IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

Does anyone have Parsec working with the speech enabled? It just locks up/crashes on my laptop and desktop.

Same here, it works for a while and then it hangs with a continuous sound (something similar like the real iron TI hang-up sound)

BTW - Parsec is the game I want to test on all emulators, I believe that V9T9 and MESS have better Speech (but I have not tested all latest versions of the emulators)

[Edit] - I just opened the parsec.rpk from ftp://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/rpk/ that one works (not freezing so far),

but the speech is a bit "scrambled"

Edited by globeron

Is it possible to write a URL that starts Js99'er and autoloads a cartridge from another location (URL) ?

:)

I've asked this before, it'd be a killer feature but it would open up js99er.net to cross-site scripting security issues. By default, your browser won't allow Javascipt to load binary data hosted on domains other than the one it's running from (js99er.net in this case). There's ways around that (like uuencoding your binary in text format, or letting the host retrieve and cache the file, then serve it itself), but they all introduce additional (although mostly small-ish) security risks.

[Edit] - I just opened the parsec.rpk from ftp://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/rpk/ that one works (not freezing so far),

but the speech is a bit "scrambled"

Just tested this myself, and I'm getting a similar effect to this with the version of Parsec hosted on the site. Speech is mostly fine, but sometimes it garbles up/glitches. Whenever it happes, you see this in the log window:

Speech: speak external
Begin talking
*** Warning *** Ran out of bits on a parse (4)
Speech: speak external
Begin talking

Never had it hang though.

I've asked this before, it'd be a killer feature but it would open up js99er.net to cross-site scripting security issues. By default, your browser won't allow Javascipt to load binary data hosted on domains other than the one it's running from (js99er.net in this case). There's ways around that (like uuencoding your binary in text format, or letting the host retrieve and cache the file, then serve it itself), but they all introduce additional (although mostly small-ish) security risks.

Okay. Thanks.

Regarding loading a cartridge from another location, it could work if your API provided the right CORS headers, but if you have a website anyway it's probably much easier to host your own version of js99er. It doesn't require anything from the server except serving the files. There is a reasonably up-to-date version of the source code here:

https://github.com/Rasmus-M/Js99er

Regarding the speech, I have the same issues on my computer, but I have not been able to find out exactly why it runs of bits to parse. My emulation is converted from MESS, but since JavaScript is basically single threaded I cannot use the advanced timing of MESS, and if you have read about the speech synth in the E/A manual you know there is a lot of timing involved.

To be honest, it's a miracle that js99er works as well as it does. First of all, the speed of JavaScript, being an interpreted language, is amazing. Then there is the timing, which is based on a simple timer that is running the main loop every 17 ms. Within that time frame it's emulating execution of 50000 CPU clock cycles followed by the drawing of the screen. Thirdly, there is the sound, including the speech. This is based on the JavaScript sound API that requests sample data from the main thread as needed to produce a steady sound output. And here is the problem I guess: there is no accurate timing between when the sound output consumes data and when the data are produced by the CPU. Perhaps there's something I can do, but it's not on my todo list right now.

• Like 6

Re: Regarding the speech, I have the same issues on my computer, but I have not been able to find out exactly why it runs of bits to parse. My emulation is converted from MESS, but since JavaScript is basically single threaded I cannot use the advanced timing of MESS, and if you have read about the speech synth in the E/A manual you know there is a lot of timing involved

>> Not sure if this helps:

>> V9T9 (files are also on Github, by Ed), it is written in Java, but his emulator does not have the Speech issues

>> (or does Java have the same advanced timing like MESS/MAME?)

>> Since TI60 (V9T9 dos version), I extracted the Speech.bin (from my original Speech Synthesizer using the tools in that package).

>> the latest v9t9 emulator makes use of that file, see the picture and probably the Java communicates with it ?

>> (I am not a programming expert), but the Speech in v9t9 is solid and very close (if not the same) as the real iron Speech Synthesizer

>> experience.post-39490-0-20776100-1438825858_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I get an error when saving to Google Drive:
Pop-ups are allowed. The app does not pop the user authentication window.

400. That’s an error.

Error: origin_mismatch

Application: Project Default Service Account

You can email the developer of this application at: Rasmus.Moustgaard@gmail.com

Request Details
proxy=oauth2relay651220595
immediate=false
scope=https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive
origin=http://www.js99er.net
response_type=token
redirect_uri=postmessage
state=261320642|0.38130673
client_id=101694421528-72cnh0nor5rvoj245fispof8hdaq47i4.apps.googleusercontent.com
include_granted_scopes=true
authuser=0
That’s all we know.

I launched js99er a short while ago to test something, and was greeted with "new version available update now". I chose to update and was greeted with a green screen and no activity... here is info from the log.

MS transparent mode set
PC reset to >0024
Start
Frame 0 running
Frame 0 running: 0.0 / 60.0 FPS

I launched js99er a short while ago to test something, and was greeted with "new version available update now". I chose to update and was greeted with a green screen and no activity... here is info from the log.

MS transparent mode set

PC reset to >0024

Start

Frame 0 running

Hmm, your browser much be caching the wrong version of some of the files. I just triggered another update, perhaps that will help?

If not, try opening the developer console (ctrl-shift-i). Do you see any errors?

...I use CCleaner (free) for all that crap, for more than 10 years, on many systems

(had not one problem with it at all, and all systems obviously running better)

http://www.piriform.com

Same here CCleaner is good, also for cleaning the registry, never had issues with it.

But to refresh the cache browser, you can use this trick: press SHIFT and reload the page (or "F5"), that forces the webbrowser to get it from the source

(that also helps if an Internet Service Provider caches webpages in between the real server and your computer).

Though Javascript of today, is usually not interpreted for very long, or at all. Depending on the engine (v8, JaegerMonkey, TraceMonkey, Nitro etc etc) it goes directly from Javascript source to machine code (compiler approach) or through some intermediate bytecode generated from the source and then inte machine code.

Same here CCleaner is good, also for cleaning the registry, never had issues with it.

But to refresh the cache browser, you can use this trick: press SHIFT and reload the page (or "F5"), that forces the webbrowser to get it from the source

(that also helps if an Internet Service Provider caches webpages in between the real server and your computer).

yep, but SHIFT-F5 does not clear anything, it just bypasses the local cache for this one load.

and java JVM has its own cache. Javascript I don´t know, and what it does next, and where from

In the IE, I have the following setting (don´t ask me for the correct english spelling :) )

sounds like: -> Tools -> IE-Options -> Common -> Browserhistory? -> Settings -> Temp. Internetfiles -> "On every access"

post-41141-0-08814500-1440363726_thumb.jpg

For the CCleaner there are 2 important folders, to add for deletion (contents & subfolders only):

post-41141-0-66731100-1440364045_thumb.jpg

ALL other settings in the sections "Cleaner" and "Registry" just have to be viewed once,

this is a question of personal taste. i.e. at "Registry", I strongly recommend to check ALL options,

(and just say "Yes" to save all changes to a .REG-file on your harddisk)

and to check so often until NO more errors are reported.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not relevant for anyone else, but I implemented an object file loader in js99er.net, so you can now open an assembly object file from WinAsm99 (like the attached) directly in the emulator (Open DSK/TIFILES) without going through the Editor/Assembler. It only work for files with absolute addressing, without any REFS, and with auto-start, which happens to include everything I have programmed for the TI.

jsw.obj

Rasmus, do you still support a downloadable version of js99er? I'd like to add some debugging tools that would benefit me personally (and anyone else using js99er to do GCC development in). Basically, I'd like to be able to read in a linker map file (such as the one attached) and be able to use the symbols in that file to watch memory, set the breakpoint, etc...

linker_map.txt

Rasmus, do you still support a downloadable version of js99er? I'd like to add some debugging tools that would benefit me personally (and anyone else using js99er to do GCC development in). Basically, I'd like to be able to read in a linker map file (such as the one attached) and be able to use the symbols in that file to watch memory, set the breakpoint, etc...

The source in GitHub should be up to date now:

https://github.com/Rasmus-M/Js99er

• 1 month later...

Rasmus, have you noticed that the smartphone icon for js99'er seems to have disappeared? If I add bookmark to home screen in android now for js99'er, I get a generic bookmark icon.

cheers

Daryn

It looks like there are changes in Chrome/Android in how home screen installed apps work. I need to define a new type of manifest before the right icon shows up.

• Like 1

BTW, new in JS99'er 5.1 is that you can open single file cartridge ROM images without packing them into an RPK. If the last character of the filename (before the extension) is 3 the image is assumed to be inverted (as in Classic99), otherwise it is treated as non-inverted.

• Like 3