IGNORED

Finding the latest devkit released by Atari

Hello there are many devkits floating around the latest I could find is from jun 1995 I wonder if people have a newer version.

Atari support for the Jaguar began to minimize around Sep/oct when Atari contacted JTS for the first time... So Until then I suspect the devkit was still developed/bug fixed etc.

When you have an Atari software devkit or a few versions and not completly sure about the date/ version contact me i you would be willing to share the Atari files I will check if there is some usefull stuff in there. When new stuff is found it will be shared in this thread.

the only "devkit" you need is the file "jaguar.inc", and the "jag_v8.pdf" documentation

the rest is unnecessary, just get the latest "windows" compatible modern assembler like smac/sln from subqmod or rmac/rln from reboot's website.

check out example on how to code on jaguar, and there you go

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?showtopic=836

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 3

the only "devkit" you need is the file "jaguar.inc", and the "jag_v8.pdf" documentation

I don't agree completely :)

Jag_v8.pdf, despite its name and date, is not the most recent version ; there are scanned copies of the docs that include more info and corrections. It also doesn't contain some information that is in other documents. Its advantage is that you can use the search function with it, since the text has been OCRed.

The most recent official docs I know of are here, and the most recent Jaguar.inc is there.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...