IGNORED

New Battery pack for Wii U Gamepad

MIKE5200

There's also an official Nintendo-brand extended life battery.

About a week ago I went to the Nintendo online store and it was down - says it will be until May 9. That's strange that they'd take it down for so long; it makes you wonder if they're in trouble or something....

post-16281-0-30792600-1399442435_thumb.jpg

I bought the Nyko product: it worked but I didn't like it as it just added too much weight to the gamepad... for me (your experience may differ).

I also bought the new longer-life battery from the Nintendo store: was easy to install (once I found a small enough screw driver...LOL) and it does improve the length of game time between charges.

There's also an official Nintendo-brand extended life battery.

About a week ago I went to the Nintendo online store and it was down - says it will be until May 9. That's strange that they'd take it down for so long; it makes you wonder if they're in trouble or something....

attachicon.gifNintendo Store Down.jpg

It's their yearly store refresh. No trouble. It usually takes a week or 2.

It's their yearly store refresh. No trouble. It usually takes a week or 2.

Thanks; I wasn't aware they did that.

But back to the extended-battery discussion: I thought I'd read here (on AtariAge) that people were buying the new gamepad battery for $32 from Nintendo. However, it is not listed in their store!

Here's the section on Controllers and Remotes

Here's the section on Replacement Parts

Here's the section on Accessories

Where did people find that? The Nyko Uboost (the original poster posted about) is a thing that hangs off the back of the controller, but I think the official Nintendo expanded battery fits under the stock battery cover? Where'd you guys find that?

It was listed since I checked when it first was made available, they've just taken it down for whatever reason. Only the manual for $1.25 is listed (They're sure going to sell a lot of those).

Edited by Atariboy