IGNORED

The PacManPlus Sanctioned 30th Anniversary Cart! NO PM'S!

CPUWIZ

It's not really meant to be a snide or anything like that. The reality of the matter is that donors are needed to do projects like this. Fair or not really doesn't matter. The comment was to point out that sending a donor cart(part of the original offer or not) is better than the cart not being released because of something so small as not having enough donors. It has nothing to so with my spot in line.

I think fair does matter, a lot, and I think this will very likely find a way to get done even if it took longer than most would like, sans donor carts per order. But I completely see your point and that the comment was not made out of respect to your spot in line. Though suggesting he should just send pcbs is a snide comment! :P

If it came down to me tossing in a 7800 game I'd then have to rebuy just to have a shell to offer, I would. I'd just need to know which one gets sacrificed.

Edited by GoldenWheels

I've got a question about shells in general: The 7800 was less popular/successful than the 2600 to start with, so it seems reasonable that 2600 donors are far more plentiful than 7800. Late release 2600 carts lack the dust flap. Assuming the 2600/7800 game carts use the same form factor except for the extra pins on the 7800, would it be possible to use open-ended 2600 cart shells as donors for 7800 games?

Please excuse me for sounding like a newb as I'm not quite as familiar with 7800. I don't yet own a 7800, but the possibility exists I may be getting one in the future.

Edited by stardust4ever

I have some doner carts.. Maybe I could have one converted for myself and do somewhat of a trade. How about money order plus doner carts for one copy of the game?

Hers the carts I have:

One on one basketball

One on one basketball

Karateka

Karateka

Hat trick

Pole position 2

You could make six more copies of the game with those. I'd buy one and you could sell the rest :)

I'd also be willing to just buy a bare cart PCB of the game without a shell if that's easier. I'd just put it onto my own shell.

Edited by AlecRob

Please, let's not turn this thread ugly. :)

Or else ... mine.gif

Which will most likely be followed by something like this...

Kennett.jpg

would it be possible to use open-ended 2600 cart shells as donors for 7800 games?

For this project, yes.

• Like 3

IHowever he did not say "for people past the original 60 perhaps you should require a donor cart". If that is what was intended or mentioned earlier and being referenced then I missed it and apologize. I think you see perhaps how I was reading it, hypothetically--as an attempt to bump people out of the first 60 simply because they don't have donor carts, which would be a completely unfair thing to do.

No, I didn't, I can do whatever I want after the promised 60 though, perhaps I will make some available for trade only, you get one, if you send me 25 donors and no money. ;) Or maybe they will be trickled out on ebay for "charity", like Battlesphere. :lolblue: Or maybe I will send a few to the guys at RatedRR and see what they look like, when a 50cal sniper rifle goes through them in slow motion. :evil:

Maybe I'll bury a few in New Mexico and you can go digging. :ponder:

You never know!

I like the idea of shipping just the pcb and label. That would save you a lot of trouble in acquiring and assembling cartridges.

Not going to happen, I just don't roll that way.

-----------------------------------------------------

As for anybody else, who wants to tell me what I can and can't do with a project that PacManPlus, PAC-MAN PRIME, myself and RevEng cooked up.

Here ya go :P ...

PMPShirt.JPG

• Like 8

As for anybody else, who wants to tell me what I can and can't do with a project that PacManPlus, PAC-MAN PRIME, myself and RevEng cooked up.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

PS: I sent out 21 donor carts today, along with the 5 joystick cables. ;) :thumbsup:

• Like 3

No, I didn't, I can do whatever I want after the promised 60 though, perhaps I will make some available for trade only, you get one, if you send me 25 donors and no money. ;) Or maybe they will be trickled out on ebay for "charity", like Battlesphere. :lolblue: Or maybe I will send a few to the guys at RatedRR and see what they look like, when a 50cal sniper rifle goes through them in slow motion. :evil:

Maybe I'll bury a few in New Mexico and you can go digging. :ponder:

You never know!

Not going to happen, I just don't roll that way.

-----------------------------------------------------

I guess I am a little confused....when I said "he" I was referring to atari181 via trebors very nice mediation effort a page or so back, not you CPUWIZ. I may be being dense here but I just want to be sure I am not pissing anyone off, including atari181, related to the project or not. That wasn't my intention.

I can't tell you what you can and can't do with a project......

BUT I CAN TELL YOU WHERE TO INSERT THAT CARTRIDGE! :x :x :x :x :x

• Like 3

I heard Shatner was pissed!

attachicon.gifShati-PUWIZ.png

:P

After missing out on all the licensing fees he should be getting for his image being used on here? Wouldn't you be? He'd probably be able to stop doing those awful travel website commercials and retire if he could get those fees. :D

(And I haven't been here long and can sure tell you fellas love the Shat-atars....er....Shat-nars...er....you love some Shatner huh?)

• Like 1

After missing out on all the licensing fees he should be getting for his image being used on here? Wouldn't you be? He'd probably be able to stop doing those awful travel website commercials and retire if he could get those fees. :D

(And I haven't been here long and can sure tell you fellas love the Shat-atars....er....Shat-nars...er....you love some Shatner huh?)

May I suggest reading this epic thread? It's one of the many threads where the whole Shatner, Hello Kitty, bikes started. :D

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/196644-my-new-life/

• Like 1

Or else ... mine.gif

Which will most likely be followed by something like this...

Kennett.jpg

For this project, yes.

A wise Messiah once said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." |:)

Back to the topic, I was in Game-X-Change today buying up some games. I picked up a Solaris cart and compared it to a 7800 cartridge. Both shells were identical. That makes three red label games in my collection, in addition to Jr Pacman and Midnight Magic. Odd thing about Midnight Magic; rather than open ended, it has a spring-loaded dust trap of a different design that older Atari carts that looks like it could accomodate the wider 7800 PCBs yet doesn't require tabs to push back. So there are at least two cartridge design variants to the red label 2600 games.

Edited by stardust4ever