IGNORED

Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming this fall

Bilnick

That is not how it originally worked. There are a considerable amount of bugs in the game. 343i has been releasing patches frequently to correct issues but they still have a good bit of work to do. It is pretty disappointing that such a fantastic collection is marred by so many annoying bugs. It seems to be a theme this generation.

Anyone here at AtariAge playing Halo: MCC? I'm having an issue with save games. Namely, in Halo 2 (maybe elsewhere also, but I'm not sure) as I play through the campaign solo, if I save and quit after a checkpoint, when I come back to the game it starts me at the very beginning of the mission.

Is that how the original game worked as well? I thought that checkpoints weren't just for reloading when you died during the current play session, but where you could also save and come back at a later time and pick up progress at that point. But it's been so long since I've played Halo 2....maybe I'm mistaken?

I am absolutely sure that I'm gong to the save/quit button, and saving before I leave the game.

Any insights anyone might have would be greatly appreciated!

That is the Halo 2 Anniversary save bug. Mid level saves don't work right now. When you start a level, make sure you have time to finish the level. All the other games in the MCC seem to save fine.

Anyone here at AtariAge playing Halo: MCC? I'm having an issue with save games. Namely, in Halo 2 (maybe elsewhere also, but I'm not sure) as I play through the campaign solo, if I save and quit after a checkpoint, when I come back to the game it starts me at the very beginning of the mission.

Is that how the original game worked as well? I thought that checkpoints weren't just for reloading when you died during the current play session, but where you could also save and come back at a later time and pick up progress at that point. But it's been so long since I've played Halo 2....maybe I'm mistaken?

I am absolutely sure that I'm gong to the save/quit button, and saving before I leave the game.

Any insights anyone might have would be greatly appreciated!

I noticed if there was a patch your saved game goes back to the beginning of the chapter you're playing.

Edited by Official Ninja

It is better, especially for the Halo 2 Anniversary playlist. It is still no where near what was pitched to the fans by 343i. There is still no Halo CE and Halo 4 dedicated matchmaking playlist. Playing game in a group is slightly better, but still buggy. Sooooo many bugs. This is the most broken game I have ever played. If I took the time, I could easily come up with like 20+ bugs or things that are just plain broken.

I actually got online with four friends last night and we played three matches of Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer and the game didn't crash, didn't break-up our party in-between matches, there were no menu glitches, no gfx or sfx glitches, even teams and no lag. I'm a fairly hardcore Halo fan and I love the series for both the campaigns and multiplayer and this was the first session of MCC multiplayer where I actually had fun. There are still tons of bugs, but it is getting better.

Thanks Major Havoc for the confirmation. I figured something was up, but had only seen things mentioned about Multiplayer bugs (and some achievement stuff....my achievement for completing the Pillar of Autumn level in H:CEA is still "unlocking"!!). So I'll just have to make sure I can finish a complete level for the time being. I'm taking a more casual approach to Halo 2 anyway (playing through on Normal....did H:CEA on Heroic), so fortunately it's not as big of a deal as it otherwise would have been.

So, as far as anyone is aware though, this mid-level save bug hasn't affected the 3 other games? I didn't notice it on H:CEA, so I guess I'm really just asking about H3 and H4

I can definitely appreciate that if I was a big multiplayer fan all these bugs I've been hearing about would be extremely annoying. As it stands for me, personally, I'm still loving this collection.

• 2 weeks later...

That is the Halo 2 Anniversary save bug. Mid level saves don't work right now. When you start a level, make sure you have time to finish the level. All the other games in the MCC seem to save fine.

Well fortunately the H2 save bug must have been fixed. Appears to now properly save mid-level checkpoint progress, which is nice because.....Halo 2 is quite a bit more difficult than I remember it. I'm loving every minute of it, but did Halo 2 difficulty ramp up a bit compared to Halo:CE? It's by far the game that I haven't played in the franchise for the longest period of time, basically since release. Whereas I've replayed CE quite a few times if you add the anniversary additions, and naturally H3 and H4 came out so much more recently. So, maybe I just don't remember the difficulty ramping up a bit???

Ya, Halo 2 Legendary on solo is extremely difficult compared to all the other Halo games on Legendary. Approach it like you would a difficult bullet hell shmup, and you will be in the right mind set. Halo 2 on Legendary requires some memorization of where enemies are located, especially the brutal Jackel snipers and requires you to develop a strategy on how to best attack hard parts of the levels. The noob combo is a must to combat the crazy AI of the Elites. You get a nice sense of accomplishment when finishing Halo 2 on Legendary, or even Heroic.

Wow, nice! So they are indeed making ODST as DLC (I assume), and are providing it for free to those that played the game anywhere between launch and 12/19. Maybe I'll finally give ODST a shot as a result. Tried it once on the 360 and stopped just a few minutes in, it didn't really do anything for me. Maybe at 60fps and a new frame of mind I'll enjoy it.

Hopefully they release a full Halo compilation on-disc someday for the XB1, in a two disc compilation.

The unfinished state of this release will only grow more unsatisfactory as it becomes not only unfinished and terribly buggy in its original disc form, but incomplete as well due to content additions.

Not a complaint that ODST is coming (I wonder if Reach and Halo Anniversary's maps will come along later on?), but it would be nice to see these remasterings be represented with a truly complete retail release.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ya, Halo 2 Legendary on solo is extremely difficult compared to all the other Halo games on Legendary.

Great.... playing through CE on legendary right now and have raged quit a few times. Have previously played all the others (on the 360) from Halo 3 on, on legendary and it wasn't that bad.

I can't wait for ODST. I never thought I'd enjoy it that much, then ended up playing it through twice.

I loved ODST, thought it was a lot of fun. Will definitely get it for MCC as well.

Great.... playing through CE on legendary right now and have raged quit a few times. Have previously played all the others (on the 360) from Halo 3 on, on legendary and it wasn't that bad.

I had played Halo when it came out on PC years ago and I didn't recall as many random nade deaths or walk out door and die moments as I've run into this run though. I've also raged out a few times.

Edited by omegadot