IGNORED

Draconian (2600)

SpiceWare

Family fun is going well. Last night my oldest nephew tied the knot

attachicon.gifIMG_8725.JPG

If you look closely you'll see the cake ties into something I did with him years ago.

I see the bride is holding what I think is a shotgun. :rolling:

Don't know why it's rotated, it looks correct in the photo app on both the iPhone and iPad, and it posted correctly on Facebook.

It is sideways viewing in the forums (windows 7, chrome browser). iPads/iPhones don't autorotate the photos (though this is possible in software without recompression of the JPG image); they just embed some metadata that instructs the viewer to rotate the image. If the forum software or image viewer doesn't know how to process the metadata, then the image displays sideways / upside down.

I've been playing the latest release off and on since it came out and I'm having tons of fun with it.

I'll say it again, most impressive, fun, replayable, best looking shooter on the 2600 in my opinion.

I've only made it to Level 5 but I'm excited to get further with more practice.

It blows my mind that most of the Bosconian arcade machines were converted to Galaga machines because Galaga made more money.

I like Galaga as much as the next guy but Bosconian has so much more going on.

Galaga is a bit simpler in context, simple and addictive like Pacman, which is why it's more iconic. But IMO Galaga has been played to death in the 21st century with the Ms Pacman / Galaga 1981 reunion machines.

Bosconian is a great game but it takes a few quarters to get the hang of the mechanics. Galaga / Pacman, you instantly know what to do as soon as you grab the joystick.

Played again tonight, 6-25 build, and boy is that game awesome. I also tried the Beta, Gamma, and Delta levels as well. Some interesting design choices in stage layout to be sure in the Gamma and Delta stages. Also the enemy formations can be attacked and scatter making the game that much more frantic. This will be at the top of my homebrew "get list" when it is finally released in the AA store. :cool:

Thanks!

Alpha = Midway arcade levels

Beta = Namco arcade levels. B-8's a favorite for stress testing parts of the game.

Gamma = tributes to contributors. I won't be doing a credits Easter egg as the space is needed for digitized samples.

Delta = reserved for forth coming level design contest. I believe they currently show a few A and B levels, hard to tell on my iPad :lol:

• Like 2

I see the bride is holding what I think is a shotgun. :rolling:

The groom is armed as well. Follow that link and you should be able to figure it out :)

It is sideways viewing in the forums (windows 7, chrome browser). iPads/iPhones don't autorotate the photos (though this is possible in software without recompression of the JPG image); they just embed some metadata that instructs the viewer to rotate the image. If the forum software or image viewer doesn't know how to process the metadata, then the image displays sideways / upside down.

Hmm, thought I'd posted other portrait photos like that in the past without any rotation issues...

post-3056-0-32912200-1499136849_thumb.jpg

Well that looks correct - let's try the cake again...

post-3056-0-68548500-1499136798_thumb.jpg

Weird.

Thanks!

Alpha = Midway arcade levels

Beta = Namco arcade levels. B-8's a favorite for stress testing parts of the game.

Gamma = tributes to contributors. I won't be doing a credits Easter egg as the space is needed for digitized samples.

Delta = reserved for forth coming level design contest. I believe they currently show a few A and B levels, hard to tell on my iPad :lol:

Impressive that so much can be put on a cart these days. Delta especially sounds awesome.

Hmmm, judging by your pictures, I am guessing Han and Leia got married in the dairyland?

Spice, I just want to confirm that baring any major issues or RL concerns, Stella 5.0 will be released on July 16. So if there are any last-minute changes to CDF/BUS, now is the time to get them in.

I need to update the Stella on my Pi so I can give this a game a try.

Spice, I just want to confirm that baring any major issues or RL concerns, Stella 5.0 will be released on July 16. So if there are any last-minute changes to CDF/BUS, now is the time to get them in.

I think CDF is finalized, but we still have the issue with it not working on my evil 7800. That might require a change to CDF, I don't know. Have no eta for when we'll get that resolved as the turnaround time between builds has been long due to RL obligations for both cd-w and myself.

I think CDF is finalized, but we still have the issue with it not working on my evil 7800. That might require a change to CDF, I don't know. Have no eta for when we'll get that resolved as the turnaround time between builds has been long due to RL obligations for both cd-w and myself.

OK, that will have to be in 5.1.

It runs fine on my 7800 using a modified Concerto running Harmony Encore BIOS 1.06.

My 7800 was capable of loading Concerto menu and booting ROMs but all 7800 ROMs got corrupted. My 7800 also works flawlessly with 2600 Bus stuffing demos so it may be unrelated issues. Some 2600 games full stop don't work on some 7800 console revisions (Robot Tank and Reindeer Rescue both fail on my 7800) so if you know of one rouge 7800 that doesn't like a specific game, I wouldn't withhold it from production provided it runs on good old 6-, 4-switch, and Jr VCS models...

It runs fine on my 7800 using a modified Concerto running Harmony Encore BIOS 1.06.

There's 2 startup paths - one if the Harmony's menu is used, another if the game is flashed directly to the cart. Draconian runs fine on my 7800 if it's loaded from the menu, it doesn't run at all when Draconian is flashed to the cart.

So the problem's in the "flashed to cart" startup procedure, which is the same that will be used for stand alone games from the AtariAge Store.

There's 2 startup paths - one if the Harmony's menu is used, another if the game is flashed directly to the cart. Draconian runs fine on my 7800 if it's loaded from the menu, it doesn't run at all when Draconian is flashed to the cart.

So the problem's in the "flashed to cart" startup procedure, which is the same that will be used for stand alone games from the AtariAge Store.

Hmmm okay. I haven't tried to directly flash anything games since I'd rather have access to my ROM library...

Your 2013 Circus AtariAge PRGE preview ROM (not related to the recent/upcoming 7800 release by PMP) did the little menu thingy where the spinning logo rolls away when played on Harmony but not when run in Stella. I always wondered how you pulled that off.

Hmmm okay. I haven't tried to directly flash anything games since I'd rather have access to my ROM library...

Your 2013 Circus AtariAge PRGE preview ROM (not related to the recent/upcoming 7800 release by PMP) did the little menu thingy where the spinning logo rolls away when played on Harmony but not when run in Stella. I always wondered how you pulled that off.

That was Omegamatrix. Looking forward to that because the 2600 always needs more paddle games!