IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

Love that this product is out there and that I can run RXB in it but....

Hmm see a few problems.

Typing in a program to test it found you there is no key to put in a minus -1 or any minus sign?

I am on Windows 7 with a Mac Pro using of course my Apple Keyboard but normally it always works?

Second issue is I loaded a FW disk from MESS and it will catalog from RXB or REA but crashes running anything?

Always says memory lacking or screen gets goofy? So could it be my Java on my OS?

Ok found the issue farther back i.e.

QUOTE:

It's running most cartridges I have tried. It still won't run any kind of basic (Ti Basic, XB, RXB) so I guess there must be some GPL problem, but I don't know how to track it down. Apart from that the only problems I have noticed have to do with the VDP emulation, e.g. no support for magnified sprites.

This would explain the issue with the programs. Some programs I type in work, but most crash when using subprograms in RXB like CALL HGET from off the screen.

So is a work in progress and will wait.

Ok found the issue farther back i.e.

QUOTE:

It's running most cartridges I have tried. It still won't run any kind of basic (Ti Basic, XB, RXB) so I guess there must be some GPL problem, but I don't know how to track it down. Apart from that the only problems I have noticed have to do with the VDP emulation, e.g. no support for magnified sprites.

This would explain the issue with the programs. Some programs I type in work, but most crash when using subprograms in RXB like CALL HGET from off the screen.

So is a work in progress and will wait.

Rich, the problems I described in the quote are supposed to be fixed, so we need to find out what's causing those problems. Can you post the FW disk that you're having problems with? And please give an example of a CALL HGET that crashes.

Edit: Note that SAMS is not supported.

Rich, the problems I described in the quote are supposed to be fixed, so we need to find out what's causing those problems. Can you post the FW disk that you're having problems with? And please give an example of a CALL HGET that crashes.

Edit: Note that SAMS is not supported.

Ok here is a zip from the latest MESS FW.rpk

After double checking I had a typo in the HGET program so no problems after all there.

New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip

I got the Funnelweb versions of all kinds from MESS list of disks.

It does include this one that works but crashes when you try to catalog a disk.

But works in some emulators, just not this one. This is FWeb501.dsk that I normally used on my real iron TI99/4A

FWeb501.zip

I got the Funnelweb versions of all kinds from MESS list of disks.

It does include this one that works but crashes when you try to catalog a disk.

But works in some emulators, just not this one. This is FWeb501.dsk that I normally used on my real iron TI99/4A

The reason why the disk functions are not working is that I have not emulated disk sector access in my DSR yet.

• Like 1

I have an issue with sound on my computer, it sounds like it's underwater and repeats tones.

I have a WinXP Acer with a Realtek driver for sound, and I am using Google Chrome. Has anyone else noticed strange sound?

Edited by Retrospect

I have an issue with sound on my computer, it sounds like it's underwater and repeats tones.

I have a WinXP Acer with a Realtek driver for sound, and I am using Google Chrome. Has anyone else noticed strange sound?

The sound emulation requires the host CPU to generate 44100 samples per second. Which overall frame rate do you get for the emulator? If the host CPU can't keep up anything can happen.

After trying it in Chrome on Windows XP I can report that I do have some problems with the sound. For me it was more like the sound was chopped up in small pieces. But it works well in Firefox.

The Web Audio technology used for producing the sound is still experimental technology that is not supported in browsers. Probably Google do not focus much on making it work in XP.

• Like 1

The sound emulation requires the host CPU to generate 44100 samples per second. Which overall frame rate do you get for the emulator? If the host CPU can't keep up anything can happen.

I'm getting between 48 to 59 fps most of the time, funny thing is MESS emulation has the same sound problem, and other emulators (EightyOne namely) has a similar problem under Spectrum emulation so I think it's this machine I've got. I thought of a decent fix for it though, throwing it in the bin.

Latest version attached - in case you want to use it offline:

• Supports V9T9 files,
  • supports multicolor mode,
  • has a Step button that runs the emulator for 1/60th second,
  • contains a simple Disk Manager.

Basically what you can do with the Disk Manager is to load a bunch of disk images into your browser and save them to local storage (Save button). This will overwrite anything you have saved before. Next time you run the emulator you can use the Load button to restore all the disk images. Using the Disk Manager you can catalog disk images and choose which of the disk images to insert into which drives. You can also delete files or disk images (this does not affect anything on your hard drive).

Just to have something under Options I have added an option to toggle 32K expansion on/off

If you notice any games that are not working please let me know. I expect most programs to work except those that use disk sector access or peripherals that are not emulated (e.g. SAMS).

js99er-1.5.zip