IGNORED

XB Game Developers Package

senior_falcon

Yes, you are right on both counts.

The statement separator :: will not compile properly if it is at the end of a line, whether it is followed by a comment or not.

REM can be used in XB following the statement separator, but that will not compile, so it has to be like your

10 A=B+C ! summation of variables

or my

1170 IF YEL+BLU+RED=0 THEN 690 ! CLEARED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This had me wasting half an evening some months ago ... I cut&paste XB code and left a :: :: standing ... bad idea. 

TiCodEd now looks for it and issues a warning ... I might include ":: REM" as well.

• Like 3

Hi

Just in case someone runs into this problem... If you have Norton installed on a Windows machine, and you download TiCodEd 251, you may experience that Norton wants to kill off the folder LibXBKTN and the TiCodEd.exe file. The files are put in quarantine and disappears from the downloaded and unpacked installation. This happens because Norton decides that the files are so rare and thus not verified by enough users, and that makes them suspicious even if a manual scanning finds no problems. One easy solution is to remove them from quarantine manually in Norton. This, of course, assumes that you trust the source of the files, and in this case, I do. This can happen whenever there is an update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2024 at 8:06 AM, SteveB said:

This had me wasting half an evening some months ago ... I cut&paste XB code and left a :: :: standing ... bad idea. 

TiCodEd now looks for it and issues a warning ... I might include ":: REM" as well.

Thank you! That should help the unwary avoid this in the future.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 3:03 PM, jschultzpedersen said:

Hi

Just in case someone runs into this problem... If you have Norton installed on a Windows machine, and you download TiCodEd 251, you may experience that Norton wants to kill off the folder LibXBKTN and the TiCodEd.exe file. The files are put in quarantine and disappears from the downloaded and unpacked installation. This happens because Norton decides that the files are so rare and thus not verified by enough users, and that makes them suspicious even if a manual scanning finds no problems. One easy solution is to remove them from quarantine manually in Norton. This, of course, assumes that you trust the source of the files, and in this case, I do. This can happen whenever there is an update.

might be a good idea to add this to any release notes or readme for the next release.