-1399855694_thumb.png

• Like 2

One improvement that could be made is with the controls. If you hold the joystick in one direction for too long, you can make multiple moves in a row when you don't want to. It should check that the joystick is back to neutral before accepting another move.

• 2 weeks later...

Xuel, what´s your final score? :)

post-21666-0-32867100-1400661844_thumb.jpg

Very nice! I recently installed the Android App by the original creator, Grabriele Cirulli. This version is very faithful! Congrats to Lewis, Dely, Miker and Lisu on a great conversion! The music is also very enjoyable.

I spent some time to beat it. ;)

attachicon.gif2048.png

post-21666-0-50551900-1400661786_thumb.jpg

Edited by skr
  • Like 1