IGNORED

Draconian (2600)

SpiceWare

Hmmm okay. I haven't tried to directly flash anything games since I'd rather have access to my ROM library...

Due to the evil 7800, I've learned it's best to periodically test games by flashing them else we'd be scrambling at the last minute trying to resolve a problem.

BTW: Does anyone have a contact for Omegamatrix? Al is searching for him to get his Trak-Ball conversions into the AA store.

Sorry, we never e-mailed.

He never mentioned what his job was, or where in Canada he lives.

We know his first/last name.

Hasn't Al ever mailed anything to him?

They are all posted in the Trak-Ball thread.

Does Al need source code?

September 2016 was his last login to AtariAge, I see.

So this game is forever in limbo? At least we have the PRGE demo ROM. :sad:

Re: Circus Atariage (2600)

It was to have Atarivox+ support.

To me it is as great as Medieval Mayhem is to Warlords, Circus Atariage (2600) is to Circus Atari.

• Like 1

Finally recouped enough from my trip to Wisconsin to work on Draconian!

• new samples from iesposta for Blast Off and Battlestations
  • new start of game tune from iesposta
  • fixed a bug where you could destroy a station by hitting a closed station core.
  • revised the SECTOR # display logic

For Harmony or Stella (requires Stella 5.0.0 or newer)
draconian_20170716.bin

Please reference Rules of the Game for what's been implemented and what's to come.

• Like 9

Sorry, we never e-mailed.

He never mentioned what his job was, or where in Canada he lives.

We know his first/last name.

Hasn't Al ever mailed anything to him?

They are all posted in the Trak-Ball thread.

Does Al need source code?

September 2016 was his last login to AtariAge, I see.

Last time I talked to him (a couple years ago) I think he was still living in BC. I forget Jeff's last name though so searching for "Jeff in British Columbia" might be a little hard :(

Is there a way to skip the introductory music at the start of the level?

No you can't skip it.

What's wrong with my music, once, at the start of the game (not level)? That 7 seconds is a _really_ long time to wait!

Try "mute". :P

:D

Actually that music is the end of game, high score music so it will be replaced soon.

• Like 2

Thanks! The difficulty ramp up still needs to be worked out, until then the later levels will be unplayable. The stations shooting before the Star Fighter starts to move is a bug.

Turns out the start of game tune is the wrong tune! I believe the correct tune is shorter in duration.

• Like 1

Thanks! The difficulty ramp up still needs to be worked out, until the the later levels will be unplayable. The stations shooting before the Star Fighter starts to move is a bug.

Turns out the start of game tune is the wrong tune! I believe the correct tune is shorter in duration.

LOL! ;-)

I think stage 1 started off the same but the Space Stations waited for a period prior to attacking. I did my Let's Play video on "Normal" mode.

They didn't wait - there's a random element that controls when a station will shoot. Currently it uses this:

i = 25 +                          // 25/255 = minimum 10% chance a cooled down pod will fire
      ((MM_LEVEL * gSector)>>2);    // increased based on difficulty level and level
  gPodFireChance = (i > 255) ? 255 : i;

when means there's a 10% chance on the initial level of any difficulty, and an 85% chance on level 256 of Hard.

Also, in your video it sounds like you're rapidly hitting fire? You can just hold the button down.

• Like 1

Wow, just checked back in via the Kosmic Stardust's video, and I can't believe the progress on this WIP, or how closely it resembles the arcade game in nearly all respects! :o I wasted many quarters on the original BITD, so I'm not some chump that's easily impressed with a knock-off.

Darrell's tech voodoo powers appear to be turned up to 11, and Nathan and iesposta's contributions are clearly top notch too! Great job guys! :thumbsup:

• Like 1