IGNORED

Ms. Pac-Man with Enhancements

MrFish

How hard would it be to make a multicart with several updated Pac-Man Games? Do like the Pac-Man collection that is on the 7800 for the 8-bit.

It's not a bad idea. This one isn't even finished yet though. I do plan to do something similar with Jr. Pac-Man too.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I adjusted the color of the title screen to be the proper yellow, instead of that greenish yellow. I've been meaning to change that for a while.

I also tweaked a few things on the cut-scenes...

attachicon.gifMs. Pac Enhanced (Beta 3-9-2016).xex

Looks good. I agree - it would be cool to see the score line in hi-res.

Just curious... I took out my original cartridge and compared its game play to this version. This version starts at a much faster pace. Not complaining -- just thought it seemed fast, and confirmed it with the original. Presume that was intended?

-Larry

Just curious... I took out my original cartridge and compared its game play to this version. This version starts at a much faster pace. Not complaining -- just thought it seemed fast, and confirmed it with the original. Presume that was intended?

Not only does it start at a faster pace, it continues at a faster pace. The slowness was one of the complaints with the original, especially when compared with the 7800 version.

Tep392 did up some tables and matched the speeds of all the levels as closely as possible with the arcade version.

Another thing that was done was to make the delay when eating a dot a closer match with the arcade. The original Atari version was hard as nails due to having the delay set too long. This makes the new version much more playable. Not easy by any means, but you should definitely be getting higher scores with this version.

• Like 3

Tep392 did up some tables and matched the speeds of all the levels as closely as possible with the arcade version.

Just to expand on this a little bit. Tep392 actually used a documented disassembly of the arcade version in order to derive the necessary adjustments needed for this version.

• Like 1

One more update to the bird on the "Act 3" intermission that I did last week:

Ms. Pac Enhanced (Beta 3-13-2016).xex

Some of you may have a hard time getting to the point in the game where you can see it (you must beat 3 consecutive Banana Levels).

So here are a couple of vids; one of the original version and one of the new version:

Act 3 (Original).mp4

Act 3 (New).mp4

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks, I'll have to get back at this someday.

Interesting, I was looking at the behavior of Ms. Pac with the bouncing food as compared with the blue ghosts. She can sit still, let a blue ghost run into her, and it will be eaten. But, she can't do the same thing with bouncing food; she has to be moving in order to eat it. This lines up with how things work on the arcade machine. So, hats off to Atari for getting this little detail right.

• Like 7