IGNORED

Tower of Doom Tips

On 12/7/2015 at 3:00 PM, thegoldenband said:

Thanks, Joe! Pretty much everything I've found is on the Strategywiki site:

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Tower_of_Doom

I agree, it's a real shame they didn't save something special for the Grail Quest -- either a bad ending, or a good one for rescuing the Grail. Ah, well.

Have something interesting to add that I didn't see unless I just missed it:

The standard healing rate seems to be 1/4 shield every 16 heartbeats. The Novice character is double that at 1/2 shield every 16 beats. Most notably the Barbarian seems to heal at 1/4 shield every 2 beats, so 8 times the normal rate. So while the Barbarian is somewhat weak to start relative to most of the other characters they become significantly more powerful the more their max HP increases. They can also survive longer when life force has become depleted because the accelerated healing rate slows down the HP decay due to hunger. This makes quaffing a Superpower Flask a more viable strategy for temporarily staving off death from starvation.

edit: I'm also curious as to what happens to the HP regeneration rate with the Barbarian if the Ring of Rapid Healing and/or the Rosary of Rapid Healing are also used and the potential implications it could mean as far as starvation goes.

Edited by Shad0WeN
  • Like 1

The Cyan Rosary Necklace ("A Dark Cloud Hangs Over You") will restore life force to maximum but is also cursed and causes monsters to spawn constantly. The effect seems permanent & the only way to negate it might be with certain scrolls that remove curses.

Edited by Shad0WeN
  • Like 1