• 3 weeks later...

That's not what I meant. I meant was there a chance of swapping the original color selections out for something that's better looking, not adding more color. The colors they selected like that shade of green and the purple and pink aliens look pretty awful and mar what's otherwise a fine conversion.

Would've been nice to see the primary color of each from the arcade be utilized as closely as possible.

Edit: Something like this...

The Original

post-2825-0-03756600-1403043340_thumb.jpg

My Example

post-2825-0-78700400-1403043353_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atariboy

That's not what I meant. I meant was there a chance of swapping the original color selections out for something that's better looking, not adding more color. The colors they selected like that shade of green and the purple and pink aliens look pretty awful and mar what's otherwise a fine conversion.Would've been nice to see the primary color of each from the arcade be utilized as closely as possible.Edit: Something like this...The Originalattachicon.gifgalagaoriginal.jpgMy Exampleattachicon.gifGalagaexample.jpg

The 2nd pic doesn't look like it use the CV palette

That's not what I meant. I meant was there a chance of swapping the original color selections out for something that's better looking, not adding more color. The colors they selected like that shade of green and the purple and pink aliens look pretty awful and mar what's otherwise a fine conversion.

Would've been nice to see the primary color of each from the arcade be utilized as closely as possible.

Edit: Something like this...

The Original

attachicon.gifgalagaoriginal.jpg

My Example

attachicon.gifGalagaexample.jpg

The 16-color palette of the ColecoVision cannot be altered.

So that's the closest they could get? It's a wonder why so many Colecovision games have nice looking colors then since the apparently extremely limited Colecovision palette selection definitely doesn't do Galaga any favors.

I think if I bought this, I'd be switching to B&W. I have a picture mode on my Trinitron with color turned off just for things like this where I think it would look better, 2600 games that I grew up playing in B&W, and even movies and tv shows once in a while if I prefer it in B&W (like the later seasons of Gilligan's Island where the introduction of color just made everything look even more fake).

I bet this one would look great in B&W and would look a lot like a late 70's arcade game.

The 2nd pic doesn't look like it use the CV palette

In my defense, while I obviously don't know anything about its technical capabilities, I did say as close as possible to the primary color of the arcade version.

I wasn't expecting it to be able to match that example perfectly where I grabbed color samples directly off a screenshot of the arcade game.

:)

Edited by Atariboy

Two questions:

1- Do this version have the challenging stage. ?

2- Is the SGM just for enhanced sound, or will ColecoVision Galaga only Work together with the SGM. ?

:ponder:

I think I can answer those questions: I expect that the game will be a straight port of the MSX version, so if there are challenge stages in the MSX version, they will be in the CV version as well. As for sounds, I expect that the MSX port of Galaga will use the sound chip in the SGM exclusively, bypassing/ignoring the ColecoVision's sound chip altogether.

• Like 1

So Eduardo has chosen ColecoVision Galaga only work with the SGM.

I came for doubt that CV Galaga without SGM would work with Coleco's own audio chip, and CV Galaga with SGM would have the improved sound.

Whether the ColecoVision version of Galaga is an MSX port or an arcade port, it will require the SGM. That much is certain.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An update to the status of the Telebunny release would indeed be welcome.

Any further news that can be shared re. Flappee Byrd and Galaga would be appreciated as well seeing as it's been pretty quiet around here of late.

Edited by NIAD

For my part, I have finished designing the boxes, labels and manuals of
Telebunny
Space Raid(Intellivision & Atari 2600)
Galaga
Nibbli
Sydney Hunter & the Shrines of Peril (for Intellivision).

I'm going to start working on Flapee Byrd soon (after my vacations).

J-F or Toby can tell you when production will start.

• Like 1

An update to the status of the Telebunny release would indeed be welcome.

Any further news that can be shared re. Flappee Byrd and Galaga would be appreciated as well seeing as it's been pretty quiet around here of late.

I submitted Flappe Byrd to them for testing. So it's pretty much done.

• Like 1

Yeah, but Toby doesn't drop by these forums very often, and you're here practically every day. Enjoy the spotlight! :P

He's almost here every day, ... for a couple of mimutes...though

Last weekend, he told me everything should get release very soon

So my guess is next week

Edited by retroillucid