IGNORED

on eBay: stjamesretail

Zwackery

Anybody here bought anything from this seller? He has a mix of stuff, but his reproductions - which he doesn't indicate as such and has them at extremely inflated prices, which might lead an uninformed buyer to think that the items in question are indeed rare and vintage - make me wonder about his wares.

His ads state that all items are tested every 6 months, yet he can't be bothered to test items which are likely PAL format, such as eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2714679405081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271467940508&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] and most of the Bomb titles? This makes me assume that he knows they're PAL but doesn't want to state that in the ad as it would hurt the value. That, in turn, makes me question his overall honesty.

His ads state that all items are tested every 6 months, yet he can't be bothered to test items which are likely PAL format, such as eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2714679405081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271467940508&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] and most of the Bomb titles? This makes me assume that he knows they're PAL but doesn't want to state that in the ad as it would hurt the value. That, in turn, makes me question his overall honesty.

I asked him about this very issue. I told him to test the cart before sending it to me. He said he is working on the road and he has pictures off all his games. He claims he only lists them as tested and working if he remembers that particular game working.

Some of his auctions he claims he would do " live testing". I asked how in the world can he do live testing if he isn't home. His response was that he travels with his 43 most valuable games and an Atari.

I told him to cut the bullshit and test the cart I purchased and let me know if it works and if it is PAL. I got no response and the item has been listed as shipped, but has no tracking info.

I'll update this thread when I get the item or a complaint ends up being filed.

Some of his auctions he claims he would do " live testing". I asked how in the world can he do live testing if he isn't home. His response was that he travels with his 43 most valuable games and an Atari.

...he sounds like a real winner. I hope it works out OK for your purchase.

• Like 1

Here is the auction I won

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Atari-Bomb-Great-escape-CIB-not-tested-rare-/271456011624?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f340a0568&_uhb=1

You decide if he is a piece if shit seller or not

Here are the pictures of the item that is in "Very Good" condition

post-25505-0-25123800-1399325823_thumb.jpgpost-25505-0-88275000-1399325852_thumb.jpgpost-25505-0-38889900-1399325871_thumb.jpgpost-25505-0-16153600-1399325894_thumb.jpgpost-25505-0-17136100-1399325913_thumb.jpgpost-25505-0-12374600-1399326017_thumb.jpgpost-25505-0-33493500-1399326041_thumb.jpgpost-25505-0-70676700-1399326063_thumb.jpgpost-25505-0-19183200-1399326085_thumb.jpg

Of course to top it all off, I wanted him to test it to see if it was PAL or not. He couldn't because he was "On The Road" working

He must have ran home to sign the customs declaration

Of course the game is PAL

I am awaiting a response from him.

Edited by atari181

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Atari-Bomb-Great-escape-CIB-not-tested-rare-/271456011624?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f340a0568&_uhb=1

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Of course to top it all off, I wanted him to test it to see if it was PAL or not. He couldn't because he was "On The Road" working

He must have ran gone to sign the customs declaration

Deceitful seller…plain and simple. I will be sure to to avoid him. Thanks for the heads-up. He had a few items I was interested in…not anymore.

Atari181, I feel your pain but I think you probably jumped the gun a bit by bidding it up that high. Untested on ebay means tested PAL but I want top dollar so I'm on the road this week and cannot test. With ebay's formats now every auction falls into about one of five descriptions, from new to acceptable, and these are just checkboxes that can easily get skipped over when you are listing in mass. Is this box in very good condition, I'd say no, but it is not bad for a bomb box IMHO, I would have listed as good. And an honest seller would have either taken better photos or described the damage sharpie writing in the listing. But always buyer beware. Hopefully you get your money back!

I was told to give him a call, he wanted to make me happy.

I sent him a message telling him I would rate get keep it in Ebay messages to keep a record of what is said. I explained again the exact problems with the game.

His response was "please read the item description" which only says no returns .

I filed a complaint with Ebay

I don't have the item number of that lot any longer but he didn't pay much for it, nowhere near $200 for that game.

The games were also clearly listed as PAL, so he knew what he got and what he was reselling.

I wonder why you haven't left negative feedback yet. He is a scumbag and won't be cooperative to give you your money back anyway. You should also bring charge against him and call eBay.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After filing a complaint with Ebay. Ebay sided with me and I sent back the game. Today I received a full refund(minus return shipping)

I received an email from him asking for me to remove the negative feedback I left because I received a refund.

Let me see:

1.charged double actual shipping costs

2.blatantly lied about the cart being PAL

3. Lied about condition of the game

4. Refused to give me a refund or do anything about it and had to be forced to do so.

OF COURSE I'LL REMOVE THE NEG!

• Like 5

After filing a complaint with Ebay. Ebay sided with me and I sent back the game. Today I received a full refund(minus return shipping)

I received an email from him asking for me to remove the negative feedback I left because I received a refund.

Let me see:

1.charged double actual shipping costs

2.blatantly lied about the cart being PAL

3. Lied about condition of the game

4. Refused to give me a refund or do anything about it and had to be forced to do so.

OF COURSE I'LL REMOVE THE NEG!

And you had to pay return shipping out of pocket…just so he can go and resell it to some unsuspecting sucker. For that alone, you should buy a cheap game from him, just so you can neg him a second time!!! :rolling:

• Like 3

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

He must have ran home to sign the customs declaration

Funny thing is, my Marauder I won from an Australian seller also has JMC written on the box, and a 'tick' on the opposite spine, and a big OK on the back of the box, writing all over the manual and a stamp saying Owner J Mc Crohan and even a separate sheet with a walkthrough, map. Kudos for putting that much effort into the game.

• Like 1

Funny thing is, my Marauder I won from an Australian seller also has JMC written on the box, and a 'tick' on the opposite spine, and a big OK on the back of the box, writing all over the manual and a stamp saying Owner J Mc Crohan and even a separate sheet with a walkthrough, map. Kudos for putting that much effort into the game.

It was a part of a large lot sold on Ebay Australia last year. It had a bunch of rare boxed games , all with the same writing on them. The buyer is a reseller and broke them up .

I'm sure you purchased it from Tunzia-???? He actually sold me a GAS HOG boxed in the same type condition at $30 for buy it now, Only to reneg on the deal the next day.