IGNORED

PC4 Costume Contest

Osmeroid

Who's getting in to the swing of things?

I'm not asking for folks to give away what costume they'll be wearing (that would spoil the surprise!) but it would be great to know that plenty of attendees will be getting into the mood. 8)

Anyone willing to confess??? :D

GAH! PLEASE tell me you are kidding. Costumes? I mean, what screams pathetic more than a 35 year old man in a dirty Pac-man suit? Dude, THIS is why classic gamers cannot get past the stereotype of being losers (see also STAR TREK fan who dresses like and speaks Klingon).

Its sad, but last year, that one dude dressed up with the life-sized Pitfall cart get-up, and while he was perfectly fine with it and had a good time, I overheard several people having fun at his expense and being downright mean about it. I felt really bad for him, because he was a cool guy.

I'm not saying it can't be pulled off and done in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way, but I really can do without a large percentage of people dressed up like Dig Dug. ;)

I'm planning on going to PC4 as the ghost from Haunted House. Of course I'll be non-corporeal, and I find when I'm in my ghost "costume" I am not visible under florescent lights. :x So you will only be able to tell if I'm in the room if you have a candle handy and it blows out.

See you there!

GAH!  PLEASE tell me you are kidding.  Costumes?  I mean, what screams pathetic more than a 35 year old man in a dirty Pac-man suit?  Dude, THIS is why classic gamers cannot get past the stereotype of being losers (see also STAR TREK fan who dresses like and speaks Klingon).

Its sad, but last year, that one dude dressed up with the life-sized Pitfall cart get-up, and while he was perfectly fine with it and had a good time, I overheard several people having fun at his expense and being downright mean about it.  I felt really bad for him, because he was a cool guy.

I'm not saying it can't be pulled off and done in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way, but I really can do without a large percentage of people dressed up like Dig Dug. ;)

I'll be guided by your wisdom in this matter! :dunce: :lolblue:

GAH!  PLEASE tell me you are kidding.  Costumes?  I mean, what screams pathetic more than a 35 year old man in a dirty Pac-man suit?  Dude, THIS is why classic gamers cannot get past the stereotype of being losers (see also STAR TREK fan who dresses like and speaks Klingon).

Reading this, a phrase comes to mind. "Ee-Nuk CHUK!" :P

Unfortunately, I'm going as the elevators stage from 2600 Donkey Kong. :(

Well, not having checked the rules of the costume contest at PhillyClassic (though I'm about to) I'm wondering whether you have to be a character from a CLASSIC game or not. Because if you can be a character from a MODERN game, I think I have an idea that would be pretty f'n sweet.. but until I'm sure I won't say anything else. :D

Hmm, classic OR modern goes. Now to decide if I actually want to do it or not. :ponder: