IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

Hi Rasmus!

I tried to let JS99 speak from Basic in Terminal Emulator II but the log shows warnings:

PC reset to >0024
Speech: reset
Executing disk DSR power-up routine.
Executing disk DSR FILES routine (n = 3).
Speech: speak external
Begin talking
*** Warning *** data_write: Ran out of room in the tms52xx FIFO! this should never happen!
*** Warning *** data_write: Ran out of room in the tms52xx FIFO! this should never happen!

Here is what i did in Basic:

JS99 asked me to update and i confirmed that before trying it today.

JS99 is really nice!!!!

Thanks, this should be fixed now.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

There have been some questions in other threads about Js99'er and the emulation of the F18A, so here it is: Js99'er supports almost all features of the F18A 1.6 firmware except the CPU side scan line interrupt. In general the main issue is that the timing of GPU code execution is wrong, but for the development of application that are not time critical it should be fine. You can run the F18A demo disk in Js99'er just fine, but the demos that are using both the F18A GPU and the CPU for playing music will suffer.

F18ADEMOS.dsk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wondering for a while... Would it be feasible, if I have hosted an .rpk and/or .dsk file somewhere, to allow me to create a link to js99er.net that automatically fetches and loads that cartridge/disk? Maybe by extending the Google Drive support that's already in there? Or perhaps a way to add files to a js99er.net-hosted repository directly, and allow loading some of those files automatically?

Once we have that, I would imagine we can ask Albert to allow embedding of a js99er.net instance in forum posts, so game development threads can come with an embedded emulator (kinda like what sometimes99er sometimes does with his Flash demos).

There have been some questions in other threads about Js99'er and the emulation of the F18A, so here it is: Js99'er supports almost all features of the F18A 1.6 firmware except the CPU side scan line interrupt. In general the main issue is that the timing of GPU code execution is wrong, but for the development of application that are not time critical it should be fine. You can run the F18A demo disk in Js99'er just fine, but the demos that are using both the F18A GPU and the CPU for playing music will suffer.

tried your latest and it went kablooee

nevermind i didnt turn on f18a in the options :)

Edited by arcadeshopper

I've been wondering for a while... Would it be feasible, if I have hosted an .rpk and/or .dsk file somewhere, to allow me to create a link to js99er.net that automatically fetches and loads that cartridge/disk? Maybe by extending the Google Drive support that's already in there? Or perhaps a way to add files to a js99er.net-hosted repository directly, and allow loading some of those files automatically?

Once we have that, I would imagine we can ask Albert to allow embedding of a js99er.net instance in forum posts, so game development threads can come with an embedded emulator (kinda like what sometimes99er sometimes does with his Flash demos).

That would be cool, but for security reasons I don't think AtariAge would permit js99er to be embedded in an iframe. There is also an issue about CORS for loading the rpk/dsk if it's not hosted on js99er.net.

I love it. Thanks so much! It just blows my mind what you can do with Javascript. I just played PARSEC! Cool!

If I want to write code with it, can I save it somewhere?

You can Save and Restore all disk images to your browser's local storage from the Disk Manager. You can also Download a disk image from your browser to a local file.

An alternative, if you have a Google account, is to save your files on one of the Google Drive devices (GDR1, GDR2, GDR3) mapped to the folders Js99erDrives/GDR1-3 on your Google Drive.

Note that Js99er does not use a server except to serve the static program files, so nothing you save will end up on my server, but if you save on your a Google Drive it will end up on their servers, of course.

• Like 1

I tested js99er on my Samsung Note 3 android phone and it works great except for sounds which are distorted (minor issue as far as I'm concerned). However, when I try to load a dsk image from my Google drive, the android OS pops a menu asking for an action which includes Camera, Camcorder, Voice Recorder or Documents. If I try documents, then only files with .doc or txt show up. Any way figure out how to load dsk images with android?

• 2 weeks later...

FCTN QUIT.

Obviously one can click the Reset button. And one can use the Keyboard tab (clicking FCTN and then QUIT). Is there a hotkey though, like AltGr and something right above in the top row ?

;)

With PC Keyboard disabled it is AltGr + on a Danish keyboard. With PC Keyboard enabled it is F10.

• Like 1

I tested js99er on my Samsung Note 3 android phone and it works great except for sounds which are distorted (minor issue as far as I'm concerned). However, when I try to load a dsk image from my Google drive, the android OS pops a menu asking for an action which includes Camera, Camcorder, Voice Recorder or Documents. If I try documents, then only files with .doc or txt show up. Any way figure out how to load dsk images with android?

It works for my on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I press Open DSK/TIFILES, then Documents, Drive, My Drive, a directory, and I see all files.

I know I've asked this before, and I searched this thread for the answer, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Anyway. Does the F18A implementation in js99er draw the image per scanline? ie, could I use js99er to test the development of raster effects? I know the scanline interrupt isn't supported (just reminded myself of that after hunting for a bug in my code over the past two hours or so :) ), but perhaps you do draw the screen one scanline at a time?

Also, I have one tiny feature request: would it be possible to reload the .dsk image from disk whenever the system is reset? That would save me from having to reload the image every time I want test an updated version.

You can test raster effects based on the HSYNC trigger. This is the only code that js99er can run while the display is drawn. The way it works is that the GPU is activated after each scanline is drawn, and it runs until the next IDLE instruction.

JavaScript prevents me from loading anything from disk without popping up a file upload dialog. You can use the Google drives instead of disk images.

It works for my on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I press Open DSK/TIFILES, then Documents, Drive, My Drive, a directory, and I see all files.

I got it work after a complete phone restart. Not sure what the initial issue is. It's really nifty to have the emulation running on my phone, although it's a tad slower than it should be on my Galaxy Note 3. This is where having a big screen phone really pays off!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

where can I download the actual offline-version of js99er ?

(all links I followed end up in googledrive, where don´t have an account)

thanks for any help

schmitzi

I don't provide a specific offline version any longer, but once you have visited js99er.net the app will be stored in your browsers app cache so you can use it again even without internet access. Note that only a few of the carts in the menus are cached (XB and EA) so you will have to be online or provide your own rpk files to use other carts.

• Like 2

ah OK, tak.

:)

It is probably somewhere in this forum, but good to take note of this as well to run it in full screen mode!

http://js99er.net/fullscreen.html

Rasmus -->

1. Maybe it is good to have a quick-link when people access js99er.net so they can switch between 2x modes ?

2. Also I see a blue "target" icon which I thought it was to switch to full screen mode

(but nothing happens I think when I press it?), but I do not see the "target" icon in the full screen version.

(icon is next to the screen-shot icon at the bottom)

Last week I ran the JS99er.net on an LG smart TV (50") using WebOS, works all okay. But I could not hear sound somehow.

(I will not have the ability to test this again, just some feedback and was fun to test). Pacman was running a bit slow as well.

>> Probably the browser on the SmartTV has the same issue as I have in Internet Explorer:

"*** Warning *** Web Audio API not supported by this browser"

>> IE: 11.0.9600.1914

>> Update version 11.0.21 (KB3065822)

>> the LG TV WebOS browser version I cannot check as it is in Netherlands

>> but in Firefox (v 39) and Chrome browser (v Version 43.0.2357.130 m)

everything works okay and I can hear the sound