IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

I have zero trust in network drives.

You do know Sony was hacked using the Network drives?

And others lost data due to these so called secure network drives.

A hard drive on your own system without any internet access is a billion times safer to guard.

• 2 weeks later...

With JS99'er version 7.0.1

I am still noticing an issue with the simulated keypress.

For example, clicking on the letter "B" of "BASIC" actually simulates a press of "A"

I believe it is choosing the character one column to the right.

Thanks, you're right. I will fix it.

Hi Rasmus,

(trying to show how the 1200 Baud loader V2 works to save from Disk to tape (.wav file),

currently travelling and not a real TI with me)

XB

DSK1.load

then option B

I/O error 27 in 20

attachicon.gif0135-AssemblyRoutines-Tools.dsk

It was probably the CF format

CASS.dsk

This disk format seems to work (now exploring the Save to CASS option)

• Like 1

I am able to export, but not be able to load the loader in Js99er.net (I can load the loader in classic99)

(but then also the next challenge how to start loading the 1200 baud file = TI invaders, seem to be exported okay)

but it need to be triggered to load from CS1

"MCloader and source" are in the previous post as part of the disk

tapeloader.wav

tape1200.wav

• Like 1

I could load the loader in js99er.net, but when I run it I get a 'data error'.

I doubt that it will possible to make a high speed tape loader work on js99er.net. When I implemented the normal speed tape emulation I had to patch the routine that measures the speed to always use a fixed value, and something similar is probably also required here.

I could load the loader in js99er.net, but when I run it I get a 'data error'.

I doubt that it will possible to make a high speed tape loader work on js99er.net. When I implemented the normal speed tape emulation I had to patch the routine that measures the speed to always use a fixed value, and something similar is probably also required here.

The loader is on the disk Cass.dsk which I saved to cs1

In XB

Old dsk1.mcloader

Save cs1

(Which was saved correctly in JS99er.net, because I can load it in classic99 without any issue), but not in js99er.net?

After run. Now it expects the second file at 1200 baud to load. (I opened the wav file in a music player and sounds correct to me as well, only it does not start to load in classic 99 as I do not hear the sound)

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

After run. Now it expects the second file at 1200 baud to load. (I opened the wav file in a music player and sounds correct to me as well, only it does not start to load in classic 99 as I do not hear the sound)

I don't know if your loader will work in Classic99 - it might - but Classic99 has a hack in it with respect to the remote jack handling in order to start WAVE files at the right time -- your wave file won't play unless Classic99 sees a transition from OFF to ON on the cassette remote jack. The debug should reflect this.

I don't know if your loader will work in Classic99 - it might - but Classic99 has a hack in it with respect to the remote jack handling in order to start WAVE files at the right time -- your wave file won't play unless Classic99 sees a transition from OFF to ON on the cassette remote jack. The debug should reflect this.

Tursi:

I tried a few times, but did not work in Classic99 either (only the normal Basic loader works, but then nothing happens when loading the 1200 baud file, I tried already with a prepared 1200 baud tape).

I have not tried the other emulators (V9T9 and PC99, etc.) to see if it works for those emulators.

Rasmus

It seems that JS99er.net is saving the 1200baud files correctly (that would help people who want to run these on a real TI, who only

have a TI+32k + cassette player).

but then how do you get it to a cassette player or is it as simple playing the file and save it? (normally there was a sensitivity level for it?)

(I still need to try a Smartphone and to see if it loads into the TI, but

Not sure how many people around would use this TI+32K+cassette option, but it is quite fun (I found the Funnelweb loader also fun todo).

PS. Sitting at an airport right now, and love the new JS99er.net version, well done, nice layout.

• Like 3

Tursi:

I tried a few times, but did not work in Classic99 either (only the normal Basic loader works, but then nothing happens when loading the 1200 baud file, I tried already with a prepared 1200 baud tape).

I have not tried the other emulators (V9T9 and PC99, etc.) to see if it works for those emulators.

Hehe, most likely the fast loader is not toggling the remote line, so Classic99 doesn't know to start the playback. The debug log will explicitly say so if anyone would check. ;)

I'll try to remember to add a 'play tape' command when I'm fixing Rich's GRAM issue, so such things can be worked around. I'd be curious to see if it worked.

The new beta version is available from http://js99er.net/beta or http://beta.js99er.net

The biggest change at the moment compared to the old version is probably the larger TI screen area, which has been optimized for 16/9 screens. The Disk tab should also be a bit more logical to use. I don't think the performance has suffered much.

I didn't catch this earlier. Is there a configuration option to shrink the screen size or is it hard-coded for 16:9 and a specific resolution? I often use a 4:3 monitor and haven't figured out a way to see more than just the TI screen, which fills the entire space. All of the options show up below the TI screen and are only visible if I scroll the browser window down, which then pushes the TI screen up and out of view. I tried using CTRL- to zoom out but that didn't change anything.

I didn't catch this earlier. Is there a configuration option to shrink the screen size or is it hard-coded for 16:9 and a specific resolution? I often use a 4:3 monitor and haven't figured out a way to see more than just the TI screen, which fills the entire space. All of the options show up below the TI screen and are only visible if I scroll the browser window down, which then pushes the TI screen up and out of view. I tried using CTRL- to zoom out but that didn't change anything.

The current layout is designed for wide or tall screens, which is all I have had for the last ~10 years.

For aspect ratios >= 14/9 the TI screen and toolbar is filling the entire height of the screen with the tabbed pane filling the space to the right. For aspect ratios < 14/9 the TI screen is filling the entire width of the screen with the tabbed pane displayed beneath it. A 4/3 (12/9) screen falls into the latter category.

I could make a 3rd layout for screens that are close to square. How do you propose it should look? For instance, one option would be to move the TI screen into a tab.

The current layout is designed for wide or tall screens, which is all I have had for the last ~10 years.

For aspect ratios >= 14/9 the TI screen and toolbar is filling the entire height of the screen with the tabbed pane filling the space to the right. For aspect ratios < 14/9 the TI screen is filling the entire width of the screen with the tabbed pane displayed beneath it. A 4/3 (12/9) screen falls into the latter category.

I could make a 3rd layout for screens that are close to square. How do you propose it should look? For instance, one option would be to move the TI screen into a tab.

I will try out the beta on my surface pro. No need to change the code on my account but if you decide to offer an option, the old version's layout seemed fine for 4:3 aspect ratio. I usually keep the TI screen smaller in emulation, so I may be a poor test case as I don't go full-screen very often.

I will try out the beta on my surface pro. No need to change the code on my account but if you decide to offer an option, the old version's layout seemed fine for 4:3 aspect ratio. I usually keep the TI screen smaller in emulation, so I may be a poor test case as I don't go full-screen very often.

Note that the beta is no longer a beta. The new version is at https://js99er.net and the old version at https://old.js99er.net

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 1

Tursi:

I gave this a try on Classic99 before bed now that I've got the play command in. The problem was entirely that the fast loader doesn't toggle the remote line, which Classic99 relied on to start WAV playback. When I manually started it, it loaded fine. I was also pleased to see tape loading worked fine from overdrive, which made it a lot more bearable! ;)

• Like 1

Asmusr,

Good job on the updates!
I almost forgot that JS99'er supports Gamepads (Joysticks) until I actually tried it. :)

Since the GUI hopefully is easier to change, can you add a deadzone percentage in the options?

Something like:

Joystick center deadzone:

0-----[]-----25 %

Asmusr,

Good job on the updates!

I almost forgot that JS99'er supports Gamepads (Joysticks) until I actually tried it. :)

Since the GUI hopefully is easier to change, can you add a deadzone percentage in the options?

Something like:

Joystick center deadzone:

0-----[]-----25 %

I could add an option but I would rather try to find default value that works well. The current threshold is 10%, which is just an arbitrary number. Do you think it should be higher or lower?

I am able to export, but not be able to load the loader in Js99er.net (I can load the loader in classic99)

(but then also the next challenge how to start loading the 1200 baud file = TI invaders, seem to be exported okay)

but it need to be triggered to load from CS1

"MCloader and source" are in the previous post as part of the disk

attachicon.giftapeloader.wav

attachicon.giftape1200.wav

@globeron

How did you create the invaders tape1200.wav, when I when I load it in Classic99 the file loads and runs.

My attempts to create a wav will save in js99'er ok, but it will not load it in Classic 99. I get data error,

Never mind I managed to make some 1200 baud games with Js99'er.

The 0135-AssemblyRoutines-Tools.dsk, which must be auto loaded select option B, to save wav files at 1200 baud.

I used latest classic99 to test load it works great. and it also loads in with a real ti99/4a via small ampifier. to boost sound.

I could add an option but I would rather try to find default value that works well. The current threshold is 10%, which is just an arbitrary number. Do you think it should be higher or lower?

In my case, it needs to be higher. With barely any deflection it's usually registering as a diagonal direction.

So many different controllers out there. Some drivers would allow more fine tuning of the calibration. The driver for the controller I'm using unfortunately does not offer anything (a USB wired Xbox One controller).

In my case, it needs to be higher. With barely any deflection it's usually registering as a diagonal direction.

So many different controllers out there. Some drivers would allow more fine tuning of the calibration. The driver for the controller I'm using unfortunately does not offer anything (a USB wired Xbox One controller).

I have increased the threshold to 25%.